Pre-Season Announcement - Rangers and Arsenal in Liebherr Memorial Cup

Saint-Armstrong

I have to agree. You'd get much more interest with foreign teams.

No way would you get more interest with a foreign team. Rangers are a hugely attractive opponent with a massive and hugely respected fanbase that is gonna be a treat to see. It's not so much about the quality of the football, but the quality of the experience, and seeing such a fine and patriotic contingent at st marys is a privilige and an honour.

cause he's a money grabbin, press whoring skate.

the way he left won't be forgotten.

I agree. He couldn't get away quick enough. No loyalty at all for what we did for him. I'll boo him everytime he gets the ball, name announced etc.

I have done! I do it every time they call a bear a cup but they're still doing it!

I feel bad for the Arsenal players they is gonna be well confused when they get a awarded a bear! They're probably bringing down champagne expecting to be awarded a big golden cup but you can't drink champagne from a bear!

The whole thing is ridiculous. It'd be like someone calling me Cupsy.

Would you say that the world cup is a cup?

I agree. He couldn't get away quick enough. No loyalty at all for what we did for him. I'll boo him everytime he gets the ball, name announced etc.

You are such a mong Dune. Career development, ever heard of it? He's in the England squad for a major championships this summer. You think that would have happened had he stayed at Saints? Would it feck.

Should be an excellent day.

Last years format was spot on, IMO, and it was more than just 2 football matches - plenty of other stuff to do.

I don't normally do friendlies but this was the best I have experienced. Watching the different styles of play from 3 teams was very interesting though I doubt Rangers will add to that this year. One thing they will add to is the crowd and it would not surprise me to see more Rangers fans than Arsenals. I believe we only had about 10k last time?

One thing I am concerned about this time is alcohol fuelled trouble, because there is a lot of opportunity with this format for multiple refills, exasperated by any elevated temperatures. Just little groups of opposition fans last time, all in together and well behaved. I think they should do something about the drink otherwise I can easily see this one kicking off.

If you have the money and they do the same deal as last time with the Liebherr Suite, it's well worth considering. Because of the format you get the opportunity from the Liebherr suite to mix with the opposing / home players and staff.

You are such a mong Dune. Career development, ever heard of it? He's in the England squad for a major championships this summer. You think that would have happened had he stayed at Saints? Would it feck.

He's a slithery snake skate ****.

No way would you get more interest with a foreign team. Rangers are a hugely attractive opponent with a massive and hugely respected fanbase that is gonna be a treat to see. It's not so much about the quality of the football, but the quality of the experience, and seeing such a fine and patriotic contingent at st marys is a privilige and an honour.

bet the OB do not feel the same

I have done! I do it every time they call a bear a cup but they're still doing it!

I feel bad for the Arsenal players they is gonna be well confused when they get a awarded a bear! They're probably bringing down champagne expecting to be awarded a big golden cup but you can't drink champagne from a bear!

The whole thing is ridiculous. It'd be like someone calling me Cupsy.

Am I right in thinking this is the second year of the ML Memorial Cup?

2 Cups, 1 Bear.

Note to the idiots among us.. Don't sing England songs or GSTQ to them. They won't care because they see themselves as a British club. You will just embarrass yourselves.

That should be 'Don't sing England songs or gstq EVER'. What a **** repertoire of songs England have, Im bored to death with that ****in northern brass band and what other country would sing the family song of a bunch of ****s that don't give two ****s about England, football or you.

That should be 'Don't sing England songs or gstq EVER'. What a **** repertoire of songs England have, Im bored to death with that ****in northern brass band and what other country would sing the family song of a bunch of ****s that don't give two ****s about England, football or you.

Your Jubilee Party sounds like it will be fun!!

What a **** choice of teams, one team that we will see and the other which will have a weaker squad next season than most championship squads, much preffered Bilbao and Bremen.

Agree.

But, I wonder how many fans Rangers will bring ? Celtic had a large following (5,000?) for Claus' testimonial. I have a recollection of Rangers coming down for a testimonial in the 1970's and mayhem ensuing between fans. Was that just because it was the 1970's though ?

If Rangers are likely to bring hoardes then I'm a bit surprised the Old Bill have agreed to this taking place on the day the torch is doing the rounds as well.

It makes perfect financial sense to have these teams. Don't have to pay a fee to Arsenal because of clause in AOC deal, and Rangers will be available cheaply as they need the money.

oh, and btw, If you're going to boo Chamberlain, you need to boo Walcott more. At least AOC stayed a full season

It makes perfect financial sense to have these teams. Don't have to pay a fee to Arsenal because of clause in AOC deal, and Rangers will be available cheaply as they need the money.

oh, and btw, If you're going to boo Chamberlain, you need to boo Walcott more. At least AOC stayed a full season

I think you've hit the nail on the head r.e Rangers. The Gibraltar FA are paying the expenses of Pompey for their visit, I expect we are paying Rangers expenses.

Or people could not boo either of them, although undoubtedly some thickos will. People will be debating whether to boo Pardew next...ridiculous.

Was out on the beers yesterday with a Rangers lad who runs a supporters club. They've already got 40 names down on their bus and I know another lad who is running a bus that has 30 odd people already signed up. Imagine they'll travel well for this.

Are they considering it to be their biggest game in the history of their club?

The difference being of course Walcott didn't belittle us in the media or engineer his move this way.

The difference being of course Walcott didn't belittle us in the media or engineer his move this way.

The Walcotts were far more ruthess in Theo getting a move to Arsenal. They stated he was going and when, it never dragged on like Chamberlain. Equally they insisted Arsenal paid a fair price which was extremely good in this day and age.

It's brilliant when sung in the stands. IMO Rangers fans are the best fans in the realm.

Yes brilliant if you want UDA /Ulster Volunteer anti catholic isectarian bigots and that's just the middle class ones.

Their loyalism is not something the average English football fan would understand

Think Millwall fan but not so reasonable.

They wil lbring colour with their ant Irish sectarian famine songs.

Of their tribe they make us look like nancy boys but its not my tribe and as child in Glasgow of a protestant family they could never be my team.

I was a Third Lanark Supporter myself

Yes brilliant if you want UDA /Ulster Volunteer anti catholic isectarian bigots and that's just the middle class ones.

Their loyalism is not something the average English football fan would understand

Think Millwall fan but not so reasonable.

They wil lbring colour with their ant Irish sectarian famine songs.

Of their tribe they make us look like nancy boys but its not my tribe and as child in Glasgow of a protestant family they could never be my team.

I was a Third Lanark Supporter myself

You say it like its a bad thing.

Well it's not often good. Think Manchester

I believe it should be about football.

Having spoken to numerous Rangers about that day and night, they claim the vast majority had probably never stepped foot in Ibrox. Was full of degenerates from the local schemes, who came down for a p*ss up and then used the p*ss poor management of the day as an excuse to riot.

When will you learn, that Dune amongst others, gets their kicks by posting wind up sh1te on here, he doesn't believe what he posted, but now has a hard on, due it's reaction.

He get's Turkish to help him with it, sometimes he sleeps on his own arm so it goes numb and he doesn't feel so dirty.

Quite looking forward to a rendition of the famines over, why won't you go home. Imagine Tokyo Saint will start it off.

Going to be a dream come true hearing 'My Fathers Advice' being belted out at St Mary's.

I for one have been practising 'Build my Gallows' and 'The sash my father wore' nonestop since it was announced.

He get's Turkish to help him with it, sometimes he sleeps on his own arm so it goes numb and he doesn't feel so dirty.

FAF!!!! I nearly gave myself another ulcer at your comedy.

*Posted from my dark and dingy bedsit*

Having spoken to numerous Rangers about that day and night, they claim the vast majority had probably never stepped foot in Ibrox. Was full of degenerates from the local schemes, who came down for a p*ss up and then used the p*ss poor management of the day as an excuse to riot.

Laugh out loud as David Cameron would say. I grew up in Glasgow I know exactly what these people are capable of.

Most of the world has moved on from anti catholic bigotry They are welcome to come and play football and for the supporters to support their team but let's hope they leave their neanderthal views and songs in Glasgow.

Laugh out loud as David Cameron would say. I grew up in Glasgow I know exactly what these people are capable of.

Most of the world has moved on from anti catholic bigotry They are welcome to come and play football and for the supporters to support their team but let's hope they leave their neanderthal views and songs in Glasgow.

Would be great to see the whole ground belting out Build My Gallows, My Father's Advice and Follow, Follow. Would be a nice touch as well if the teams come out to Penny Arcade.

Step up and play...