Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

My point exactly, just because someone has been relegated, doesn't make him a bad player, it means he played in a **** poor team (which Dann did in Birmingham and Blackburn)

I agree with you, was just clarifying why he'd been mentioned. FWIW I think Dann would be a top notch signing. Blackburn were an absolute shambles last season and have a manager who doesn't live in the real world.

If he came to us then he'd do well i think.

I wouldn't change my mind on that concept even if he had 10 successive relegations. I'd base my opinion on his performance rather than his team's performance.

Is Nigel 'Relegation' Quashie a quality player?

It's very clear you won't change your mind. It's one of your traits. Never change your opinion, even when wrong.

As I said, base it on his performance not the teams. You aren't grasping the concept. Absolute nonsense.

Patronising too? Super.

I realise the words of pundits with lengthy playing careers behind them don't count for much, but many have said that signing a player that has been in a relegated team a few times is a bad idea.

For example - I have to admit that I laughed when Redknapp said he thought Holland were a bad team that would probably struggle to get out of their group at the Euros. But how right was he? Bang on. Holland never looked like winning.

Ah but hang on, Redknapp signed Quashie.

...Wait a minute...!

As I said, base it on his performance not the teams. You aren't grasping the concept.

Absolute nonsense.

Yes but surely playing in two relegated teams could leave a player with his confidence in his ability pretty shattered and have developed a bit of a losing mind set?

Seems to have gone rather quiet on the rumour front...

The more signings we make, the more content we become with the players we have. We're one centre back away from having a team to start the season with really.

Yep. No one else had. Sincerest apologies if I offended you as clearly sarcasm is really difficult to identify in the written form. Gettit?

I'm really really really reallllllllly sorry!! I'm soooo sorry

Now that's sarcasm ;-)

Seriously thought fella, sincerely no offence meant....

You can't compare the Morgan/Davis/Lallana situation in 2009 with Dann's. At that time, they were recent arrivals at a club (two of them recent arrivals into pro football itself) that was in complete desintegration from top to bottom. Since then however, their personal performance has generally been on the rise. Dann's career has gone a bit bleak since his early days, and both Birmingham and Blackburn had bad seasons but not exactly low expectations (or budgets), which means that the team (in which he was a starter for most games) generally underperformed, it wasn't a Blackpool/Charlie Adam situation. Not only that, he appears to be considerably injury-prone.

I always thought Johnson was the real deal of the two actually, especially after the heroics in the League Cup final. But unfortunately he seems to have lost his way with this last season at Wolves.

If we sign him I hope he proves me wrong, but surely we can look for better PL experience. And anyway, since we're looking up to last season's Swansea/Norwich, I don't think they went into the season with PL minutes on their starting CBs?

So Turkish is trying to sign Lens before Saints can just to stop us reaching champions league and him looking foolish?

FFS.

I dont want another foreigner taking the job of an English player as there are plenty of English wingers available that could do the job. If i have to buy him myself to stop this so be it.

West Ham on the verge of a "massive" signing...

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT West Ham aiming to make a massive signing - just checking if I can reveal who it is. This man is a striker,a current international, who played for his country this summer at Euro 2012- cant say who just yet but hopefully soon. The fee will smash our record to smithereens and is a sign of intent from the West Ham board

Swedens Johan Elmander maybe? Used to play for Bolton now some Turkish side....

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT West Ham aiming to make a massive signing - just checking if I can reveal who it is. This man is a striker,a current international, who played for his country this summer at Euro 2012- cant say who just yet but hopefully soon. The fee will smash our record to smithereens and is a sign of intent from the West Ham board

Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll maybe?

The fact he has said means it probably isn't true.

Still think we're in with a shout of getting Lens, despite the Trabzonspor interest.

Didn't I see figures of 10M euro knocking around a little while ago?

Wy would he want to play in the Turkish league anyway?

Did Defoe get any game time for England this summer? If so could be him..