Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I gaurantee that nearly everyone of our signings over the last few years have been mentioned on football rumours at some stage before it actually happened.

You just have to waddle through all the **** before you see anything realistic. No harm in discussing rumours from there if people want to. This is the HCDAFU thread after all.

I gaurantee that nearly everyone of our signings over the last few years have been mentioned on football rumours at some stage before it actually happened.

You just have to waddle through all the **** before you see anything realistic. No harm in discussing rumours from there if people want to. This is the HCDAFU thread after all.

Incorrect.

I see Chaplow is reported to have turned down a move to Palace to "fight for a place" in Saints team - perhaps moving some fringe players on is dependant on us signing any more players? It is probably this exact sort of issue that is keeping the transfer activity across the leagues quiet. It's tough times financially and no-one wants to be the risk taker when it comes to money. I don't think we'll see any movement on the transfer front until very near the end of the window (whenever that is).

I see Chaplow is reported to have turned down a move to Palace to "fight for a place" in Saints team - perhaps moving some fringe players on is dependant on us signing any more players? It is probably this exact sort of issue that is keeping the transfer activity across the leagues quiet. It's tough times financially and no-one wants to be the risk taker when it comes to money. I don't think we'll see any movement on the transfer front until very near the end of the window (whenever that is).

Well done, you managed to repeat the article above.

No. Position Player

2 DF Jesús Gámez (captain)

3 DF Weligton (vice-captain)

5 DF Martín Demichelis

6 MF Ignacio Camacho

7 MF Joaquín Sánchez

8 MF Jérémy Toulalan

11 FW Sebastián Fernández

12 MF Santi Cazorla

13 GK Willy Caballero

14 DF Joris Mathijsen

15 DF Nacho Monreal

16 MF Enzo Maresca

17 MF Duda (vice-captain)

18 MF Eliseu

19 MF Júlio Baptista

20 MF Diego Buonanotte

21 DF Sergio Sánchez

22 MF Isco Alarcón

23 FW Salomón Rondón

25 GK Carlos Kameni

Must be one or two in there ?

Hope some quality signings are on the horizon soon as imo we have easily the weekest squad in the premiership at the moment. We assume that we are still trying to get 3 or 4 players in but it is worrying that we haven't managed to get at least 1 cb in yet.

But Reading, Norwich, Swansea, West Ham, Wigan even Sunderland really don't look much good at the moment. Hardly think its time to wet the bed saying we have the weakest squad in the prem. We could do with a CB, a LB and a RM but there's still 2 weeks before we kick off the season and 30 days before the transfer window shuts so no need to get too worried.

No. Position Player

2 DF Jesús Gámez (captain)

3 DF Weligton (vice-captain)

5 DF Martín Demichelis

6 MF Ignacio Camacho

7 MF Joaquín Sánchez

8 MF Jérémy Toulalan

11 FW Sebastián Fernández

12 MF Santi Cazorla

13 GK Willy Caballero

14 DF Joris Mathijsen

15 DF Nacho Monreal

16 MF Enzo Maresca

17 MF Duda (vice-captain)

18 MF Eliseu

19 MF Júlio Baptista

20 MF Diego Buonanotte

21 DF Sergio Sánchez

22 MF Isco Alarcón

23 FW Salomón Rondón

25 GK Carlos Kameni

Must be one or two in there ?

All of those would walk into our team

He was the first one who jumped out at me. CB and dutch.

Its more the Dutch market than Dutch players that we seem to be looking at.

In any case, not sure there is a great amount of value in looking at one team's squad list, especially Malaga. Ask yourself how they attracted all those players there?

Press conference tonight? Or just a Jordon Sibley wind up? We shall see

???

Can't see anything he's said about a press conf.

and if it is a press call, I'd imagine it's for the Bristol City game on Saturday.

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

Saints Player interviews, press conferences and quotes from Nigel Adkins & José Fonte will be on the new-look http://www.saintsfc.co.uk tonight.

Likely to be the usual Thursday pre-match interviews Saints have on Saints Player before every Saturday game. A little chat of what they've done this week, build up to the Wolves game on Saturday and skirting round transfer news.

Southampton FC ‏@officialsaints

Saints Player interviews, press conferences and quotes from Nigel Adkins & José Fonte will be on the new-look http://www.saintsfc.co.uk tonight.

Likely to be the usual Thursday pre-match interviews Saints have on Saints Player before every Saturday game. A little chat of what they've done this week, build up to the Wolves game on Saturday and skirting round transfer news.

You don't need to wait for it to know the content

''Fantastic weeks training, we're in a good place. Good bunch of professionals''

''Bristol City will be a good test for us, will be looking to give players a bit longer in terms of building up fitness''

''We're working hard behind the scenes to bring in new additions, we do it sensibly behind the scenes and only comment when it's done''

End conference. ;)

''Fantastic weeks training, we're in a good place. Good bunch of professionals''

''Bristol City will be a good test for us, will be looking to give players a bit longer in terms of building up fitness''

''We're working hard behind the scenes to bring in new additions, we do it sensibly behind the scenes and only comment when it's done''

End conference. ;)

That sounds about right! :D

Can't see anything he's said about a press conf.

and if it is a press call, I'd imagine it's for the Bristol City game on Saturday.

Saints play Wolves at St Mary's on Saturday, Bristol City away is next Tuesday.

You guys are probably right but I am going to punt its Buttner and Davies

Davies? Do you mean the new GK that was on trial with the development squad?

And it won't be buttner, that's dead and has been so for weeks. I'm sure of it. (hope I'm proved wrong, but can't see it happening now.)

You'd need to be a season ticket holder attending b team games to know about all those players listed. I'm willing to bet many of them wouldn't walk into our team. Bigger teams than Malaga have reserves we might not want. I'm not that keen for Saints to sign Bebe or Carl Jenkinson for instance.

Most of them are current international players, who've just qualified for the champions league in one of the best leagues in the world. It's like you turning round and saying most of the Arsenal or Spurs team wouldn't walk into our squad. Ludicrous

As the start of the season gets closer I look forward to a few games where we can grab points off our fellow strugglers. What worries me are the bed wetters and drama queens that will call for the managers head just because we are firmly anchored in the bottom three.

We need to remember, that we are building the club for the future and that the possibility of relegation is part of the 'yoyo' strategy that we are adopting. WBA fans took a very pragmatic view after adopting the same strategy but it did work.

Can't believe it's been so quiet. Can't work out if that's a good thing or a bad one' date=' given our wish to always do business quietly.[/quote']

Well seeing as all of our signings have been in the papers for ages beforehand, I'm not sure how much of a great thing it is. I really hope we get a defender in soon.

It is worrying that we don't seem any closer to bringing anyone in. We definitely need strengthening at CB before the first game and probably another just to add depth, the thought of us having a few injuries and Seaborne being sent out to defend against PL opposition is frightening.

End conference. ;)

Hmmm, nothing on Player yet....

Adkins press conference quotes

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/gaffer-targets-another-step-up-289415.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

“I’ve highlighted that we still intend to bring players in,” Nigel added.

“We believe that we’ve got a strong group of players and we’re trying to enhance that. The attitude of the players has been exemplary, they all want to be a part of it and if we can keep on improving on what we did last season then we give ourselves an opportunity.

“There’s nothing that I can report of anyone putting pen to paper yet though, so on that note we’ll just have to move on and keep working very hard.”

Seemed a proper conference with more media outlets?

Anyway Adkins was asked direct if we're going back with a bid for Lens and also about Scott Dann. He said he couldn't say anything as usual, but said you're right with those two positions, but maybe not the names...