Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

That isn't good to hear. The one attribute we don't need...

I'm prepared to put my trust into NA and co, they don't do transfers lightly and alot of previous work will have gone on. They'd have been aware of his attributes last season and if they think he can improve us and add competition then I'm all for it.

We all went off on one when we signed Hoovield, but he turned out to be a legend.

I'm prepared to put my trust into NA and co, they don't do transfers lightly and alot of previous work will have gone on. They'd have been aware of his attributes last season and if they think he can improve us and add competition then I'm all for it.

We all went off on one when we signed Hoovield, but he turned out to be a legend.

We have had some success in the transfer market but also some duds like Dickson and Forte. No point in discussing anything if we are just saying lets trust what we have. It's interesting to discuss players and their attributes before they sign, and speculate on their attributes and how they will fit in. It's what a forum is for.

Brum fans seem to agree that Dann was the better player of the 2 though. His reading of the game and interceptions seems to be his main quality. (and to be fair, NA bangs on about the CB's winning their interceptions all the time)

According to SSN' date=' who in turn got it from The Sun, Zak Whitbred turned down a move to us and is going to Leicester. Oh well.[/quote']

Didn't we try to sign him in League One, and he turned us down for Millwall? Not convinced we were in for him again to be honest.

I didn't see Dann last season, was he any good? I saw Brum live four times in the Prem season before and the pairing of him and Johnson looked outstanding. Dann just did things in an unfussy way, almost going under the radar in games. Very solid, nothing flashy. Very much a Jos style player. Good in the air and getting tight to strikers. Johnson was the class act, carrying the ball out from the back and generally looking like a future England player. He caught the eye much more (not unlike Fonte does) simply because he had the ball more. Johnson certainly lost his way badly last season, but I wouldn't write him off. Can we bring them back together?

. Johnson certainly lost his way badly last season, but I wouldn't write him off. Can we bring them back together?

If we could, that would be a remarkably astute piece of business from NA.

I didn't see Dann last season, was he any good? I saw Brum live four times in the Prem season before and the pairing of him and Johnson looked outstanding. Dann just did things in an unfussy way, almost going under the radar in games. Very solid, nothing flashy. Very much a Jos style player. Good in the air and getting tight to strikers. Johnson was the class act, carrying the ball out from the back and generally looking like a future England player. He caught the eye much more (not unlike Fonte does) simply because he had the ball more. Johnson certainly lost his way badly last season, but I wouldn't write him off. Can we bring them back together?

He was awful last year, but then so were all the other BBurn players.

Gary Hooper was out with some of the Saints lads in Cafe Parfait last night. Can only assume he was visiting Jos, can't see us signing another striker.

I think we have our fair share of strikers now. He wouldn't give us anything that Sharp and J-Rod can't do. I think we ended up getting Sharp instead of Hooper in January to just get us over the line and now Hooper is probably regretting his decision to stay up in Scotland.

Who is this peach character anyways? Is he actually a journalist, ****ing sh!t one if so. It should be reading something like:

The Jeremain Lens to #SaintsFC story is magnifying, but the Alexander Büttner deal has hit bottom.

The thing I always think of when it comes to those two is yes, they looked very good together, but when Birmingham got relegated the best moves they could come up with was Blackburn and Wolves? Not to mention they got relegated again. As you say, Johnson was a potential England player at one point, now look at him. Wolves fans can't stand him for one reason or another, both of them will be in the Championship next season and deservedly so, looking at their clubs' seasons just gone.

Ron Vlaar is one of the few Dutch players who did well at Euro 2012.

He is rated at more than £8m but a clause in his contract makes him available for £3.2m.

His present wages are about £15,000 a week.

Worth a look.

If all of that is true we should def look at him. He did well at Euros in a poor performing Dutch side. We are maybe right now as aluring club as villa, as southampton is a nicer place to live too than brum (and i live in brum!).

Ron Vlaar is one of the few Dutch players who did well at Euro 2012.

He is rated at more than £8m but a clause in his contract makes him available for £3.2m.

His present wages are about £15,000 a week.

Worth a look.

Nothing to do with the above but the username. At one time, Tommy Mulgrew was in digs in Harborough Road, Polygon. On a Sat & Sun, I helped the local milkman Don with his round. Never mind Tommy getting a bottle of 'Silver Top', I made sure he got 'Gold Top' Jersey's finest! Some home games, Tommy would get me in for nowt. I would have to walk past the huge commissionaire at the main enterance in his long red coat. Just remembered who he was in digs with, Bobby McLaughlin.

Sorry, just reminiscing.

Edited by Norm
Memory woke up!

Iván Ramis. Daily Mirror reported that Wigan have bid £3million for Real Mallorca centre-back Ivan Ramis and that Aston Villa are interested. Ramis wants to move to England but the Spanish side are holding out for £4.25m. With European experience could be a better bet than a serial relegation player. Danns may be just too used to losing.

Edited by Professor

Have we actually been linked with Vlaar or is it just a wish on here? I thought it made sense as he's got good experience but hasn't been tested in a higher league, might have a chance of getting him, and we already have a dutch CB. Could be a very good partnership. Sounds like Villa are keen though and despite our ambitions, they're a bigger drawer than us currently.

But a so-called bigger club with seemingly less money to spend and have already pizzed off both Vlaar and Feyenoord

jos hooiveld‏@joshooiveld20

We just signed a new player.. His name is "Bruv", Jason Puncheon keeps talking about him whole day. #cantwaittomeethim

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

Is this Jos just trying to be funny??

Yes, he is just messing around.

jos hooiveld‏@joshooiveld20

We just signed a new player.. His name is "Bruv", Jason Puncheon keeps talking about him whole day. #cantwaittomeethim

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

Is this Jos just trying to be funny??

Do you really need to ask...!!!!!!???

Don't really understand why people prefer us having a CB that played regularly in 2 successive relegations and has had the big lights shut on him than one who has overall done a good job in our PL journey and is fresh into the top-flight.

Not saying another CB is not needed, just think that there's better PL experience at a probably lower or equal price around.

Don't really understand why people prefer us having a CB that played regularly in 2 successive relegations.

That is a nonsense line to take. You should base a player on his own merits rather than solely on the fortunes of the club he played for. Lallana, Davis and Schneiderlin were all relegated to the 3rd tier for Saints, now we are back in the 1st tier should we get rid of them?

Don't really understand why people prefer us having a CB that played regularly in 2 successive relegations and has had the big lights shut on him than one who has overall done a good job in our PL journey and is fresh into the top-flight.

Not saying another CB is not needed, just think that there's better PL experience at a probably lower or equal price around.

Because Fonte struggled towards the back end of last season and it would be great to improve on what we have for the prem and shuffle him to the bench. The relegation thing is unfair on Dann IMO. Some superb players have been relegated over the years. Lallana was relegated with us and noone describes him as a 'relegation' player. Dann had an awful situation around him last season at B'burn in almost every respect.

That is a nonsense line to take. You should base a player on his own merits rather than solely on the fortunes of the club he played for. Lallana, Davis and Schneiderlin were all relegated to the 3rd tier for Saints, now we are back in the 1st tier should we get rid of them?

You beat me!