Today's Guardian crossword

Belgiansaint

After reading the OP, I just turned to look at the Quick Crossword on the back of G2 (that's the Guardian's daily supplement for all our plebby tabloid readers) and the clue for 24 across on that is:

Arrogant - Pompous (4, 3, 6)

That's Saints related too as the answer is clearly "Dune and Alpine".

Didn't read the crossword, was too busy wiping my arse with that page. It's about all the Guardian is useful for.

It's got pictures too, you know. Maybe not ones with big boobs, and it's perhaps a little to the left of the Daily Fail, but what isn't?

It's got pictures too, you know. Maybe not ones with big boobs, and it's perhaps a little to the left of the Daily Fail, but what isn't?

I don't really read the newspapers, but then that's typical of the situation the industry is in. Hardly anyone reads papers these days and there can't be much life left in them.

Around 9 million copies of paid for morning newspapers sold each day and another 1.5 million evening. Readership is around 50% higher than circulation - so around 16 million each day. Not exactly "hardly anyone"

Edited by buctootim

After reading the OP, I just turned to look at the Quick Crossword on the back of G2 (that's the Guardian's daily supplement for all our plebby tabloid readers) and the clue for 24 across on that is:

Arrogant - Pompous (4, 3, 6)

That's Saints related too as the answer is clearly "Dune and Alpine".

No it isn't. The answer is "Lowe, top Wan&er"