Forest Ticket Prices 'Slashed'

Um Bongo

This wont go down well with season ticket holders....unless of course the club plan to refund the difference between the per game ST amount paid and the lower price...

I'm sure most season ticket holders would rather there were a few more people in the ground.

Your argument is the reason it's taken so long to bring something like this in.

This wont go down well with season ticket holders....unless of course the club plan to refund the difference between the per game ST amount paid and the lower price...

I'm a season ticket Holder, i don't care to be honest. If we get more people in, giving the club money, it can only be a good thing.

I'm sure most season ticket holders would rather there were a few more people in the ground.

Your argument is the reason it's taken so long to bring something like this in.

Its not my argument at all, just a point being made thats all.

I have no season ticket myself but know many that have and they will not feel happy that they are getting a worse deal for a game than any supporter that can walk up on the day.

FWIW, the club should make all ticket prices cheaper based on the entertainment being shown each week to the supporters, but that doesn't mean ST holders will be happy to have effectively paid over the odds if that were to become the case.

It's only one game that they're running this offer for, so the overall cost per game is still massively discounted with a season ticket.

Its not my argument at all, just a point being made thats all.

I have no season ticket myself but know many that have and they will not feel happy that they are getting a worse deal for a game than any supporter that can walk up on the day.

FWIW, the club should make all ticket prices cheaper based on the entertainment being shown each week to the supporters, but that doesn't mean ST holders will be happy to have effectively paid over the odds if that were to become the case.

People that choose to buy a season ticket are effectively buying shares in the club at a given moment in time. The intrinsic value of those "shares" can go up or down depending on the quality of the product or service being sold.

Perhaps I should ask Lloyds TSB for the difference in the share price I paid a year ago compared to the price people are paying for shares today?

Saints will surely be roared onto victory by a bumper St. Marys crowd

Hmmm, Nottingham Forest are no Manchester United. Traditionally, the week before xmas has not been a 'bumper' week for Home attendances either and with the credit crunch still very much in place, I would be surprised if we made 20k for this fixture. Very surprised.

Fair play to the club for doing this though, but I think its come a little too late.

The weekend before Christmas has always been a very low attendance match. Most family men and women (no sexism here) are fully involved wirh Christmas that Saturday.

It will be the start of a long holiday for many and money may well be tight this year.

So unfortunately I doubt it is anything to do with our grossly incompetant Chairman realising that £24 is a ludicrous price to watch a reserve team dashing around without any mature and experienced leadership!

Cambsaint

I've spent all my available ticket monery on next year's Ashes and ODI tickets anyway!!

I shall be watching a match in Southampton but it will be at the Rosebowl not SMS. (Unless Lowe and his henchmen go anyway.)

People that choose to buy a season ticket are effectively buying shares in the club at a given moment in time. The intrinsic value of those "shares" can go up or down depending on the quality of the product or service being sold.

Perhaps I should ask Lloyds TSB for the difference in the share price I paid a year ago compared to the price people are paying for shares today?

Erm what?

A season ticket is nothing like buying shares in the company. A season ticket is a ticket for every league match, at a discount price.

However as a season ticket holder I have no complaints about this sort of scheme. I would much rather have a full stadium, good atmosphere and better financial position for the club.

Erm what?

A season ticket is nothing like buying shares in the company.

I would disagree that it's "nothing like" buying shares. Agree that it's not an 'investment' in the sense that shares are (or rather, are supposed to be) but there are certain philosophical synergies - i.e. Both involve buying into something at a certain price in advance.

I wasn't trying to advocate that they are the same in the holistic sense.

Edited by trousers

I would disagree that it's "nothing like" buying shares. Agree that it's not an 'investment' in the sense that shares are (or rather, are supposed to be) but there are philosophical certain synergies - i.e. Both involve buying into something at a certain price in advance.

Nice use of big words there...

Let me guess the AGM will be on the Friday before the Forest game.

Shareholder to board "What steps are being taken to increase attendances .....".

Dark Lord to customer/mug/fool (insert your own word) "Tomorrow we have a trial ....."

Monday morning when they revert to Full Price, the Dark Lord will say to his inner circle, "well that sidestepped that problem for another 12 months"

AS has been pointed out season tickets mean a massively discounted price per game. I have one and am happy they have done this just before Xmas as it means a better atmosphere. However I would be peeved if they did it for EVERY GAME. If they did it more and more, I'd return my ST, get my money back off them, and go game by game..

As a season ticket holder I have no problem with a reduction in cost of the tickets for this game, it will hopefully mean that more people will be there for the match which can only be good for the club and the atmosphere in St Mary's.

However 4 weeks ago I brought 3 tickets to take friends to this game at £24.00 each!! which is very frustrating and a little unfair.

I'm a STH as well and i don't mind - we need to be getting the stayaways back (which I have been saying on here for ages). I'm just really surprised its taken- so long - and would have thought there are other games earlier which could have been used to try this out. Plymonth on a tuesday evening in November may have been a good one. Forest games are usually pretty well supported and the fact that it would be a real six pointer - should make it very watchable - if it was marketed right - but they crash in with the discount price now? I AM NOT MOANING , just wondering as to how they reach any kind of decision? I STILL suspect there is no logic just a gas panic. But we will SUCK IT AND SEE!

I'm a season ticket holder and feel this should of already happened this season whilst fans thought we'd be in anything other than a relegation scrap right to the end!

In summary, about time SFC, just hope you haven't left it to late and there are still fans wanting to come after 1 win in 9 home games!

Won't effect me, if they do it for 10 games I will still be better of and I would like to see more fans in the ground. About time the club did something about increasing attendances.

Nonsense.

Erm what?

A season ticket is nothing like buying shares in the company. A season ticket is a ticket for every league match, at a discount price.

However as a season ticket holder I have no complaints about this sort of scheme. I would much rather have a full stadium, good atmosphere and better financial position for the club.

Correct.

I would disagree that it's "nothing like" buying shares. Agree that it's not an 'investment' in the sense that shares are (or rather, are supposed to be) but there are certain philosophical synergies - i.e. Both involve buying into something at a certain price in advance.

No need to comment on this.

Works out at £16.52 per game where I sit in the Itchen.

Sounds about right to me.

Good move by the club. As long as it's not a regular occurence, and therefore proving to be better value than a season ticket (which is a highly unlikely situation), I really don't see a problem with the occasional offer.

It would be incredibly anal of any season ticket holder to have an issue with a discount of a whole £1.52 as a one off. Hardly gonna break the bank, is it?

Is a £9 saving really going to bring the fans back? I seriously doubt it, but at least it shows the board is listening to fans (or is this a sign of desperation?).

Can't say I'm impressed at paying more to get in than someone going to one game but I imagine ST holders will get some sort of loyalty bonus at some point like an extra ticket for a fiver (are you listening?)