Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Piece in the Sunday People tomorrow about a potential signing written by Nixon.

He says he's not an exciting player and it's unlikely we'll get him but there is an interest.

A non-story if ever I've seen one.

all the talk of spending £20m+ seems way off the mark.....

I think by the time we have a couple more faces in it won't be far off £20m we've spent circa £12m already £6/7m on Jay Rod, £2.5m on Clyne, £2.5m on Gazzaniga and upto £500k on Davis, add to that a CB or 2 and poss a wide player we won't be far off £20m if not over. Maybe we'll hold funds back for January when we'll have a better idea of who is prem class and who is not, still wouldn't be surprised to see a loan or 2 either.

I think by the time we have a couple more faces in it won't be far off £20m we've spent circa £12m already £6/7m on Jay Rod, £2.5m on Clyne, £2.5m on Gazzaniga and upto £500k on Davis, add to that a CB or 2 and poss a wide player we won't be far off £20m if not over. Maybe we'll hold funds back for January when we'll have a better idea of who is prem class and who is not, still wouldn't be surprised to see a loan or 2 either.

Where did you get that from?

Judging by the way Gazziniga threw the ball straight to the Ajax forward, he wouldn't appear to be any better than Bart. I am disappointed that we havn't yet bought a safe pair of hands to provide backup for Kelvin. Fonte looked poor again and I cannot understand why we are leaving it so very late to buy a decent defender. Surely this would have been top of the shopping list right from the end of last season. I feel that the side needs more pace, particularly up front but also someone who can run with the ball from midfield.

Yeah i was right behind the Gazzanigga cos of his cool name but having seen him make a bad throw to an Ajax player we should definitely get rid!

Also, just so I'm onside with everyone else... is Fonte this year's "Guly"?

Judging by the way Gazziniga threw the ball straight to the Ajax forward, he wouldn't appear to be any better than Bart. I am disappointed that we havn't yet bought a safe pair of hands to provide backup for Kelvin. Fonte looked poor again and I cannot understand why we are leaving it so very late to buy a decent defender. Surely this would have been top of the shopping list right from the end of last season. I feel that the side needs more pace, particularly up front but also someone who can run with the ball from midfield.

you have to love SWF

Don't be such a pillock.

Idiot.

God you lot are so mean! You obviously missed it G-Nigga made a bad throw! A Bad Throw! It went to an Ajax players! It was just as bad as a dumb thing Bart would've done or whatever! We should've bought Butlands or Buffons!

we have been far more prudent this transfer window than I thought (so far)

to talk about european football and not back that up is slightly daft IMO

Cant understand why people are fretting about our signings. All have been excellent so far and Adkins on numerous occassions has said there will be more coming in. He even repeated that in the Channel 5 interview after the Ajax game.

It was a mis kick...proving many posters either do not go to games/watch Saints on tv..support Hockey or guessed:rolleyes:

Or a genuine mistake:blush: Or Specsavers;)

Or I should not have been sat on the Cross bar of Mark Cavendish all day:p

Edited by ottery st mary

I thought fonte had a good game minus error leading to goal. Him and jos were solid enough although it is obvious we need a centre back with more pace. I won't even comment on the bit about gazziniga lol

Do you want to think about this remark again? Are you seriously judging Gazznigas ability/potential on the basis of one bad throw?

Do you want to think about this remark again? Are you seriously judging Gazznigas ability/potential on the basis of one bad throw?

I felt that Gazziniga's performance overall was no better than Bart would have done. And yes, it was a bad kick rather than a throw. Thanks for pointing this out Ottery St Mary, you really are most observant. Funny, I didn't have you down as being one of the'groovy gang' on here. Kick or throw, it wasn't the smartest bit of goalkeeping was it? I felt he scrambled around and didn't dominate the box or give confidence to the defence. Yes, clearly the 'groovy gang' don't agree with me on here but we are all entitled to an opinion even if the 'thought police' disapprove of it. Still don't think people deserve abuse on here just for stating what they think.

I think Kelvin may have a wobble this season and we are then going to need a reliable number two to step in. I don't think Gazziniga is the one. Sorry.

Who was it that said Fonte had a good game 'apart from the goal'? That made me laugh.

I will not respond to the abuse from S_Clarke - I cannot understand the mentality of people on here who stoop so low.

I felt that Gazziniga's performance overall was no better than Bart would have done. And yes, it was a bad kick rather than a throw. Thanks for pointing this out Ottery St Mary, you really are most observant. Funny, I didn't have you down as being one of the'groovy gang' on here. Kick or throw, it wasn't the smartest bit of goalkeeping was it? I felt he scrambled around and didn't dominate the box or give confidence to the defence. Yes, clearly the 'groovy gang' don't agree with me on here but we are all entitled to an opinion even if the 'thought police' disapprove of it. Still don't think people deserve abuse on here just for stating what they think.

I think Kelvin may have a wobble this season and we are then going to need a reliable number two to step in. I don't think Gazziniga is the one. Sorry.

Who was it that said Fonte had a good game 'apart from the goal'? That made me laugh.

I will not respond to the abuse from S_Clarke - I cannot understand the mentality of people on here who stoop so low.

Get over yourself. What I cannot understand is how people snap shot on 1 game, 1 hour, 20mins - and that's that, decision made, mind up, no way back.

Have you ever heard about giving someone a chance? You've given Gazzinga all of 20 minutes before deciding he's not good enough.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that makes you the idiot in this argument.

Buttner, Lens, and Dann would be a pretty good week next week. And of course we're waiting for Butland to finish at the Olympics before we pursue him. That's 4 signings, and we'll be bringing in one more CB too. 5 signings by the end of August. Sweet.

(I am not ITK.)

How can you possibly judge Gazzaniga on 20 minutes? Of course Bart could have done the same, he had nothing to do! Forecast could stand and do nothing too, would you rather have him? I saw Casillas kick the ball to an opposition player last season, I wonder how much Madrid will offer Notts County for Bialkowski?

Yet another bed-wetter pointlessly judging a player after less than half a game.

How can you possibly judge Gazzaniga on 20 minutes? Of course Bart could have done the same, he had nothing to do! Forecast could stand and do nothing too, would you rather have him? I saw Casillas kick the ball to an opposition player last season, I wonder how much Madrid will offer Notts County for Bialkowski?

Yet another bed-wetter pointlessly judging a player after less than half a game.

Judging him on 20 minutes is not bad for some on here though ; many, Jos for one, are condemned before they even kick a ball.

But totally agree with you, it is ridiculous to comment that Gazzaniga is "no better than Bart" based on yesterday's cameo appearance.

So what happens when on 1st September KD or PG gets injured? You have to have 3 keepers.

Presumably, plan A is still to bring one in, plan B is an emergency loan , plan C - and we know what the 'C word' stands for - is it possible to recall Tommy Nofingers ?