Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

In the extended press conference interview, when asked about Lens and Dann, he refused to comment on the names but underlined strongly that the positions are correct. In short, he wants to bring in a CB which we knew and definately another winger if possible.

Beat me to it!!!

Barnard, Forte, Dickson all leaving. He said he has been fair to them and told them early they would need to move on and he has no complaints with their effort etc and expects them to get moves as they are good players.

On incoming transfers he said there will definitely be additions, still wants CB (or two) and wide player, but when asked about Lens and Dann said right position(s), not necessarily right names.

Said we need to have competition and CB certainly an area where we need that but won't panic buy.

Asked about the young keeper Davies and hinted strongly that we need and will get a keeper for the Dev squad.

As the start of the season gets closer I look forward to a few games where we can grab points off our fellow strugglers. What worries me are the bed wetters and drama queens that will call for the managers head just because we are firmly anchored in the bottom three.

We need to remember, that we are building the club for the future and that the possibility of relegation is part of the 'yoyo' strategy that we are adopting. WBA fans took a very pragmatic view after adopting the same strategy but it did work.

Must try harder....

D

Don't we have our own players for the development squad? We're only signing a goalkeeper to make up the numbers.

We have a shortage of strikers. Hoskins will go out on loan and Sinclair is the only other one. If we signed Slew for example he would be one of our own players, just recruited in a different way. You need to add at all levels. Of the great youth team of Walcot, Dyer, Best, Blackstock etc quite a few of those were signed from other tems for decent fees.

The Dev Squad players will improve playing with better players and be more likely to do well in the competitions which in turn prepares the players for big games and might help attract more good young players to the club.

Christophe Berra is apparently available. Wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. He's still got his best years ahead of him (27 years old atm) and with only a year left on his contract he shouldn't be too expensive.

he is awful, same as the rest of the wolves defence. all of them were error prone last season. no thanks, can do much better than him.

And Blackburn have made a move for Jordan Rhodes.

They'll be lucky. Huddersfield are refusing to sell but I get the feeling if he were to leave, it'd take a relatively big bid from a Premier League club. I wouldn't be surprised to see him still at Huddersfield on September 1st.

Christophe Berra is apparently available. Wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. He's still got his best years ahead of him (27 years old atm) and with only a year left on his contract he shouldn't be too expensive.

I seem to recollect that Wolves finished bottom in the PL last season and had the worst defence, and every game they played that I saw, their defence looked an absolute shambles.

Oh that logic, I hope we don't sign Berra. We should aim for better.

People taking the same attitude with Berra as they are with Scott Dann - just because they got relegated, this means they must be shi*t? Ok, they were part of a relegated team with a poor defensive record but there are others in the back line.

Maybe, just maybe, the whole team might be to blame, not the one person?

I think as a squad addition, he'd be a decent signing but as SNSUN said, we'd need at least 1 to come in to replace Fonte. That'd leave Hooiveld and NEW CB as first choice pairing, Fonte and Berra as backup and Seaborne out on loan. Would be good enough for the first season at least IMO.

I seem to recollect that Wolves finished bottom in the PL last season and had the worst defence, and every game they played that I saw, their defence looked an absolute shambles.

Oh that logic, I hope we don't sign Berra. We should aim for better.

Blackburns sefence was utterly awful as well, yet people want Dann and Olsson...

People taking the same attitude with Berra as they are with Scott Dann - just because they got relegated, this means they must be shi*t? Ok, they were part of a relegated team with a poor defensive record but there are others in the back line.

I think as a squad addition, he'd be a decent signing but as SNSUN said, we'd need at least 1 to come in to replace Fonte. That'd leave Hooiveld and NEW CB as first choice pairing, Fonte and Berra as backup and Seaborne out on loan. Would be good enough for the first season at least IMO.

He has been **** for ages, Dann looked very good for a couple of seasons.

Berra never has.

To be fair, I think the attitude is not about their defences poor performance, it's about those players being sh!t.

Mathijsen is awful, he was decent 4 years ago but he's slow now and doesn't like to play with a lot of space behind the defense anymore. Doesn't suit our style at all.

I've always considered Berra to be a decent player playing in a team that has left their defense exposed often. I think he'd fit in very well in our system just like Hooiveld does.

Saints linked to Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez in the Italian press. He plays for Uruguay and is rated about 15m with Liverpool interested.

Seems unlikley but was in Corriere dello Sport.

I must admit I've never heard of him. Do you know anything about him?

Saints linked to Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez in the Italian press. He plays for Uruguay and is rated about 15m with Liverpool interested.

Seems unlikley but was in Corriere dello Sport.

They're probably only want £15m because it's Liverpool asking. Any other club and they'd probably say £5m, not that I know anything about him.

I only watched a couple of mins of that but £15m seems a lot.

It's 15m euro's, and apparently he will sign for L'Pool over the weekend. Out of our league anyway.

He was one of the few decent players in the GB game the other night, he was the one that smashed that rocket against the bar from 30 yards.

He scored a free kick against the UAE in the Olympics. He looked OK in a poor Uruguay side and I'd be surprised if we could sign him. Forward-minded midfielder.

On twitter Nixon has responded to someone pretty much saying ''Don't rule it out, NC wants a sexy signing''