Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Maybe - Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik ?

I don't think Nixon has mentioned him before but we have been linked in some places, but he'd be a coup. Being tracked by a host of top clubs all over europe, very good CB.

Could be. Whoever Nixon is on about he seems to think it will be a big signing if it comes off:

@reluctantnicko @Jayrodfan2 Sunday People. A new name. Been in. Ambitious. Thought chance was slim. But maybe not.

@reluctantnicko @Jayrodfan2 No clues. No guesses. Too important a potential tale.

All they are telling me is.....

" rumours said we were after him but club said no next we bought him"

I said Dann straight away, no reply as yet.

When asked about Dann didn't Adkins say "right position not nessasairly right name"?

Have it on good authority that we have signed someone today, to be announced tomorrow, for "millions" as yet have no idea of who or what position. Will keep digging.

You do know your mongboard ITK credibility hangs on this don't you?

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/ramirez-il-southampton-si-avvicina/

Basically, it says we've agreed a €20M fee with Bologna for Gaston Ramirez

bit of a basic translation, but you get the jist of it:

Ramirez, Southampton approaches

Article published Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 23:17 - Bologna, Football, Premier League.

Southampton and Gaston Ramirez were near. Closer and closer. The British company wants to make a major investment. And with Bologna, there is agreement on a valuation of nearly 20 million, including bonuses. Figures important, that can push the closure. The parties are closer, and you can dramatically close to Ramirez in the coming hours. We must define the first official proposal but also with Bologna, waiting for news. The Southampton has offered Ramirez a major contract. And these developments will come hours ...

About Gianluca Di Marzio

Gianluca Di Marzio

Journalist and commentator for Sky Sports, Football expert. Son of art, his father John was a famous football coach. He began his career with the issuer Telenuovo of Padua. In 2004 he moved to Sky where she worked as a television commentator the double promotion of Naples, from the series A to C, and the 2006 World Cup in Germany. With Alessandro Bonan is the star of the show "E '(always) League", dedicated to deepening sports transfers. Married to Anna Maria has a degree in Law. Testimonial Foundation Bailey, alongside her friend Stephen, collects funds with the charity auction to support ALS research.

Who knows. Would be a huge sign of intent but it's what you need in the PL. One or 2 game changing players can be worth so much more than the actually transfer & wage cost (although footballers are paid way too much).

It all happens on a Friday. Could this be the Cortese connection in Italy working again, quality going up with each promotion. I hope so. Ramirez would be a brilliant signing but I would also be happy with Phillips or Lens but Ramirez far more expensive but quality & to beat off Liverpool & Spurs would be a good way to wildly swing open the door to loudly announce, we are back!!