Billy Sharp

teacher

I look forward to the day when Minty shows some passion and jumps off the cosy fence and actually puts content into a post that stimulates discussion...

What, you mean be controversial for the sake of it, or say something just to provoke a reaction? Why? For what purpose? So you've got something to disagree with? What has 'passion' got to do with it? Bizarre.

I call it how I see it... that's how I call it so posted accordingly. I'm quite comfortable with that. If you're not, ignore me.

There was an interview with Sharp's agent, published pretty much everywhere that talks about football, towards the beginning of August. He certainly doesn't say anything about any PL club offer and if I recall correctly at that time we'd just had an offer from Doncaster. Then there was the Celtic rumour but obviously nothing came of that. I really do think that the EPL club offer is just a figment of someone's imagination.

If you read Glasgow's post here (it would seem that) the offer being talked about happened last summer, i.e. just after we'd gained promotion back to the land of milk and honey!!

Like you I can remember no rumours of any PL interest in Billy this summer.

Think I've missed a few crucial pieces of information.

Can anyone provide a link to Palace's offer? (or any other Premier team's offer)? I've only seen Championship interest (oh, and rumours of Celtic), and find it a bit baffling that any Premier team would consider Sharp seriously (even Palace).

Can someone point me to a link where we have rejected a reasonable bid for Sharp this summer?

Can anyone provide evidence that Sharp isn't allowed to train with our reserves?

If you read Glasgow's post here (it would seem that) the offer being talked about happened last summer, i.e. just after we'd gained promotion back to the land of milk and honey!!

So then before he was cast aside by Adkins and loaned out to Forest? Well as at that time he was part of our group and was a sub at Citeh there's nothing surprising there then is there. I mean we've turned down offers from 2 or 3 clubs for Morgan this season, doesn't mean we're restricting his trade.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The club do dealings very privately and with discretion

You won’t hear anything until its official and on the OS

Not the 1st time the club has done this - Puncheon wasnt 'allowed' to play for us in league 1 but walked into the Blackpool team in the premiership!! Go figure[/quote)

having read quite of a few of the posts (above) many people seems to have some valid points IMO, but the truth of it was surely that in th L1 days, Puncheon had a chip on his shoulder and was far too "verbal " for his own good (and the clubs, too). He wasn't dedicated enough on the pitch and was surely a pain in the a** in the dressing room. Loaning him out was a good move for everyone concerned.

Ian Holloway (then Blackpool manager) has a reputation for choosing a few " odd ball " players and although JP impressed during his time there - Blackpool were already on their way down - weren't they?.

Puncheon's " reconciliation " with Cortese was a victory for common sense on both sides and credit to Jason for " re-creating himself " into a half-decent player who DAJFU - on certain occasions

IMO the reason he didn't get regular games was his tendency to overdo things when he had possession. He dwells on the ball too much, often try to beat the extra man and rarely passing to a colleague - prefering to go for glory himself. In a team game... the end result is most important, individual praise is seldom rewarding and takes away credit from the "road sweepers " who do most of the work.

Puncheon never figured out who he was (in the team ), and (IMO) there was seldom an occasion when he would have been a natural first choice.

YES he scored some spectacular (and valuable ) goals but to my moind he never really fitted in anywhere, and wouldn't have been MY first choice in any position, but I wish him well in the future.

Can anyone provide a link to Palace's offer? (or any other Premier team's offer)? I've only seen Championship interest (oh, and rumours of Celtic), and find it a bit baffling that any Premier team would consider Sharp seriously (even Palace).

Can someone point me to a link where we have rejected a reasonable bid for Sharp this summer?

Can anyone provide evidence that Sharp isn't allowed to train with our reserves?

Hah Palace, the side who've signed players this very summer and then not included them in their 25 man squad for the first 4 months of the PL campaign. Ask Steven Dobbie if moving to Palace was a good idea cos he's now in exactly the same situation as Billy Sharp, a cast off who can only be loaned out in a lower division.

Good luck getting answers to relevant questions.

This offer which Sharp supposedly had from a prem team was just Glasgow making it up - it didn't happen. I'm sure if it did, we'd have welcomed him to leave.

And ART also made it up?

• I was accused of making up our interest in Benega (mopo confirmed the interest 1 month later)

• I was then called a liar when I said Lovren was about to sign.

• I was a "troll and a wum" when I told about our interest and scouting of Wanyama

• It was a "lucky guess" when I said De Ridder was moving to Utrecht

• I was "an idiot" when I claimed Forren was returning to Molde

• Lambasted by many when I said one in one out this week

• My Mayuka to Sochaux thread was locked as "no evidence" only to be re-opened an hour later

Amazing all these lucky guesses ;)

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

This offer which Sharp supposedly had from a prem team was just Glasgow making it up - it didn't happen. I'm sure if it did, we'd have welcomed him to leave.

I gave up reading Glasgow a while back. He posted provocatively, constantly trying to wind people up. He also seemed to regularly big himself up, rarely before the event, normally only with the benefit of hindsight. He may well have some inside info - but his posting style prohibits me from wasting any of my time reading his spam.

I wouldn't be surprised if Palace had sounded us out, I mean, Sharp is about as good a backup option as Kevin Philips. However, I've seen no evidence of this, and imagine that Sharp's wage would have proved to have been the stumbling block. I can't see us standing in the way of any offers that meet our valuation.

And ART also made it up?

• I was accused of making up our interest in Benega (mopo confirmed the interest 1 month later)

• I was a "troll and a wum" when I told about our interest and scouting of Wanyama

As a famous golfer once said when told he was lucky! "Amazing the harder I train the luckier I get" (Quote by Player or Palmer sources dispute)

And ART also made it up?

• My Mayuka to Sochaux thread was locked as "no evidence" only to be re-opened an hour later

More to do with you just reporting what other people had said.

I too would like to know the answers.

Has nobody answered yet?

And ART also made it up?

keep-calm-and-trol-on-2.png

F**k knows what your agenda is, but it is patently clear on this thread that your opinion doesnt evern faintly resemble objectivity.........

Did Billy **** yer missus ?

Do you want him to **** yours? This Billy love in is getting embarrassig for some.

You know his exact wage packet then do you?, no neither do I.

He is an employee of the club not deemed good enough for the first team in the premier league by 2 managers.

No matter what Southampton FC do you are never happy & never will be.

Recent press articles would lead us to believe that Sharp is earning (well getting anyway) 18000£ per week.

F**k knows what your agenda is, but it is patently clear on this thread that your opinion doesnt evern faintly resemble objectivity.........

You've hardly ever seen him play, have you? You've said on here before that you don't watch Saints matches. Why do you think you are qualified to have an opinion on this? Now, that's arrogant.

Recent press articles would lead us to believe that Sharp is earning (well getting anyway) 18000£ per week.

Fair enough, 18k or 20k... Still an awful lot of ££. Im sure he isnt struggling whilst being out of the side. I dont buy all this treated badly stuff.

He will get a loan deal in the window providing the deal is right.

Fair enough, 18k or 20k... Still an awful lot of ££. Im sure he isnt struggling whilst being out of the side. I dont buy all this treated badly stuff.

No doubt but I still think we'll end up paying a fair whack of his stipend ourselves. He really wasn't great at Forest last season

and he seems to be a bit choosy geographically where he's based.

I too would like to know the answers.

Has nobody answered yet?

I'm still waiting? Alpine?

And ART also made it up?

Dont let the haters stop you sharing your ITK stuff mate, i for one appreciate it. I too was lamblasted for revealing that Cortese didnt rate Adkins and he was a dead man walking, i was too was labelled atroll for daring to suggest that Adkins didn't have a full handle on transfers. WHen i provided details of the Clyne deal 6 weeks before it happened was dismissed later as being nonsense, sadly for this forum i have been ground down by the relentless dimissing of FACT and ITKness as "WUMMERY" so no longer share my info. Dont let them force you down the same route, it would be a sad day for mongboards.

but the possibilities are extremely limited, he's reportedly receiving nigh on 4 times the average Championship salary and I think they have some sort of new FFP agreement in place as well. Think we might be stuck with him for a while.

My agenda is very very clear:

Billy Sharp isn't good enough for us hence we are trying (and struggling) to get rid of him.

Based on all available evidence I would say that is very objective.

I don't understand why fans are so bothered about his situation. Nobody cared about Hammond who did far more for the club.

Billy Sharp isn't good enough for us hence we are trying (and struggling) to get rid of him.

I don't understand why fans are so bothered about his situation. Nobody cared about Hammond who did far more for the club.

Because Hammond seems to get decent loans fairly easily, Brighton and now Leicester, perhaps he's less costly than Sharp but he seems to enjoy a better status than him anyway. Sharp is vastly overated as we saw with his season at Forest last year. 39 games I think 10 goals of which I think 4 were penalties.

sometimes Charlie it's not just a case of whether you're good enough or not, there are underlying reasons. I've just been reading the Real president's comments on why they let Ozil go, if I were a Gunners fans I'd be worried about getting some return for our 50 million euros. Not that it's anything to do with Sharp of course :) but it will make juicy reading once the Sun and Star get hold of it.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I know I've helped it along, but 12 pages on a striker who isn't playing is quite remarkable. I suppose its partly because of this surplus of ex-championship strikers clogging up the payroll - not just Billy Sharp but Tadanari Lee and Lee Barnard. Getting Mayuka out on loan was a help but discussing how the club should act towards Sharp leaves the same question over the other two. Even though Chung now has a squad number, there's no indication yet that the club needs to play him.

I know I've helped it along, but 12 pages on a striker who isn't playing is quite remarkable. I suppose its partly because of this surplus of ex-championship strikers clogging up the payroll - not just Billy Sharp but Tadanari Lee and Lee Barnard. Getting Mayuka out on loan was a help but discussing how the club should act towards Sharp leaves the same question over the other two. Even though Chung now has a squad number, there's no indication yet that the club needs to play him.

Barnard is a surplus to requirements League 1 striker though. Surely there must be some club that will take him off our hands. as for Chung I'd hope I'm wrong but it could be that we've been made to include him and give him a number. Don't forget we told a WP tribunal that he was a player of exceptional talent...We can't loan him in Britain out without his new club reapplying for a permit apparently.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Don't forget we told a WP tribunal that he was a player of exceptional talent...We can't loan him in Britain out without his new club reapplying for a permit apparently.

Ha, had forgotten that. I wonder if they were reminded of that when applying for a WP for Osvaldo.

right, as I can't be bothered to put the c*nt back in sc*nthorpe what's he been saying then.

Love that swear filter...

"The Premier League Saints are understood to want a club to match Sharp's reported £18,000 per week wages for any loan deal to go ahead.

But Mandaric told the Sheffield Telegraph he hoped the situation could be resolved.

He said: "That is steep for Championship budgets where the maximum salary is probably around £10,000 a week.

"You can't criticise the club because that is their prerogative.

"But what I don't understand is the player just sitting there and not playing.

"Why not a sensible situation? Why not put him on the stage to move on.

"Why would you keep a player if he doesn't have a chance to be part of the squad?

"I think it's not good business and not good for the player.

"But, as I've said, he's their player and it's their prerogative."

Sharp has also been linked with loan moves to Championship clubs Reading, Leeds United, Ipswich Town and Doncaster Rovers after being left out of Southampton's pre-season preparations and not featuring in any of their games so far this season."

In summary, "you can't criticise Saints" followed by criticism.

Sharp has stated categorically on Twitter, that he, being a life long Sheffield United fan and ex player is not interested in any move to Wednesday. A rehash of false and earlier erroneous articles regarding clubs who've never been interested.

Sheffield Wednesday still looking for Billy Sharp loan deal

Trusted article source icon

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Profile image for david_scun

david_scun

Follow

SHEFFIELD Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has confirmed the Owls are still in the hunt to sign former S****horpe United striker Billy Sharp on loan.

But Mandaric said he could not understand why Sharp's parent club Southampton were holding onto the forward against his wishes.

​The Premier League Saints are understood to want a club to match Sharp's reported £18,000 per week wages for any loan deal to go ahead.

But Mandaric told the Sheffield Telegraph he hoped the situation could be resolved.

Main image for myprint-247

He said: "That is steep for Championship budgets where the maximum salary is probably around £10,000 a week.

"You can't criticise the club because that is their prerogative.

"But what I don't understand is the player just sitting there and not playing.

"Why not a sensible situation? Why not put him on the stage to move on.

"Why would you keep a player if he doesn't have a chance to be part of the squad?

"I think it's not good business and not good for the player.

"But, as I've said, he's their player and it's their prerogative."

Sharp has also been linked with loan moves to Championship clubs Reading, Leeds United, Ipswich Town and Doncaster Rovers after being left out of Southampton's pre-season preparations and not featuring in any of their games so far this season

Read more: http://www.thisiss****horpe.co.uk/Sheffield-Wednesday-looking-Billy-Sharp-loan-deal/story-19787076-detail/story.html#ixzz2ehSTgaWt

Sharp has stated categorically on Twitter, that he, being a life long Sheffield United fan and ex player is not interested in any move to Wednesday. A rehash of false and earlier erroneous articles regarding clubs who've never been interested.

Well that's an adult attitude then to be sure. Plenty of footballers have played for their favourite team's rivals. It's a job where you earn a living at the end of the day. Idiots should be banned from Twitter.