Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

When was 'our club' really our club? I've been supporting ever since the war and never had any input to any managerial decisions and wouldn't expect to

A family club, Bates etc etc, since when has time had anything to do with your club? Do you this is transparent? Do you think its dignified?

You have an alternative strategy that will work perhaps? I have supported Saints for 60 years and what Dellman says is true - it has always been my team who I support but it has never been my club that I belong to or have any influence over and it never will be. We are no different as a club to most of the others in the league are we?

I dont have an alternative now as its too late, we should of bought quality players in the summer and also if we felt inclined (Cortese probably did but could not) sacked Adkins and put in place someone else, we are now spending money we dont know where its coming from and that concerns me, if it were Chelsea or Man City it obvious where the money is coming from, for us?

To solely put trust in someone who does not speak to the media, hates the local rag in fact and dislikes ex players who care and speak for the club and treats managers with such contempt he does not even tell them they are sacked is worrying and naive in my humble opinion.

Portsmouth fans could have said the same about sasha...

Why invest in the training ground then ?

As said before,if anything we are still using money put by, for the 5 year plan?

Poopy bought players for stupid money (in some cases) Then payed their agents stupid money (in all cases) Then to cap it off payed them stupid wages (in all cases)

Why invest in the training ground then ?

As said before,if anything we are still using money put by, for the 5 year plan?

Poopy bought players for stupid money (in some cases) Then payed their agents stupid money (in all cases) Then to cap it off payed them stupid wages (in all cases)

Urban myth in many ways about the skates and their signings, they actually made money on a lot of them, it was the wages that screwed them up.

I'm not necessarily worried about our spending, but we've taken a BVI loan for a reason.

Cashflow

Tax Dodge

Getting around upcoming FFP rules

We are proper skint

Could be any number of reasons, might get some idea when next set of accounts are published.

Getting a loan out sort of hints at there not being one.

You have to be a fool not to be concerned that we are already spending our parachute money and probably have a massive wage bill.

not necessarily. He could have taken out a loan as an offset mechanism / to put on the balance sheet so they can pay lower taxes, like most of the businesses in our country do.

I only want to sign Coutinho to p1ss the Liverpool fans off even more. In fact, some are on the verge of breakdown already. Might be worth watching this thread

http://www.koptalk.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=303168&page=11

The man utd fans on redcafe want him to join us as they enjoy attacking teams that compete with them :o

Those ITK on such things, why do Inter not fancy Coutinho at all? He seems happy enough to stay and work for a place, young lad with loads of potential etc.

Not sure about Inter specifically, but football in Italy is in severe financial trouble in general.

A very good comment from one of their fans.

I would say that Southampton are a progressing team having just got promoted and doing ok in the premier league. They've also made some good signings.

Everyone knows who Liverpool are which can help, but it could also work against us. A look at the history books shows that we are one of the most successful clubs of all time - but that was all in a different era. We can be described as a meagre shadow of our former selves which isn't particularly appetising. And we're worse off than this time last year, when we were really sh!t!......There's also the small matter of the insulting wages that LFC seem to offer players and the fact that the city is riddled with crime. Oh, and the last foreigner that BR signed has barely seen daylight - if players are getting paid on performances then how can they earn money if they're not on the pitch.

From a neutral perspective, Southampton looks every bit as good an option as Liverpool

Why would clubs negotiate offers such as that without having any inkling that the player would be keen on the move?

End of the day if he likes his wage its possible he would move here.

Tomorrows Times says Liverpool have offered 8m and us 10m but player prefers a move to Liverpool.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Really? We have 4 CBs and two of the country's best Full backs.

We had De Ridder and Chaplow as attacking MF options on Monday.

Are we happy with CB options as being premiership standard ? FB - agree with you.

Take your point regarding the subs bench and availability there.

I'm up for this. Well worth £10m IMHO.

He replaces Puncheon, who has been great, but isn't a superstar tbh.

Of our starting, full fit XI, Puncheon is the one I'd seek to displace and upgrade.

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Forren Shaw

Schneider Cork

Coutinho Ramirez Lallana

Lambert

Subs: Davis, Davis, Yoshida, J-Rod, Puncheon, Fox, De Ridder/Lee

(I can see a good case for replacing the last two/three subs...but I wouldn't spend much money on it...)

I understand talk of Coutinho to #SaintsFC is wide of the mark. Interest in summer but Ramirez came in. Sounds as if agent is playing games.

@SimonPeach

Beware of anyone who begins their sentence "I understand".

If you really understand something, just state it. And just begin your statement with the next word along.

Or start your sentence with "I'm guessing" or "I'm hearing" or "My hunch is"...

It is the most bizarre, non-qualification ever.

It's in the daily fail (PMSL) so clearly not true.

As was the story about NA's job being under threat about a week ago before the Mirror named Mo Po the day before.........

;)

I do of course take this with a pinch of Sodium Chloride but not so much as to offend those who are intolerant

As was the story about NA's job being under threat about a week ago before the Mirror named Mo Po the day before.........

;)

I do of course take this with a pinch of Sodium Chloride but not so much as to offend those who are intolerant

Yep and that was lies too. A paper read by right wing scumbags. the Adkins job thing Was part of national media wind up, remember? No reason to think this is any different.

Beware of anyone who begins their sentence "I understand".

If you really understand something, just state it. And just begin your statement with the next word along.

Or start your sentence with "I'm guessing" or "I'm hearing" or "My hunch is"...

It is the most bizarre, non-qualification ever.

Agree.. But you've got to remember that Peach is a moron.

A very good comment from one of their fans.

It's nice but wrong. Even with my Saints bias hat on, if the terms on offer were similar he would go to Liverpool. It would seem the club (saints) are also thinking along those lines as well by trying to price Liverpool out of it. We're not going to QPR it and offer him £80k a week, so the wages on offer will be similar IMO.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

I understand talk of Coutinho to #SaintsFC is wide of the mark. Interest in summer but Ramirez came in. Sounds as if agent is playing games.

I don't remember any links in the summer, and the agent has drummed up a lot column inches about it for no interest.

I'd quite like a defender

Think this position is the priority now. With Forren in and the improvement of Fonte, Yoshida, the growing excellence of Shaw and Clyne and the recovery of Boruc we look as solid defensively as anyone in the bottom half. Even Jos has looked ok in recent weeks and it's likely he will be 4th choice.

However without Lallana we look thin on the ground attacking wise and someone that could challenge Puncheon would be helpful.

I think we will try and sign another top class centre back in the Summer (possible Astori) as well as full back cover if we stay up but as our only priority is staying up I think our defence is good enough for that.

Transfer target priorites for me would be:-

Wide man

Defensive Mid

Top class Centre back

Full back cover

Replacements for Boruc and Punch if they don't sign contracts.

At the same time move on the likes of De Ridder, Richardson, Hooiveld, Chaplow etc.

Edited by tajjuk