Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Peopel aren't 'wound up'. In fact it seems it's those complaining like yourself that are getting more wound up. The question is pertinent.

We need 2 CB's and a RW. This has been identified by NA. We are wondering if NC going on holiday for 14 days, 11 days before our first game, will restrict or perhaps harm our chances to sign these players before the City game, and ultimately before the end of the transfer window. Is it unreasonable to ask this?

Apparently so and apparently you are mentally ill if you question it?!

All I sm saying is when I used to frequent this place I used to be one of the positive ones, I slso got my fair share of abuse because of this.

But

I am slightly worried about our situation, one that is of MASSIVE significance as its our first season back in the prem, IMO we still are players short, and even the players we have signed although I am v v impressed with are they definately of the calibre to keep us in the prem ? Young and hungry yes, but do they have the experience for a battle ?

As per cortese, yeah, ok, he is entitled to a holiday yes, but we are still players short, and time is running out, in the most important point probably since he first arrived at St Marys. To those that said the transfer scene is slow are talking toss aswell, just look at how the top 4-5 bar City have bought.

And Hypo I agreed with you

All I sm saying is when I used to frequent this place I used to be one of the positive ones, I slso got my fair share of abuse because of this.

But

I am slightly worried about our situation, one that is of MASSIVE significance as its our first season back in the prem, IMO we still are players short, and even the players we have signed although I am v v impressed with are they definately of the calibre to keep us in the prem ? Young and hungry yes, but do they have the experience for a battle ?

As per cortese, yeah, ok, he is entitled to a holiday yes, but we are still players short, and time is running out, in the most important point probably since he first arrived at St Marys. To those that said the transfer scene is slow are talking toss aswell, just look at how the top 4-5 bar City have bought.

And Hypo I agreed with you

Thank you smirking. For once (ever) I actually agree with you.

So as part of my job I work with Italians and ever year 2-3 weeks in August is no business time as they all take yearly holiday, this includes my senior PMs. Before I'm lambasted this is my experience of working with Italians and is in line with what ive seen with NC

How can Fletcher be worth £12m? Shows how hard it must be to sign players for sensible amounts.

Very good point. Ludicrous money for him.

- 25 years old

- British

- Striker

Last two seasons...

- 2011/12 - 12 Premier League goals in 32 league games for a relegated club

- 2010/11 - 10 Premier League goals in 29 league games for a nearly relegated club

It might seem a lot, but given all of the above it is probably the going rate for such a player.

- 25 years old

- British

- Striker

Last two seasons...

- 2011/12 - 12 Premier League goals in 32 league games for a relegated club

- 2010/11 - 10 Premier League goals in 29 league games for a nearly relegated club

It might seem a lot, but given all of the above it is probably the going rate for such a player.

Just shows the madness of buying British at times.

Type "Nottingham Forest Billy Sharp" into Google. They made a player profile page for him which now is blank? Weird.

They are apparently after him on loan

Yes, let's loan out the only striker scoring regularly in pre season. That said, Nigel's new formation looks like there will be plenty of bench time for Billy if he can't get in ahead of Rickie so stranger things have happened. Crazy if we do, IMO.

Yes' date=' let's loan out the only striker scoring regularly in pre season. That said, Nigel's new formation looks like there will be plenty of bench time for Billy if he can't get in ahead of Rickie so stranger things have happened. Crazy if we do, IMO.[/quote']

There have been stories of these blank profiles before and its some sort of glitch where all the teams use the same web provider. If they give us 4m then they can have him but doubt theres anything in this...afterall NC is on holiday!

There's nowt coming that soon, or nowt of decent quality.

Predicatable from you. Very clever.

Saw on another thread you suggested we should be signing the likes of Kightley instead of Stoke, yet you say the players we have brought in are not of the required quality. I would say they are all on a par with or better than Kightley myself.

Maybe just calm down, chill out and wait and see what our squad is like at the end of the window.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Predicatable from you. Very clever.

Saw on another thread you suggested we should be signing the likes of Kightley instead of Stoke, yet you say the players we have brought in are not of the required quality. I would say they are all on a par with or better than Kightley myself.

Maybe just calm down, chill out and wait and see what our squad is like at the end of the window.

Point A: End of the window is too late for bedding 2 CB's into the team.

Point B: Kightly's a very decent player, good quality and Prem experience. I would say Clyne has the potential, but none have the current ability. The only question mark for Kightly is fitness.

Point A: End of the window is too late for bedding 2 CB's into the team.

Point B: Kightly's a very decent player, good quality and Prem experience. I would say Clyne has the potential, but none have the current ability. The only question mark for Kightly is fitness.

Point A I agree, but thats how it is. Most teams havent done a lot of business yet. If the siutation is get a 6/10 player in June or an 8/10 at end of August I would go for the 8/10 player.

You will say that Reading have done great business, but then Mariappa, McCleary, Gunter all fit into your category from Point B - they dont have the "current ability". If we had signed those 3 players everyone would be underwhelmed but because Reading signed them they become "great business".

On Point B - Kightly has played the vast majority of his career in the Championship and was loaned out there last season. He has a huge question mark about his quality to play well at Prem level.

Clyne is clearly a great signing - Im not sure what kind of players you feel we realistically could have signed who are better than what we have brought in?

Before you say Hoillett - he is probably on plus 50k at QPR. Lets see some of these proven prem players, who fit our signing model who we could afford that are miles better than Jay Rod, Clyne and Steve Davis?

Maybe Suarez for Jay, Debuchy for Clyne and Cazorla for Davis?

Point A I agree, but thats how it is. Most teams havent done a lot of business yet. If the siutation is get a 6/10 player in June or an 8/10 at end of August I would go for the 8/10 player.

You will say that Reading have done great business, but then Mariappa, McCleary, Gunter all fit into your category from Point B - they dont have the "current ability". If we had signed those 3 players everyone would be underwhelmed but because Reading signed them they become "great business".

On Point B - Kightly has played the vast majority of his career in the Championship and was loaned out there last season. He has a huge question mark about his quality to play well at Prem level.

Clyne is clearly a great signing - Im not sure what kind of players you feel we realistically could have signed who are better than what we have brought in?

Before you say Hoillett - he is probably on plus 50k at QPR. Lets see some of these proven prem players, who fit our signing model who we could afford that are miles better than Jay Rod, Clyne and Steve Davis?

Maybe Suarez for Jay, Debuchy for Clyne and Cazorla for Davis?

Kyle Naughton

Michu

Patrick Van Aanholt

Maiga

Kightley

Geoff Cameron

Guthrie

Diame

N'Zonzi

Cuellar

Vlaar

Yobo

Weiss

Kuszsack

Forster

Snodgrass

MacGregor

Whittaker

Gordon

Rosenberg

Ramis

Kyle Naughton - On par with Clyne

Michu - Agree perhaps - need to see if he fits English footy

Patrick Van Aanholt - Is he any good? Struggled at Leicester

Maiga - Never seen him play

Kightley - As said - very unproven in prem

Geoff Cameron - Who knows - pretty sure you won't of seen him play much at all

Guthrie - No better than Morgan, Cork, Davis

Diame - As above - was on Wigans bench a lot

N'Zonzi - Decent player

Cuellar - Badly lost mobility hence Villa released him

Vlaar - Good suggestion

Yobo - Gone to Fenerbache on 50k plus a week

Weiss - Never settled anywhere, couldnt get in Rangers team

Kuszsack - Did you go to Watford?

Forster - Fair suggestion

Snodgrass - Fair suggestion - we are still to sign a player in that position so that will be a good comparison

MacGregor - Fair suggestion

Whittaker - Worse than Clyne

Gordon - Injury prone

Rosenberg - personally don't rate him

Ramis - Fair suggestion, interesting to see how he does

Wouldn't say many of those are any better than the players we have brought in. On the CBs and wingers wait and see what business we do.

of the RBs selected here Clyne is better than all of them IMO.