West Ham - whats the difference

Thedelldays

They are clearly staying up we are clearly going down it was all ballsed up by not sorting out the defence issues when we had the chance Adkins may not be guilty of that but he was a goalie himself yet he still has signed two keepers and neither of them are ready for the premiership yet

• 2 months later...
last season they were (apparently) really really rubbish

play rubbish football with an utterly terrible manager......carroll is utter garbage and collins is a joke.

however, they are sitting nicely near the top end of the league with yet another win...4 points from 2 fixtures many saints fans would have written off completely....

they have hardly bought in worldys as players......what are they doing differently...what are they doing that is massively more successful than us..?

have we gotten THAT bad..? or have they gotten that much better than us.......crazy that in a few months, how things have changed..

well of course, it could be Wham are getting their share of good luck now, but after their 4-1 win over Saints, Sam admitted they'd had some " easier fixtures " up until then....but looked anxious when he named their upcoming fixtures in the coming months......we will have to wait until May to see who finishes above who...unless Turkish has got his crystal ball back from the polishers yet.

You never heard the booing of GULY, or any other player ever

Or someone shouting advice to Adkins or that a certain player is crap

As it happens every single game

Not saying that advice is not given but I'm of the opinion that I go to support the team and manager as do those I attend with. I do not hear things like Adkins out or Adkins is a **** or tactically inept etc etc etc - only on here do I see such things. Everyones entitled to there own opinions of course but some of the posters on last nights match thread were lets say a little over opinionated.

Not saying that advice is not given but I'm of the opinion that I go to support the team and manager as do those I attend with. I do not hear things like Adkins out or Adkins is a **** or tactically inept etc etc etc - only on here do I see such things. Everyones entitled to there own opinions of course but some of the posters on last nights match thread were lets say a little over opinionated.

But when we win the scales go the other way at times

Heard plenty of times how we are or were better than stoke and we will definitely finish mid table and west ham (for example) are so much more poorer than us...not to mention how we will or could be challenging for champions league because man walked on the moon 50 years ago

Heard plenty of times how we are or were better than stoke and we will definitely finish mid table and west ham (for example) are so much more poorer than us...not to mention how we will or could be challenging for champions league because man walked on the moon 50 years ago

Are you still unwilling to accept that yours and certain other posters reactions at around this time were a bit premature and OTT?

Fair enough then.

Maybe just try remember this next time we hit a bad patch in November, it's a marathon not a sprint ;)

But I will call it as I see it. And at times we have been utterly comical.... However, there has been a huge turn around and it's brilliant.

However, still only 3 points above all these crap teams that we are supposed to be miles better than and we have yet to beat anyone 14th and above..Everton would be a great start :)

But I will call it as I see it. And at times we have been utterly comical.... However, there has been a huge turn around and it's brilliant.

However, still only 3 points above all these crap teams that we are supposed to be miles better than and we have yet to beat anyone 14th and above..Everton would be a great start :)

Apparently last season all we did is beat the crap teams, and we got promoted. Doesn't matter who we beat, 3 points is 3 points.

No reason we can't beat Everton. Won't be an easy game for sure, but who would have thought we'd snatch a draw when 2-0 down at HT?

I do agree we have looked bad at times, but we have also looked good at times too.

IMO, yourself and certain other posters around the time of this thread we looking solely at the negatives and ignoring any positives.

Balance is essential.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
Posted before finished

Apparently last season all we did is beat the crap teams, and we got promoted. Doesn't matter who we beat, 3 points is 3 points.

You are right. But can't see us getting a clean sweep by beating the teams below us... So we will more than likely have to beat someone good.

We came very close against arsenal.... We can beat Everton if we keep the ball well

If we play well then I expect those scales to go the other way as we are all Saints fans.

Are we better than Stoke? Our league position would suggest not but we gave them a bit of a fright, not bad for a team thats only just got back to the prem. Lets see how it goes at SMS, if we win then we have taken 4 points where Stoke will have taken 1 - that would mean in my mind that we are a better team than them no?

As to West Ham (my second team BTW) lets see where we all end up at the end of the season but I believe that if we end up above them it won't be by a lot (prob no more than 3 points) and if we end up below them it will be by no more than that.

Where ever we end up I will not be calling NA a **** or asking for his head - like the rest of the team he is in the Prem for the first time and as such is still learning and IMHO he and the team are learning fast.

If we play well then I expect those scales to go the other way as we are all Saints fans.

Are we better than Stoke? Our league position would suggest not but we gave them a bit of a fright, not bad for a team thats only just got back to the prem. Lets see how it goes at SMS, if we win then we have taken 4 points where Stoke will have taken 1 - that would mean in my mind that we are a better team than them no?

As to West Ham (my second team BTW) lets see where we all end up at the end of the season but I believe that if we end up above them it won't be by a lot (prob no more than 3 points) and if we end up below them it will be by no more than that.

Where ever we end up I will not be calling NA a **** or asking for his head - like the rest of the team he is in the Prem for the first time and as such is still learning and IMHO he and the team are learning fast.

We could beat Chelsea at SMS but that still wouldn't make us better than them

Which West Ham players do you think would get in a Saints best XI of...

Boruc

Clyne

Shaw

Forren

Yoshida/Fonte

Cork

Schneiderlin

Ramirez

Lallana

Puncheon

Lambert

Why would WHU want to swap any of their players with a League One team like that?

Sorry but head to head it would.

Riiiiiight. Not how teams are judged on their quality really... The league table is

Fair enough. If you think we beat Chelsea at SMS then we are the better team.

Must mean Bristol city are better than us as they beat us nicely in the last head to head.

Didn't Rochdale also do the double over us?

Agree. Gazza was utterly terrible for us

and the other one. I like Boruc and am sure that if we had played him constantly once he started we'd be a bit better off now. He has his lapses but a big f*cker like him makes wimps like Demba Ba think twice when it's a 50/50 ball as we saw yesterday evening.

Riiiiiight. Not how teams are judged on their quality really... The league table is

Fair enough. If you think we beat Chelsea at SMS then we are the better team.

Must mean Bristol city are better than us as they beat us nicely in the last head to head.

Didn't Rochdale also do the double over us?

6 point are available head to head no?

So yes you are right Bristol City were better than us head to head but, as you say the league table doesn't lie at the end of the season and I fully expect Chelsea to be way above us points wise. So over the course of the season they will be a better team than us. Given that every last one subs and all are Internationals of high regard I would expect them to be but head to head we would be better.

Then why have they been above us for every second of this season?

We haven't played the same fixtures as them, nor have we got the same team that started the season. Boruc, Shaw, Cork, Yoshida and Ramirez now all bedded in and we are quickly gaining on West Ham, only 4 points behind and they have to come to St Mary's.

What would be your answer to my question in post #136?

We haven't played the same fixtures as them, nor have we got the same team that started the season. Boruc, Shaw, Cork, Yoshida and Ramirez now all bedded in and we are quickly gaining on West Ham, only 4 points behind and they have to come to St Mary's.

What would be your answer to my question in post #136?

I'm going to leave it there

We have all played everyone now. They have proven so far they have been better

Go on KUMB site and ask them how many of our players they would take

We have all played everyone now. They have proven so far they have been better

We have not had the same fixture list, different teams played home and away.

4 points is not a big gap at all. They also have to come to St Mary's and if Saints win that it would be down to 1 point. Their recent form has been poor.

You also overlook my point about the Saints team today not being the same as the one that started the season. Shaw and Cork have made a huge difference, as have Yoshida, Boruc and Ramirez settling in.

Go on KUMB site and ask them how many of our players they would take

I wasn't asking them, I was asking you. Which West Ham players would you want in the Saints starting XI?

Why do you keep avoiding the question?

Cos he can't answer it......all he can do is moan and complain. Been that way all season - so Delldays do you think Adkins is out of his depth now and we are cut adrift in January?

Do you not think WHU would love to have Clyne, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Ramirez and Lambert in their side?

Do you honestly think WHU are doing soooooo much better than us? Why not look at the last 12 games and extrapolate out where we will likely be at the end of the season.