Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Why do you assume Saints can't do more than one deal at a time?

simple, because they really haven't been able to in the recent past...

our recruitment is clumsy, slow, and involves too many people who daren't make a decision without referring it to Cortese.

we are in danger of taking our eye off the ball again, as we did with Ramirez in the summer.

Other targets out there will not sit about waiting whilst we throw everything into getting this lad from Inter.

Weren't it that Ramirez did sit around waiting in the summer whilst we first tried to sign that other lad. Wassisname? MLG you remember I think he was from Holland?

our recruitment is clumsy, slow, and involves too many people who daren't make a decision without referring it to Cortese.

To be fair this thread is only 15 pages long, the Ramirez one was what 70? This deal is progressing quite rapidly in comparison.

I also don't think we need anyone else at this moment. Would be nice maybe to get someone like Biglia but not essential.

we are in danger of taking our eye off the ball again, as we did with Ramirez in the summer.

Other targets out there will not sit about waiting whilst we throw everything into getting this lad from Inter.

If it goes tits up, we will be left with nothing and only a few days of the window to go.

A perfect recipe for panic buying at the last minute

How do you know we are not looking at alternatives?

If reports are correct we were looking at Astori but had an alternative in Forren who have course has now signed.

Coutinho is 20. 12 June 1992.

I don't think Ince is better, Coutinho is the better player now and I think has more potential.However, I think he (Ince) is a decent prospect which could potentially improve our squad, fits what we need (versatile wide man with pace and trickery) and being English will take less time to settle and adapt than Coutinho.

I also think he should be cheaper and might be easier (quicker) to acquire as seemingly no one else is after him. I also think he's better than Zaha who Man Utd have jsut paid £15 million for.

I rate ince highly by the way. It seems strange as Liverpool were linked with him all through august-Jan and now that seems to have gone cold. I'd take him in a heartbeat BTW, this fella just sounds likes a class above, although i must admit i'd never heard of him until we were linked.

I rate ince highly by the way. It seems strange as Liverpool were linked with him all through august-Jan and now that seems to have gone cold. I'd take him in a heartbeat BTW, this fella just sounds likes a class above, although i must admit i'd never heard of him until we were linked.

Even funnier that Liverpool let Ince go for very little, now want to get him back for millions..

Evidence for all of this?

i have a tape which Ramirez agent wore taped under his shirt and was recorded in a covert mission in our negotiations as a plant to prove this is the case. HTH.

Now where's your evidence what Pat says isn't the case?

Why do you assume Saints can't do more than one deal at a time?

Don't be silly

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there, but would love it if we stole him under their noses. Hopefully we have an alternative lined up...

Even if he does end up there (which I very much suspect he will) its been entertaining watching the squirming and the "he's ours - he's great" / "he's theirs - he's not all that" to-ing and fro-ing from LFC fans on Twitter :)

I think Coutinho is but I also think he's going to be a Liverpool player and seeing as they were the only ones in for Ince he'd be a good bid. Could easily sign him for around £7 million I reckon and it would be a good deal.

I have always liked the idea of us signing the young prospects from the lower leagues that we regularly sold over the years like Bale being signed by spurs. Will Hughes would be another one to look at but I think he's going to be more of a no 10. type player.

Im sure he prefers Liverpool but you would hope that we wouldnt both negotiating a deal with Inter if he was not at all able to be persuaded to join us if a fee was agreed.

Surely his agent would have given some kind of indication. Or perhaps we arent really that keen and they are using us to get more money out of Liverpool, which is fine really - no time wasted by Saints, just frustration for the fans but ultimately we don't know 99% of what goes on behind the scenes.

We aren't privy to anything that is going on, Saints maybe quite advanced in talks, yet Turkish thinks we should "move on" regardless.

Well if you believe the media, like you do, then everything points to him moving to Liverpool. Do you think he'll sign for us?

I think Coutinho is but I also think he's going to be a Liverpool player and seeing as they were the only ones in for Ince he'd be a good bid. Could easily sign him for around £7 million I reckon and it would be a good deal.

I have always liked the idea of us signing the young prospects from the lower leagues that we regularly sold over the years like Bale being signed by spurs. Will Hughes would be another one to look at but I think he's going to be more of a no 10. type player.

agree with all that.

Yes or no.... My good sir

What is your gut feeling???

If Liverpool and Saints both have a bid accepted, he'll goto Liverpool. If just Saints do, then I think he may come to us.

If we have had a bid accepted, I think he should at least meet with Cortese and Pochettino to see what they have to say, rather than dismissing us outright.

Yes or no, do you think he will sign for saints?

No.

But as MLG says we don't really know anything, so many contrasting reports.

What's putting me off is the rumours about the player himself not interested. Whilst the Ramirez saga rumbled on it was pretty clear all along that Ramirez was more than happy to move. What hold it up was fees and third parties etc.

Coutinho doesn't seem interested, or at the least he's only a bit interested. I suppose this is understandable when the guy is at a massive club like Inter and another big club like Liverpool are interested.

Bolgona to Saints with a pay rise is a much of muchness I would think for a player. Same with Calgiari to Saints (Astori deal which I don't think is completely dead) but Inter to Saints, not so sure.

Yesterday was news in Sweden that Anders Svensson club Elfsborg took a striker on loan from Celtic. The player has playerd before in Sweden for AIK together with JOS and really wanted to go back there. But Cletic said no and gave him an alternative - stay at Celtic and train with the kids or go to Elfsborg - your choice.... So if a club wants to play hardball they can so in this case with Coutino - if we offers more money to Inter then it´s really of no interest what the player want´s - if Inter are desperate for cash. Just my oppinion.

If Liverpool and Saints both have a bid accepted, he'll goto Liverpool. If just Saints do, then I think he may come to us.

If we have had a bid accepted, I think he should at least meet with Cortese and Pochettino to see what they have to say, rather than dismissing us outright.

So Liverpool hold all the aces then and you think we shouldn't move onto other targets. Utterly mental.

Nothing new but on Sky Sports transfer clockwatch this morning online:

Reports coming out of Italy in Gazzetta dello Sport this morning claim Southampton have upped their offer for Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho to €10million (£8.4m), while Liverpool have offered €9million (£7.6m) and won’t be increasing their bid. The newspaper says Inter have requested two days to make a decision and that Coutinho would prefer an Anfield move. The Brazilian’s exit would pave the way for the Nerazzurri to buy Paulinho from Corinthians.

So Liverpool hold all the aces then and you think we shouldn't move onto other targets. Utterly mental.

How much time and effort do you think is involved in merely staying in transfer talks for one player?

It is not me being "utterly mental", you are the one that without knowing any of what is really going on is demanding the club pull out no matter what the situation currently is.

Is Ince actually back playing again after his injury?

Young players & Hamstrings. Maybe there is a reason that Liverpool decided to wait or move on. We don't know.

Forren came out of left field when we were saying we can only do one deal at a time. I think we are likely to go the same way here.

But of course, once Coutinho sees parts of Liverpool he may want to change his mind :rolleyes:

How much time and effort do you think is involved in staying in transfer talks?

It is not me being "utterly mental", you are the one that without knowing any of what is really going on is demanding the club pull out no matter what the situation currently is.

Where did i "demand we pull out"? Yet again Mr Wrong, making stuff up. I said that we move onto other targets. It seems we've had a bid accepted so If Coutinho wants to join us then he will, but by your own admission Liverpool hold the aces, if they match our bid then he'll go there. We dont appear to be in a position of strength on this one, even by your own wierd logic you can see that. Lets start progressing other deals.

Where did i "demand we pull out"? Yet again Mr Wrong, making stuff up. I said that we move onto other targets. It seems we've had a bid accepted so If Coutinho wants to join us then he will, but by your own admission Liverpool hold the aces, if they match our bid then he'll go there. We dont appear to be in a position of strength on this one, even by your own wierd logic you can see that. Lets start progressing other deals.

Who says we aren't?

How do you know we aren't?

As I asked earlier...

How much time and effort do you think is involved in merely staying in "transfer talks" for one player?

How do you know we aren't?

As I asked earlier...

How much time and effort do you think is involved in merely staying in transfer talks for one player?

So why are you dismissing me saying go for other targets if you say youself that we might be? Where have i said we should pull out?

Struggling this morning Matthew aren't we.

Not the Tom Ince who was out with Hamstring Injury in the run up to the Festive Season then

Thanks for clearing that up :?

Oh dear, he strikes again. I knew it wouldn't be long

Mr.Wrong.gif

Ince has played in 26 of Blackpool's 28 Championship games this season.

In the last 3 months he played in games on...

3rd November, 6th November, 10th November, 17th November, 24th November, 27th November, 1st December, 8th December, 15th December, 21st December, 26th December, 29th December, 1st January, 5th January, 12th January, 15th January, 19th January.

As I said, it was Matt Phillips that missed a lot of that time.

Ince has played in 26 of Crystal Palace's 28 Championship games this season.

In the last 3 months he played in games on...

3rd November, 6th November, 10th November, 17th November, 24th November, 27th November, 1st December, 8th December, 15th December, 21st December, 26th December, 29th December, 1st January, 5th January, 12th January, 15th January, 19th January.

Ince doesn't play for Crystal Palace.