Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

F

"But the deal didn't go through because Spurs offered too low a wage to the player and if the wage difference is minimal he would stay at Bologna."

So Spurs only offered similar to what he was on at Bologna then?

Nic, give him £45k and be done with it.

What's he on at the moment then?

Not linked but left back Simon Poulsen CDAJFU. Played 4,5 years for AZ Alkmaar and left at the end of last season, was linked to Valencia, AC Milan and Ajax. Apparently turned Ajax down as he is looking for a club in Spain, Italy or here.

(don't look him up on Youtube, they don't have his best moments)

Not linked but left back Simon Poulsen CDAJFU. Played 4,5 years for AZ Alkmaar and left at the end of last season, was linked to Valencia, AC Milan and Ajax. Apparently turned Ajax down as he is looking for a club in Spain, Italy or here.

(don't look him up on Youtube, they don't have his best moments)

Was very good in the Euros. Thought he's signed for someone though !?

EDIT: I'm thinking of Selassie.

It all makes perfect sense. Spuds say your worth spending £12 mil on but not worth paying more than £17.5k a week to. Knowing that, Liverpool then say your worth £18 mil and we wont give you £25k or £40k or even £70k, we'll give you a £85k a week. Maybe he will go to Liverpool but as is usually the case, facts and figures are just pulled out of the air. Why would Spuds not pay anymore than £17.5k? Why would Liverpool pay him 5 x that? I don't believe a word of it.

It all makes perfect sense. Spuds say your worth spending £12 mil on but not worth paying more than £17.5k a week to. Knowing that, Liverpool then say your worth £18 mil and we wont give you £25k or £40k or even £70k, we'll give you a £85k a week. Maybe he will go to Liverpool but as is usually the case, facts and figures are just pulled out of the air. Why would Spuds not pay anymore than £17.5k? Why would Liverpool pay him 5 x that? I don't believe a word of it.

That just tells me don't believe the press's figures.

The agent has said that Spurs offered little more than what he is on at Bologna. What else can you say to that? How much do you think Bologna ae paying him.

Btw, when Bale went to Spurs he was initially on something like £18k.

West Ham having marginally less "luck" with bringing in new players than us then....

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Spoke to Big Sam about transfer targets and he admitted West Ham had failed with 95% of their targets and he is trying to get 2 or 3 more in

Didn't realise he was a striker, thought he was more of a midfielder from what I saw of him in the Olympics.

He's a player versatile to play along the front 3 - Striker, left mid, AMC or Right. So absolutely perfect for the formation NA wants to play, so in that sense it's a no brainer. We want a statement signing though, Cortese wants ''sexy'' apparently. I would be absolutely staggered if we managed to sign this kid though, we're talking around 15/16 million and 50k+ p/w.......I cannot see him being offered that much by us.

I just hope we're not wasting our time and there is actual intent to make this happen.

I'm surprised more teams haven't tried raping Malaga of their assets. The Daily Star linked Man Utd to a couple of their players yesterday, Eliseu and Monreal. Both are left sided defenders but I've been doing a bit of reading and Eliseu, while 28, is an attacking left back that can play left wing too. That seems like the sort of player we've been after. (See Buttner.) We've already nicked one Man Utd target this summer (however true that may be), so if we're linking ourselves with impressive targets like Ramirez, should we have a pop at Eliseu? TransferMarkt.co.uk has his value at £3.5 million. Not bad. Wages would be the only issue with this...

Not from TUI, something I have been told in person, and it doesnt matter who it is, I hear plenty of crap from places but trust this enough to stick it on here.

Believe it if you want, dont if you dont.

It may be nothing anyway, just thought you may be interested, plus good to hear rumblings again, been v quiet.

I have a gut feeling we will see a player in by Thursday.

I also currently have the ****s.

If we sign a decent centre back by Friday, my league prediction for the season will go from 19th to 17th. If we sign a centre back and a winger, my prediction will rise again to 14th. If we sign two CB's, a GK, a RM and a LB, I'll spunk in my pants. (And my predo will go up to 8th.)

If we don't sign anyone? I just hope we surprise a few teams with our fight and determination.

Not from TUI, something I have been told in person, and it doesnt matter who it is, I hear plenty of crap from places but trust this enough to stick it on here.

Believe it if you want, dont if you dont.

It may be nothing anyway, just thought you may be interested, plus good to hear rumblings again, been v quiet.

Did they mention a player or just that something is happening?

No not player wise, he doesnt know anything about it much, which is why I am taking it with a pinch of salt.

Trust me even the players dont get told incoming until they arrive.

I really hope you are right. Lots of my very positive friends reckon we will probably get relegated now so I'm not the only one! Really really need some signings...

Rumour is something is happening over next 24 hoursish, know no more than this, nor do I massively trust it.

But

First real rumours from credible(ish) sources I have heard in a while.

NA said he wants two in by the Citeh game, so clearly it’s the next 48 hours or nothing. Hopefully it happens.

I really hope you are right. Lots of my very positive friends reckon we will probably get relegated now so I'm not the only one! Really really need some signings...

Not gonna lie, even with my positivity (which we have clashed over before) Im not entirely convinced by our credentials so far, the signings we have made are V good, but do they have the experience for a fight ?

A couple more signings will help, and yeah I think we will sign.

Im just getting twitchy

Not gonna lie, even with my positivity (which we have clashed over before) Im not entirely convinced by our credentials so far, the signings we have made are V good, but do they have the experience for a fight ?

A couple more signings will help, and yeah I think we will sign.

Im just getting twitchy

My real worry is having a rubbish start to the season that could prove costly come the end of the season. Even getting a CB in now will harm our early season chances as he settles in and gets an understanding with the players around him.

Heard #saintsfc are announcing the signings of Gaston Ramirez, Carlos Fierro and Yohan Benalouane tomorrow. Anymore for anymore?

Dan Tiller ‏@realdantiller Probably shouldn't say this but #SaintsFC have press conference scheduled tomorrow to reveal signing of Carlos Fierro.

Ade McKenzie ‏@AdeMcKenzie So, apparently a 'unexpected' signing is due at St. Mary's tomorrow. Good news if true but VERY sceptical.

Heard #saintsfc are announcing the signings of Gaston Ramirez, Carlos Fierro and Yohan Benalouane tomorrow. Anymore for anymore?

Dan Tiller ‏@realdantiller Probably shouldn't say this but #SaintsFC have press conference scheduled tomorrow to reveal signing of Carlos Fierro.

Ade McKenzie ‏@AdeMcKenzie So, apparently a 'unexpected' signing is due at St. Mary's tomorrow. Good news if true but VERY sceptical.

Looks bloody good to me

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=carlos%20fierro&source=web&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CJMBELcCMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DaRDWnjVh73o&ei=G6oqUIKDDaTX0QXsjYDoBg&usg=AFQjCNH1Rb1w1ymCdZD-BlvhhVka8OQ7Tw

Seriously though, never heard of any of these, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Well, the young Mexican kid is seen as a ''young'' hernandez, who is young anyway! He's only 17 or 18 I think, very young.

Don't know that much more about him, but Arsenal tried to sign him last January.

Ramierz is a signing that just won't happen, one of the top Uruguayan talents and wants big bucks. Inter, AC, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool have all been registered with an interest at some point. Plays anywhere in the front line, very quick and skillful. Likened to the same style of player as Kaka.

Edited by S-Clarke

These twitter rumours are probably less reliable than the Football Rumours website (or they come from there)...

TBF you can't help but sit up and take notice at the twitter feed of a top Italian football reporter (Verified). He even says Cortese is meeting with Rameriez's agent and representatives. There's genuine interest by the looks of it, but I just feel we're wasting our time.