Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I felt that Gazziniga's performance overall was no better than Bart would have done. And yes, it was a bad kick rather than a throw. Thanks for pointing this out Ottery St Mary, you really are most observant. Funny, I didn't have you down as being one of the'groovy gang' on here. Kick or throw, it wasn't the smartest bit of goalkeeping was it? I felt he scrambled around and didn't dominate the box or give confidence to the defence. Yes, clearly the 'groovy gang' don't agree with me on here but we are all entitled to an opinion even if the 'thought police' disapprove of it. Still don't think people deserve abuse on here just for stating what they think.

I think Kelvin may have a wobble this season and we are then going to need a reliable number two to step in. I don't think Gazziniga is the one. Sorry.

Who was it that said Fonte had a good game 'apart from the goal'? That made me laugh.

I will not respond to the abuse from S_Clarke - I cannot understand the mentality of people on here who stoop so low.

For a start S_Clarke is one of the few people on here who does NOT hurl abuse around on this site.

Secondly everyone is entitiled to their opinion, yeah even on here, but seriously how can you decide after 20 mins that Gazziniga is no better than Bart ? There was a good save, a bad kick out and what else did he have to do ?

Wether the groovy gang (what ?) or the thought police (what the hell ?) approve or disaprove of your opinion surely you can see that 20 mins to judge a new keeper is a little OTT. I remember after about 20 mins against Bournemouth in the League Cup a couple of years ago I thought the kid on the wing was out of his depth. That was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and how bloody wrong was I ?

I felt that Gazziniga's performance overall was no better than Bart would have done. And yes, it was a bad kick rather than a throw. Thanks for pointing this out Ottery St Mary, you really are most observant. Funny, I didn't have you down as being one of the'groovy gang' on here. Kick or throw, it wasn't the smartest bit of goalkeeping was it? I felt he scrambled around and didn't dominate the box or give confidence to the defence. Yes, clearly the 'groovy gang' don't agree with me on here but we are all entitled to an opinion even if the 'thought police' disapprove of it. Still don't think people deserve abuse on here just for stating what they think.

I think Kelvin may have a wobble this season and we are then going to need a reliable number two to step in. I don't think Gazziniga is the one. Sorry.

Who was it that said Fonte had a good game 'apart from the goal'? That made me laugh.

I will not respond to the abuse from S_Clarke - I cannot understand the mentality of people on here who stoop so low.

What a drama queen.

Quite agree with Adrian. Living in Medway, I have seen Paulo play for Gillingham 10 or 15 times. He is an excellent goalkeeper with maturity beyond his years, and he will only get better. Anybody writing him off for one poor kick out is, quite frankly, beyond hope.

Quite agree with Adrian. Living in Medway, I have seen Paulo play for Gillingham 10 or 15 times. He is an excellent goalkeeper with maturity beyond his years, and he will only get better. Anybody writing him off for one poor kick out is, quite frankly, beyond hope.

This. Now can we draw a line under this and move back to the actual point of the thread?

Adkins clearly said on Channel 5 that more players will be arriving...

Many APOLOGIES matey.........Going through my crocodile handbag stage of my youth:blush::rolleyes:

Please do try to give our new GK Gazza a chance...I think he might surprise you and become our number one and a very sought after player in time...;)

Edited by ottery st mary

You get an emergency loan GK in.

Actually I dont think you can until a week or two after the window shuts, but my point was that it is so easily avoided. And if we are going to rely on an emergency keeper who may well have to play, we could end up very exposed. The prudent approach is get him in now.

Actually I dont think you can until a week or two after the window shuts, but my point was that it is so easily avoided. And if we are going to rely on an emergency keeper who may well have to play, we could end up very exposed. The prudent approach is get him in now.

Do you really suggest we could get a premier league quality keeper to come in. Never (probably) get a game or even make the bench just on the off chance our 2 keepers are out?

Who ever we could get on an emergency loan would be better quality than a long term no.3

Ahhhh, transfer news.......Nope. Mainly the usual bickering! zzzzzzzzz

Any news on keeper back up? I assumed Gazzinga was 3rd choice. Would love to see Butland or an up and coming first choice keeper of proven or definite quality. With our squad not being of the upper tier, a good keeper can save a lot of points over a season. We've generally had a pretty good standard so I hope it's maintained. Class CB would be reassuring. Used to think Fonte the stronger but EPC level he looked a bit shaky last season and Hooiveld looked the stronger. Pleased we've off loaded Harding and good luck to him. Not long to go now.....

Ahhhh, transfer news.......Nope. Mainly the usual bickering! zzzzzzzzz

Any news on keeper back up? I assumed Gazzinga was 3rd choice. Would love to see Butland or an up and coming first choice keeper of proven or definite quality. With our squad not being of the upper tier, a good keeper can save a lot of points over a season. We've generally had a pretty good standard so I hope it's maintained. Class CB would be reassuring. Used to think Fonte the stronger but EPC level he looked a bit shaky last season and Hooiveld looked the stronger. Pleased we've off loaded Harding and good luck to him. Not long to go now.....

I wouldn't say Butland is much more proven than Gazzaniga really. Do agree it would be good to see him in the development squad and a direct challenge to KD come in though.

Are the Mods concerned that the General bickering between certain posters will eventually put moe and more people of from coming on here ?

I'm hoping that once the season starts and we have something meaningful to discuss the bickering will get diluted by a higher volume of posts and it will be easier to ignore.

Edited by Graffito

Just thought I'd pop over here to see what I might have missed, after the comment on the Cameroon CB thread, and as it turns out not a lot.

All I would say is that as much as I too disagree with PaulGilchrist_76 over Gazzaniga, quite why he needs to be subjected to direct abuse is beyond me. Play the ball, not the man. If you don't agree with what someone says, fine, tell them so and tell them why, but resorting to personal comments is sad and unnecessary IMO.

Just thought I'd pop over here to see what I might have missed, after the comment on the Cameroon CB thread, and as it turns out not a lot.

All I would say is that as much as I too disagree with PaulGilchrist_76 over Gazzaniga, quite why he needs to be subjected to direct abuse is beyond me. Play the ball, not the man. If you don't agree with what someone says, fine, tell them so and tell them why, but resorting to personal comments is sad and unnecessary IMO.

They are.......

trolls

1a. Noun

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun

A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.

A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun

A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

I always thought Dany N'Guessan looked good and especially after seeing the highlights someone posted of the Exeter game, he out a great cross in. Perhaps he would be a better priced candidate than Lens for the wide role?

Agreed. Forget this Lens guy, imo we should break the bank for Antonio. He would rip the Prem apart!

Agreed. Forget this Lens guy, imo we should break the bank for Antonio. He would rip the Prem apart!

Antonio was raw in L1 so doubt he is up to the Prem. Reading are selling him to Sheff Weds anyway. N'Guessan has scored goals at Championship level and IMO is no different to Jay Rod or Clyne. Everyone says we need pace and power and he has that in abundance IMO.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Antonio was raw in L1 so doubt he is up to the Prem. Reading are selling him to Sheff Weds anyway. N'Guessan has scored goals at Championship level and IMO is no different to Jay Rod or Clyne. Everyone says we need pace and power and he has that in abundance IMO.

Wooooosh on account of you thinking Beavis17 was serious- he's taking the p!ss.

And :facepalm: that you're not taking the p!ss and actually think we should sign Danny N'Guessan to play for our first team in the Premier League.

Edited by for_heaven's_Saint

I still think Forte CHADJU. If we're after pace and power, surely the guy who NA uses as a benchmark for speed should be up there?

I still think Forte CHADJU. If we're after pace and power, surely the guy who NA uses as a benchmark for speed should be up there?

Forte is clearly not good enough and hasn't even featured for the development squad recently. I saw that Tonbridge Angels wanted to take him on loan. Laughable that you would consider him for the Prem.

Wooooosh on account of you thinking Beavis17 was serious- he's taking the p!ss.

And :facepalm: that you're not taking the p!ss and actually think we should sign Danny N'Guessan to play for our first team in the Premier League.

:facepalm:

N'Guessan would be a good option for Portsmouth though. Suprised he hasn't turned up there on trial.

I've read in a couple of places that Thorgan Hazard may be headed to us on loan. Didn't get many games last season, I've no idea how good he is.

Lens youth coach Eric Assadourain thinks "he's a technically gifted player who can settle a match by himself with ease" and his older brother has stated that he believes "Thorgan is the better player of the two" (from the wikipedia)

If he's like Edin he's be worth a go, but needs to be loan to buy really... Don't want to loan a player just to give him first team from a team that just has too many players

Are there any players WHU have not been linked with? What happened to all those players they bought last season? Do they have a plan? Do they have a future? Do I really care?

Lens youth coach Eric Assadourain thinks "he's a technically gifted player who can settle a match by himself with ease" and his older brother has stated that he believes "Thorgan is the better player of the two" (from the wikipedia)

If he's like Edin he's be worth a go, but needs to be loan to buy really... Don't want to loan a player just to give him first team from a team that just has too many players

He's chelsea's player, they bought him from Lens as well as Edin, so it would only be a loan for him to gain experience.

He's chelsea's player, they bought him from Lens as well as Edin, so it would only be a loan for him to gain experience.

Yeah they were the only useful quotes I could find on him, thought it was funny Chelsea had to buy him too as part of the Edin deal. Chelsea need to sort out their buying policy as they seem to have everyone who's massively rated on FM on their books... Sticking out on loan gets round this but it would help us more if there was an option to buy if it goes well.

Looks like Carroll is heading to West Ham on loan. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

Plenty on here will scoff at this but I'd say 2mill for helping them stay in the prem and secure another 60/70mill for the club is a shrewd move. He clearly has plenty to offer and plenty to prove. Players like him have plenty of joy in the prem, he's just had a tough time with an inflated price tag at Pool.

Yeah Carroll's bad Liverpool form was probably down to being put under too much pressure too early due to his price and he will end up being a good PL target man. If I was a WHU fan though, only question is how he'll react to being forced out by Rodgers when he wants to stay at Liverpool.

Yeah Carroll's bad Liverpool form was probably down to being put under too much pressure too early due to his price and he will end up being a good PL target man. If I was a WHU fan though, only question is how he'll react to being forced out by Rodgers when he wants to stay at Liverpool.

...or has not been able to force a move to his preferred option back to Newcastle

Yeah they were the only useful quotes I could find on him, thought it was funny Chelsea had to buy him too as part of the Edin deal. Chelsea need to sort out their buying policy as they seem to have everyone who's massively rated on FM on their books... Sticking out on loan gets round this but it would help us more if there was an option to buy if it goes well.

This is what I don't get because him and Eden came from different clubs. Maybe it was a condition Eden put in to the transfer. Seems strange.

Plenty on here will scoff at this but I'd say 2mill for helping them stay in the prem and secure another 60/70mill for the club is a shrewd move. He clearly has plenty to offer and plenty to prove. Players like him have plenty of joy in the prem, he's just had a tough time with an inflated price tag at Pool.

No point in having 9 strikers and no defence or midfield.

I bet they'll have to bung him like £5m wages tho. So they'll have spunked £7m and at the end of the season won't have an asset to show for it. I'd sooner buy a Rodriguez or whatever if it were my £££.

I bet they'll have to bung him like £5m wages tho. So they'll have spunked £7m and at the end of the season won't have an asset to show for it. I'd sooner buy a Rodriguez or whatever if it were my £££.

The sad fact of football is that you don't even need an asset for your millions, just another ticket for the theatre of the next season. I take your point though. Their millions guarantee goals in the prem provided he stays fit though.. Ours on Rodriguez dont.