Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Dalek is repeatedly telling this forum 4 + 4 = 9

Some people can't resist posting long winded explanations as to why 4 + 4 = 8

This is the bit some people just can't seem to grasp; It doesn't matter how right you are and how wrong he is. YOU ARE NOT WINNING He knows the answer is 8, he doesn't care. His life appears to be based largely around having utterly pointless and completely wrong arguments on the internet. It's quite tragic if I'm being brutally honnest.

Please for your own sanity add him to your ignore list and don't indulge his tedious nonsense.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Why ? Turkish may have a point that you find uncomfortable, but that does not make him a troll. I'll tell you what, consensus could kill this site, something I would be saddened about in the 10 years I've been part of it.

one of the biggest problems with this site is that anyone who does not toe the party line is accused of trolling.

This is the second thread that is showing me you just don't watch that much football. Blackburn fans have wanted shot for the last 2 years. He is one of the most over-rated players, and has been for a couple of years. Yes, 2005 - 2007 he was decent, but please don't judge him on that. He is utterly toilet and has been shot for a few years now.

I watch alot of football thank you very much, and going by these threads I have a hell of alot more perspective than you do about the sport.

What's happened at Blackburn in the last 2 years? Exactly. Who has been managing the team? Exactly.

Put him in a decent team with a coach that knows what he's doing and he'd do a job in the PL.

I agree clarke-e

Loom at delap, a laughing stock at SMS when we got relegated. Turned out alright in the prem whilst we went down to division 3

Absolutely. Good players often get sunk into the marsh that becomes a club on the decline, and the fans then look at them and say ''Hey, you used to be decent, we know you're good, so play" etc. So he's number 1 target for abuse straight away, so the reactions from the fans at that club are clearly going to be massively negative.

But what sort of club has Blackburn been to play for in the last 2 seasons? A laughing stock with their Indian advert, owners that haven't' got a scooby about football, fans trying to invade the pitch to protest, abuse and violence directed to their (clueless) manager.

Name me a player that could thrive in that environment.

You were right about Delap, in his first season he wasn't bad for us - steady, did a job, but when the managerial merry go round started any form of coaching went out of the window and he sunk into the marsh we had become.

To write a player like Pedderson off is silly.

I watch alot of football thank you very much, and going by these threads I have a hell of alot more perspective than you do about the sport.

What's happened at Blackburn in the last 2 years? Exactly. Who has been managing the team? Exactly.

Put him in a decent team with a coach that knows what he's doing and he'd do a job in the PL.

Please stop. You may have more perspective, but you don't know football if you think he could still do a job. Seriously, he's awful, was poor for 2 seasons before Kean arrived. Yakubu did alright under Kean, as did Hoillett and N'Zonzi. Blackburns difficulties were in defence, they went something like 21 games without keeping a clean sheet. Attacking was not where they had trouble, they scored more goals last season than Liverpool and were the joint 9th top scorers. Yet Pederson continued to be very, very poor.

Pedersen and Dann, no thanks.

Savory wrote:

Rovers 1st half: S Dann, M Anderson;

Rovers 2nd half: M G Pedersen ©, R Petrovic

"There's the problem, 2 **** defenders in the first half, 2 **** midfielders in the 2 second"

Absolutely. Good players often get sunk into the marsh that becomes a club on the decline, and the fans then look at them and say ''Hey, you used to be decent, we know you're good, so play" etc. So he's number 1 target for abuse straight away, so the reactions from the fans at that club are clearly going to be massively negative.

But what sort of club has Blackburn been to play for in the last 2 seasons? A laughing stock with their Indian advert, owners that haven't' got a scooby about football, fans trying to invade the pitch to protest, abuse and violence directed to their (clueless) manager.

You were right about Delap, in his first season he wasn't bad for us - steady, did a job, but when the managerial merry go round started any form of coaching went out of the window and he sunk into the marsh we had become.

Hoillett, N'Zonzi, Yakubu for 3.

I know there is a consortium who have enquired about the club. I know because the ex player who told me has been asked by the consortium to have a role if it ever comes to fruition *ducks for cover.

You're funny, I'll give you that.

I know there is a consortium who have enquired about the club. I know because the ex player who told me has been asked by the consortium to have a role if it ever comes to fruition *ducks for cover.

If it's who I think it is, then they have an agenda and I'd ignore anything they say.

"I'd have Fred West in midfield if it guaranteed Pedersen never played for us again"

"He's too sulky and inconsistant like Pedersen, people actually rate him and would pay that to get him."

"If he was to stay here and be our top player then i could easily understand him earning 40-50K when the likes of Pedersen earn 35K"

"- Who you would point out as the players to watch this season

Pedersen. He's ****e."

"Why is nobody simple enough to buy Pedersen??

After all we flogged Kuqi and Jeffers"

Don't worry, looks like S-Clarke is.

If it's who I think it is, then they have an agenda and I'd ignore anything they say.

Probably not. It's not MLT and nah they don't have an agenda that I know of. They have been offered other jobs but have decided to hold off for a bit to see if this comes to anything.

According to Alan Nixon' date=' our "main man" has been away. Might explain the current lack of activity. [Ducks & covers whilst all the 'what the f**k is Cortese doing away at this key point of pre season' posts fly around...']

NC is on holiday for a fortnight or so, that I can confirm. Does not mean there will be no transfers but obviously with the main man not being at the coal face things are less likely to take place.

That's ridiculous. Why would he do that?

This can't be true can it? Crazy IMO.

At what point should he take his family summer holiday? His kids are on holiday from school, the season hasn't started and Saints have 4 new players already. Plus in any case, transfers can still be done without him in the country.

Edited by Matthew Le God

NC is on holiday for a fortnight or so, that I can confirm. Does not mean there will be no transfers but obviously with the main man not being at the coal face things are less likely to take place.

This can't be true can it? Crazy IMO.

At what point should he take his family summer holiday? His kids are on holiday from school, the season hasn't started and Saints have 4 new players already. Plus in any case, transfers can still be done without him in the country.

LR negotiates contracts with players and agents. im sure NC takes calls to discuss details

Even if NC is available whilst on holiday, why on earth would you go on holiday now? Especially as he's often cited on here as a control freak. Doesn't make sense.

It seems to be the time he annually goes, as he went around the same period last year. He doesn't strike me as the sort of guy that'll change anything that'll make him worse off!

Even if NC is available whilst on holiday, why on earth would you go on holiday now? Especially as he's often cited on here as a control freak. Doesn't make sense.

As I said earlier...

As I said earlier...

Look, however you put it, the CEO of a company going away on holiday during a time when demand for you is at it's peak doesn't look good. You have to at least think about perception FFS!

Isn't Les Reed supposed to be the DOF as well? Surely one of the main responsibilities of his would be compiling lists of targets and offering footballing advice to NC? Isn't there some other bloke who was spoken about after we signed Clyne who's heavily involved in transfers? Matt something? (Not MLG before some wise-arse says that!)

NC doesn't have to be there every step of the way, if he feels that the club can still compete in the transfer market without him there then fair play to him. He's not gone to f*cking Mars, i'm sure the bloke has a mobile phone if he's needed.

Isn't Les Reed supposed to be the DOF as well? Surely one of the main responsibilities of his would be compiling lists of targets and offering footballing advice to NC? Isn't there some other bloke who was spoken about after we signed Clyne who's heavily involved in transfers? Matt something? (Not MLG before some wise-arse says that!)

NC doesn't have to be there every step of the way, if he feels that the club can still compete in the transfer market without him there then fair play to him. He's not gone to f*cking Mars, i'm sure the bloke has a mobile phone if he's needed.

There's a transfer committee, which includes Reed, Cortese, Adkins and the head recruitment scout (whose name escapes me).

Paul Mitchell - Head of Talent Identification.

He is heavily involved in transfers also, and may be the man you are thinking of. Nigel has referred to him in interviews before, and he goes on scouting trips, sometimes accompanying Nigel.

Most schools broke up two and a half weeks ago.

I know we live in a digital age with smartphones etc., but I doubt Cortese would sanction any deal to sign a player without being in the country to approve the terms and necessary paperwork etc.

Most schools broke up two and a half weeks ago.

I know we live in a digital age with smartphones etc., but I doubt Cortese would sanction any deal to sign a player without being in the country to approve the terms and necessary paperwork etc.

The evidence (no signings) would suggest this is the case. Very disappointing if this is true.

The evidence (no signings) would suggest this is the case. Very disappointing if this is true.

Err, hang on...the evidence = no signings? I may have missed something, but I was under the impression we'd signed 4 players to date with every indication from the management team that we could sign more. So how that's a disappointment to you is truly mystifying to be honest, even if it's true that Cortese wouldn't sanction players remotely.

Err, hang on...the evidence = no signings? I may have missed something, but I was under the impression we'd signed 4 players to date with every indication from the management team that we could sign more. So how that's a disappointment to you is truly mystifying to be honest, even if it's true that Cortese wouldn't sanction players remotely.

I meant no signings in the period that Cortese has been away. I would have thought that was obvious...

No one really knows if him being away is impactful or not but it still seems odd. Are many chairmen on holiday now?

Everyone on here will think it's fine, but I really don't think Cortese should be going away at this time of year. Our club deserves more respect than that.

Everyone on here will think it's fine, but I really don't think Cortese should be going away at this time of year. Our club deserves more respect than that.

Would you rather he went at the end of August? ...

Cortese shouldn't have a holiday, and during the summer holidays its completely disrespectful, with this and only four signings? Get Cortese out. Complete lack of ambition, I defiantly feel the signs of a consortium taking over this Friday.

Cortese shouldn't have a holiday, and during the summer holidays its completely disrespectful, with this and only four signings? Get Cortese out. Complete lack of ambition, I defiantly feel the signs of a consortium taking over this Friday.

Pathetic but unsurprising from you.