Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Yep and that was lies too. A paper read by right wing scumbags. the Adkins job thing Was part of national media wind up, remember? No reason to think this is any different.

Nice trolling as ever Turks. Please try to remember, the Mail is only a dubious source when they have an axe to grind. Hence, don't trust them on politics, but generally they are okay at reporting sports.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

According to the BBC, the scousers have upped their interest in coutinho, presumably with a raised bid. I still think this could go our way because of the espanyol link.

Think it will ultimately depend on the player - wages, sign on... and whether he feels its a good step... think we have the money to compete with teh fee, but far from the kudos of playing for the scousers -.... yet ;-)

I'd quite like a defender

It might happen, but this season we have brought in Clyne, Maya, Forren and made Shaw first choice. That's an entire new back four. I doubt it's seen as an urgent area for recruitment, unless the three new signings, which most seem to believe were made by Cortese/Reed, are seen as not good enough, or were brought in to be second choice.

I'd be happy for an even better option, but which "Cortese signing" would either he or Pocchetino be replacing already?

Do you think an agent is putting out false information to make Liverpool up their bid so that they will want less money for Alvarez from us?

Crafty game if he is.

Hope so as i think players like Alvarez, Verdu, Cajellon etc will do better in the PL - indeed if Liverpool get Coutinho i'd look again at Ince. Coutinho looks very lightweight to me

It will be interesting to see who else we do sign, if not this lad. Presumably Pochettino was brought in at this moment to give him some leeway during the January transfer window, and judging by the espanyol links with Coutinho, he was a prime target. Still think it might happen, liverpool aren't necessarily as attractive a proposition as they think they are.

I have no idea what to believe on this one. Some sources claim we have had a bid accepted and Liverpool haven't, others claim he's doing personal terms. Seems like it's all bull**** and my feeling is that if anything is being made up it's by Liverpool and their media agents to pressure the nipper into a deal. There's a lot of public media supporters of Liverpool who could get their noses point out of joint by this. Besides releasing crap is not the way we do business... that's the remit of dinosaur clubs like Liverpool. :)

Tbf Ramirez was continually and criminally played out of position, which didnt really help anyone.

It's not his best position but criminal?

Asking a left footed midfielder to do a job in a position he's played in plenty of times before isn't really criminal IMO. We asked him to play a few yards to the left of where he usually plays, he should still be able to make an impact. It's not as if he was asked to play left back.

Oops, sorry tokes. I mean it's disgraceful really, what was Adkins thinking FFS? He gets a 12M attacking midfielder and inexplicably, for no reason at all, plays him on the left of 3 AM's. Disgusting.

Apparently because he plays there for Uruguay..no idea how they do that or what their system is though.

Tweet from Liverpool's equivalent of BBC Solent.

@bbcmerseysport: Inter Milan have accepted Southampton's £10.2 million bid for Liverpool target Phillipe Coutinho. Will Liverpool match that bid ?

Aye, just saw that.

Suspect they've just gone on the Daily Mail report though.

Even if we don't end up getting him, if the £10.2m bid from Saints is true, it shows a) we have big money to spend this window and b) we are looking for players in his position and of his quality. We'd probably move onto another similar target if knocked back.

Well we are leaving it late but I guess that is the Southampton way...

Hope so as i think players like Alvarez, Verdu, Cajellon etc will do better in the PL - indeed if Liverpool get Coutinho i'd look again at Ince. Coutinho looks very lightweight to me

Liverpool had bulked at the reported £7m price, I'm not sure if that accounts for the 40% sell on fee or not, it's still a hefty price.

Depends.

IF we've actually submitted a bid, and Liverpool aren't going to match it, hoping he'll turn us down and force a sale to them, I reckon they'll get a nasty shock because I reckon Tino will be able to convince him to come here, if we're the only accepted bid on the table.

Can see Inter just keeping hold of him if Liverpool don't match their valuation.

Even if we don't end up getting him, if the £10.2m bid from Saints is true, it shows a) we have big money to spend this window and b) we are looking for players in his position and of his quality. We'd probably move onto another similar target if knocked back.

Indeed. How much did we supposedly bid for Lens @ PSV?

Twitter

Our colleagues in Liverpool have tweeted that a #saintsfc bid for Coutinho has been accepted BUT source is unclear & club not commenting

6:06pm - 24 Jan 13

Quelle surprise, the current Saints board are normally so free with information about ongoing transfer targets.