Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

We have entered the best football league in the world. We need world class players. Too many supporters don't realise just how tough the Premier League is, just how much a team has to be ready for every scenario, cover for injury after injury. There will be no excuses. We have to be prepared. This is why so many have Saints done for relegation strugglers Without the class cover in all positions we will and the clock is ticking towards the kick off, the closure of the transfer window. Our biggst enemies will be injuries, players involved in international games, and incapacity to change our formation and play.

World class players will not sign for a newly promoted provincial team, doesn't matter how ambitious and wealthy that club is.

Ji Sung Park has got a champions league winners medal, 4 title medals and 100 international caps.

This is true and he's a quality player but world class? He also didn't join them last season, when they were newly promoted. I would suggest, if we stay up this season our choice of player will be much bigger.

For a few weeks I'll a hunch that future signings hinge on Celtic failing to qualify for the Champions League. Whether this happenings before the current Transfer Window shuts leaves me uneasy if this is the case. It's kind of like putting all one's eggs into the same basket. Definitely for me, Celtic very much features in Adkins aspirations for the coming season. Just hope we don't need to wait till th January Transfer Window

The question to which you gave the answer "QPR", was about provincial clubs with world class players. QPR are one of the last clubs you could possibly call "provincial". They are close to the richest part of the nations capital city. Not in any way provincial.

What does the P in QPR stand for?

The question to which you gave the answer "QPR", was about provincial clubs with world class players. QPR are one of the last clubs you could possibly call "provincial". They are close to the richest part of the nations capital city. Not in any way provincial.

Nor are Brentford, AFC Wimbledon, Dagenham, Leyton Orient, Barnet- are you saying that if they bought world class players, you wouldnt be surprised as they aren't provincial? You're the one who was arguing that QPR couldnt fill it's 18,000 stadium a few weeks ago, surely a better proxy of its stature and punching power in the transfer market which I guess is what you're tying yourself in knots over.

£6m is a tad too much for Phillips, but it's the going rate for English players. I think he's class though, another potential international.

I actually doubt it's £6m, probably a £6m package with something like 2-5m-3m up front and the rest on apps, survival, internationals etc.

£6m is a tad too much for Phillips, but it's the going rate for English players. I think he's class though, another potential international.I actually doubt it's £6m, probably a £6m package with something like 2-5m-3m up front and the rest on apps, survival, internationals etc.
Which wouldn't be so bad. I still think 6 million would be too much for someone that is still mostly potential. I really want a CB though...

Good point' date=' let's hope so. You'd imagine we're aware that Phillips would come to us and what his wage demands would be too.[/quote']

Found it quite interesting that NA actually stated our interest on Saturday, he doesn't usually do that. So there's obviously been real intent from our side to sort it.

I guess that's what Blackpool didn't like, we may have sounded out his agent with regards to what his wage demands would be before submitting a bid.