Plastic Fans (Don't you just hate them?)

Friday's Legacy

Every club has them, even Saints look...

We have some too, as you politely pointed out in your mild panic about missing out on automatic promotion.

Congrats by the way, to you and your Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea fans. Better you than West Ham!

Plastic = your old fart of a chairman walks out with the ball before games, like a camp gladiator,holding the ball aloft above his head, creaming his Tena man at the adulation from the simpleton fans

Otherwise disinterested people taking an interest when a local club does well shocker. I'm sure the skates are still wondering where the Southsea common crowds are now, after all, most of them didn't even bother going to Wembley. Tickets on general sale if I remember.

Every club has them, even Saints look...

We have some too, as you politely pointed out in your mild panic about missing out on automatic promotion.

Congrats by the way, to you and your Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea fans. Better you than West Ham!

I think even a simpleton can see whats happened there...A few southampton yoof came across a Arsenal fan and mugged him for his phone then took it to the match.........

No. Actually I don't. I think banging on about 'plastic' fans all the time is pretty pathetic because all you're saying is "look at me, look at me, I'm such a great football fan." I remember being in the Northam at the Utd game when the little ******s behind me started singing "Adam Lallana, he hates plastic fans." F ucking pathetic.

The reality is this: No club fills their stadium with season ticket holders every week. We need plastic fans. We need to sell out every week.

Think on eh?

Don't see the problem, if you couldn't be bothered to get in quick and get a ticket, but somebody else did, that's your problem. 32k people managed it who seem to have wanted it more than those who didn't get a ticket. Obvious exceptions are those who can't attend, but those who moan about plastics taking 'their' seat, as if it's some divine right, are very strange. If you did get a ticket, what does it matter who else did? A ticket sold is better than an empty seat.

No. Actually I don't. I think banging on about 'plastic' fans all the time is pretty pathetic because all you're saying is "look at me, look at me, I'm such a great football fan." I remember being in the Northam at the Utd game when the little ******s behind me started singing "Adam Lallana, he hates plastic fans." F ucking pathetic.

The reality is this: No club fills their stadium with season ticket holders every week. We need plastic fans. We need to sell out every week.

Think on eh?

I sense trouble next season when we want to sell out every home game while at the same time don't want any JCLs - plenty of season tickets will be waved at people not having a clue what's the problem...

I know some people at my work who wanted to go down just for the atmosphere of a promotion day. They couldn't get tickets, but if they tried, some must have got in. It doesn't really bother me. You are going to get neutrals in the premiership. Doesn't one of the premier league grounds have an area for neutrals or am I just making that up?

The ones on Facebook claiming how much they love Saints who I know for a fact haven't been to more than 3 matches in the last 7 years despite going all the time in the Prem are the ones getting on my wick. I have no problem with casual supporters who just aren't all that bothered, just the Great Pretenders who've spent the last 7 years flower picking in the New Forest on Saturday afternoons, or going to the bleeding zoo.

tbf my dad comes to alot if saints games, but he's spurs through and through. he's even had a season ticket.

put a positive spin on it and it's £30, and whatever he spent at half time, that goes into our kitty and not arsenal's.

I'd rather not have the money.

I know some people at my work who wanted to go down just for the atmosphere of a promotion day. They couldn't get tickets, but if they tried, some must have got in. It doesn't really bother me. You are going to get neutrals in the premiership. Doesn't one of the premier league grounds have an area for neutrals or am I just making that up?

Craven Cottage. A few of my mates went up there last year when they played Wolves.

And on the topic of the phone cover: a) Who gives a f*ck? and b) It does technically have red & white stripes on it! Misguided present? (My mum bought me a framed picture of Highbury for my 12th birthday, under the illusion that it was SMS as the seats were red! :lol:)

The Premier League is the most plastic league of all.

I went to a PL game at Fulham years ago with my Fulham supporting mate and there were 2 Liverpool fans sitting in front of us in the Fulham end, and the whole section around us was filled with tourists from Asia/North America, they even have a neutral section there which is ridiculous if you ask me.

I think when a team is doing well most people with a mild interest in football will get on the band wagon. I have a Reading supporting mate, and up until the last 6 games of the season said nothing whatsoever about Reading and hadn't been since they were last in the PL but since it looked like they were going to go up (and did) she's gone a few times, and even went to the final home game when they had their pitch invasion and took loads of pictures.

It's annoying for supporters that have been through the Championship relegation season and been there for all the terrible home and away games that season when we lost almost every week. But its good for the club, as it means more revenue, so welcome them I say.

As for the photo of the fan with the arsenal phone, every club has people that go that support a different 'bigger' club (top 4), one of my mates is an arsenal fan but he went to Pompey once or twice because he 'wanted to see a premier league match' and the same with my Liverpool supporting mate, plastics are everyone, you just have to deal with them and accept they're pumping money into the club.

Who really cares. The photo not only looks f-ing old, but it looks photoshopped but even if it's genuine the concern should not focus on the Arsenal mobile phone cover but the dude standing underneath the scarf. Have you seen his hair? it's HUGE! looks like he's wearing a Big Lawrie's old busby!

Pompey can laugh all they like ( they need something to make em chuckle ). In my previous job in 2008 i knew 4 ST holders at Fratton Park, One was a Liverpool fan, One was a Chelsea fan and one supported West Ham. The other supported Pompey for some odd reason.

On South Today (I think) on day after their promotion, a classic quote from a Reading fan, "I've been a loyal Reading fan for 20 years and now they are back in the Prem I'm going to start going to games again".