Saints to appeal Euell red card

Master Bates

Are the FA not duty bound to state why the appeal was rejected?

Given it didn't look like a red card incident I'm struggling to understand what logical thought process they would have gone through in the absence of any explanation accompanying the verdict.

Unless the FA are an unaccountable quango perhaps? I don't know.

Are the FA not duty bound to state why the appeal was rejected?

Given it didn't look like a red card incident I'm struggling to understand what logical thought process they would have gone through in the absence of any explanation accompanying the verdict.

Unless the FA are an unaccountable quango perhaps? I don't know.

I think you've answered your own question there.

They were happy to rescind the correct awarding of a red card against John Terry for a rugby tackle that had absolutely no intention of playing the ball, and yet throw out a worthwhile appeal. But of course John Terry is the England captain...

As it was a foul the FA were always going to "repsect" the referee's judgement at the time.

I kind of see why, as it starts to become a matter of opinion on how severe the foul was rather than a matter of fact.

The real injustice was the behaviour of Saturday's ref, his eagerness to get his red card out and a seeming desire to be the most important person on the park. A trap that a certain personality types, that are seemingly attracted to minor positions of power, regularly fall into.

what a load of bollariks. that was never a red card in a million years and if they can take john terrys back to a yellow i dont get how they cant do the same for this.

both players had there studs showing but neither was trying to hurt the other player and it wasnt square on.

players make mistakes and there can be a come back after the game with video evidence yet when a ref makes a balls up there is nothing and the FA chicken out on any decission that doesnt effect the national squad.

Not in the best of moods now.

Obviously different rules apply for the *bigger clubs Drogba has been let of extremely lightly....

DIDIER DROGBA has been clobbered with a three-match ban for his coin-throwing shame.

The Chelsea striker, 30, last night admitted an FA charge of violent conduct over the flashpoint during last week’s Carling Cup defeat by Burnley.

A disciplinary panel today imposed an immediate three-game suspension from Saturday’s home match against Newcastle and the following dates with Arsenal and Bolton.

An FA statement said: "At a Regulatory Commission today, Chelsea forward Didier Drogba was given a three match suspension. "Drogba admitted a charge of violent conduct.

"The charge related to Drogba throwing a missile into the away section of the crowd after scoring during the League Cup match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 12 November.

"Drogba will serve the suspension with immediate effect."

he is ****e...we are ****e..it would make no difference to the next few games anyway..

would we really have a chance at reading if he was playing?

we are going to get slaughtered at the madjeski

Looked one of our best players on Saturday, pre sending off. And I think his presence makes a difference too - an experienced head among all the younger ones.

Obviously different rules apply for the *bigger clubs Drogba has been let of extremely lightly....

DIDIER DROGBA has been clobbered with a three-match ban for his coin-throwing shame.

The Chelsea striker, 30, last night admitted an FA charge of violent conduct over the flashpoint during last week’s Carling Cup defeat by Burnley.

A disciplinary panel today imposed an immediate three-game suspension from Saturday’s home match against Newcastle and the following dates with Arsenal and Bolton.

An FA statement said: "At a Regulatory Commission today, Chelsea forward Didier Drogba was given a three match suspension. "Drogba admitted a charge of violent conduct.

"The charge related to Drogba throwing a missile into the away section of the crowd after scoring during the League Cup match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 12 November.

"Drogba will serve the suspension with immediate effect."

considering drogba was not shown the red...it seems he has been given an extra penalty in fact...

Looked one of our best players on Saturday, pre sending off. And I think his presence makes a difference too - an experienced head among all the younger ones.

so, he may be the difference from a 2-0 defeat to a 4-0 defeat against reading....

it makes no difference imo...he does not score..just an average player amongst crap

Why would anybody appeal this, it was a dangerous two-footed studs-up tackle.. ?

End of Story!

The bloke's an Ffing Tit!

If you had looked at the video on both the championship and the big league, you would have seen it was a one footed tackle that didn't make contact with Stearman.

Euells other leg was underneath him. His leg went over the top of Stearmans leg. It was the momentum of both coming together, either Euells other knee or elbow caught him in the goolies. That is why he was poleaxed and it looked bad.

It was however a rash tackle by both players, with Euell slightly later than Stearman.

Why would anybody appeal this, it was a dangerous two-footed studs-up tackle.. ?

End of Story!

The bloke's an Ffing Tit!

i know

if that tackle was done to a saints player...i wonder how many would say the opposition would be hard done by with a red..?

You two should read the post below which is an accurate account of the tackle, it was a one footed tackle by both players.

If you had looked at the video on both the championship and the big league, you would have seen it was a one footed tackle that didn't make contact with Stearman.

Euells other leg was underneath him. His leg went over the top of Stearmans leg. It was the momentum of both coming together, either Euells other knee or elbow caught him in the goolies. That is why he was poleaxed and it looked bad.

It was however a rash tackle by both players, with Euell slightly later than Stearman.

A ridiculously over the top decision by a ridiculously poor ref.

The clueless people at the FA were never going to recind the

card because we are not a Man Utd,Chelsea,Arsenal or the like.

The premier league big boys have all the clout and the rest count for nothing.

One set of rules for some and a different set for others it seems.

Pictures prove the Wolves player was airborne before Euell made his move

yet they still see it as a just decision.......:mad:

A ridiculously over the top decision by a ridiculously poor ref.

The clueless people at the FA were never going to recind the

card because we are not a Man Utd,Chelsea,Arsenal or the like.

The premier league big boys have all the clout and the rest count for nothing.

One set of rules for some and a different set for others it seems.

Pictures prove the Wolves player was airborne before Euell made his move

yet they still see it as a just decision.......:mad:

you win some you lose some..we have had our luck in the past

It is now 72 hours since the wolves game but the appalling refereeing that day (and the performance of the Kingsland linesman) is still annoying me. Does anyone have an address (email or snail mail) where the outraged supporter can write to vent his criticism and hopefully ensure that those 2 buffoons never set foot on a football field again? Is there someone at the FA who would listen?

Is there such an address .... or is it down to the Five Live Rant line???

It is now 72 hours since the wolves game but the appalling refereeing that day (and the performance of the Kingsland linesman) is still annoying me. Does anyone have an address (email or snail mail) where the outraged supporter can write to vent his criticism and hopefully ensure that those 2 buffoons never set foot on a football field again? Is there someone at the FA who would listen?

Is there such an address .... or is it down to the Five Live Rant line???

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs/Postings/2005/03/Contact_Us.htm

you win some you lose some..we have had our luck in the past

To be honest TDD, I'm not sure we have. People say it evens up but these are the stinkers I remember:

- 1996, blatant cheating of the highest order from Steve Dunn to wipe off Shipps' goal at OT in the Cup. Mind you, the one Man City got in the previous round was even worse! Man U really didn't deserve the Cup that season, the refs won it for them.

- 1996, A clearly onside equaliser at Maine Rd ruled out, justice that we stayed up on goal difference. Flash sent off for dissent

- Henchoz handball at Anfield - one of the most blatant I've ever seen at 1-1 and Liverpool go straight up the other end and score.

- Volz - controlled and stopped the ball with his hand on the floor V Fulham at SMS and then cleared. Ref was no more than 10 yards away and had a clear view.

- Darryl Powell fouls Mark Hughes V Derby at home with an awful foul, refs adds on extra injury time and Derby profit by scoring an equaliser created by Powell's filthy challenge. Who says cheats never prosper, that reminds me...

- Bainao and Eranio at Pride Park twice in 1996/7 cheated in 2 seperate games by clearly diving and winning penalties

- Theo got flattened V Leeds, should have been a yellow card if not a straight red, amazingly no free kick and Leeds score on the break and go on to win.

The only 3 dubious decisions I can recall us getting is a Marian penalty V Everton for a clear dive, Beattie penalty V Blackburn and Dodd's basketball V Norwich. Refs have always had it in for us, particularly against the big teams and I know a lot of clubs feel like that as well. I always think it's because refs tend to come from areas where there is no major league or non-league side to support, hence they are Man U or Liverpool plastics.

-

To be honest TDD, I'm not sure we have. People say it evens up but these are the stinkers I remember:

- 1996, blatant cheating of the highest order from Steve Dunn to wipe off Shipps' goal at OT in the Cup. Mind you, the one Man City got in the previous round was even worse! Man U really didn't deserve the Cup that season, the refs won it for them.

- 1996, A clearly onside equaliser at Maine Rd ruled out, justice that we stayed up on goal difference. Flash sent off for dissent

- Henchoz handball at Anfield - one of the most blatant I've ever seen at 1-1 and Liverpool go straight up the other end and score.

- Volz - controlled and stopped the ball with his hand on the floor V Fulham at SMS and then cleared. Ref was no more than 10 yards away and had a clear view.

- Darryl Powell fouls Mark Hughes V Derby at home with an awful foul, refs adds on extra injury time and Derby profit by scoring an equaliser created by Powell's filthy challenge. Who says cheats never prosper, that reminds me...

- Bainao and Eranio at Pride Park twice in 1996/7 cheated in 2 seperate games by clearly diving and winning penalties

- Theo got flattened V Leeds, should have been a yellow card if not a straight red, amazingly no free kick and Leeds score on the break and go on to win.

The only 3 dubious decisions I can recall us getting is a Marian penalty V Everton for a clear dive, Beattie penalty V Blackburn and Dodd's basketball V Norwich. Refs have always had it in for us, particularly against the big teams and I know a lot of clubs feel like that as well. I always think it's because refs tend to come from areas where there is no major league or non-league side to support, hence they are Man U or Liverpool plastics.

-

bobby stokes..? ;)

there have been loads just that fans will remember the ones against them

-

thanks for bringing all those back to me, my tyeeth are grinding as I type. The ****ign bastards...;

bobby stokes..? ;)

there have been loads just that fans will remember the ones against them

A true Saints fan will have a video/DVD of the FA Cup Final (as surely 'tis THAT goal to which you are referring) and will have watched it a sufficient number of times to dispell any doubt that may have been put in their minds by MU supporters that it was onside.