Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Jim Lucas said something yesterday on twitter.

"Just heard our plans for tomorrow and I cannot wait. We´ll have plenty of content to give you"....

Surely it just can´t be that they are visiting Camp Nou??

Not saying that it has nothing to do with Coutinho on the other hand, but....

Jim Lucas said something yesterday on twitter.

"Just heard our plans for tomorrow and I cannot wait. We´ll have plenty of content to give you"....

Surely it just can´t be that they are visiting Camp Nou??

Not saying that it has nothing to do with Coutinho on the other hand, but....

To be fair, when he tweeted that, first thing I thought of was the Nou Camp tour. I was in Barca last month and thats the first thing we did. Would like to think that that's not all the excitement they have planned, as breathtaking as it was!

To be fair, when he tweeted that, first thing I thought of was the Nou Camp tour. I was in Barca last month and thats the first thing we did. Would like to think that that's not all the excitement they have planned, as breathtaking as it was!

Same. Although surprised they've bigged up something that anyone can just go and do, and especially as they've played in lots of other big stadiums, I can't see how it's such a big thing for them, unless they get to meet the Barca team etc.

Same. Although surprised they've bigged up something that anyone can just go and do, and especially as they've played in lots of other big stadiums, I can't see how it's such a big thing for them, unless they get to meet the Barca team etc.

Training with Barca? Probably not a chance!

Hmm any truth in the twitter rumours that the reason they went to Nou Camp was to complete the sale of Danny Fox?

I have seen them play several times and they don't have a player who can do the cross field ball from left back to right wing. He could be the missing piece in their jigsaw.

I think they are going to do that sex on the beach thing where you have to pass the ingredients down the line to the person at the end with a pint glass. He then drinks it. What happens in barca stays in barca.

Had a version of that when I was at Uni, pack of cards, 4 jacks and let me tell you that half of Murphy's,mixed with Cherry Brandy,Egg Flip and Cointreau is f*cking disgusting.

I have seen them play several times and they don't have a player who can do the cross field ball from left back to right wing. He could be the missing piece in their jigsaw.

I still have nightmares about that cross field ball v Reading that went slightly awry at SMS last year. Hopefully Barca haven't seen that footage and we can sell them a fantastic player who really suits their fluid style. Insert "Sarcastic smiley face"

It'll be down to whether Liverpool up their bid or not now. Rumours are they've bid £8m, but we are willing to pay £10m

Inter will say they don't want to sell, but they are cash strapped and secretly will be loving a bidding war

and all this "It'd be funny if we beat Liverpool again". Let's be realistic here. Did they even bid for Gaston? and Forren would have joined them if they'd showed anymore interest other than a trial

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-have-offered-more-than-liverpool-for-coutinho-and-int

Southampton have offered more than Liverpool for Coutinho and Inter want a sale quickly

Coutinho to Liverpool almost seemed done a few days ago. The Liverpool Echo said Coutinho was 'set to become Liverpool FC's second January signing'.

There is still the possibility of that happening but the proposed deal has hit several bumps in the transfer road. The first being that Inter Milan rejected their initial bid as The Guardian thought they probably would. The second bump was Coutinho telling the Italian press, covered by Calciomercato and others, that he didn't much fancy a move to Merseyside, something else which the club was thought to be able to overcome. The latest bump comes in the form of Southampton and their new manager Mauricio Pochettino.

The Argentine had Coutinho on loan at Espanyol from last January until the end of last season. He did well but had to return to Inter Milan because the Barcelona club would have had little chance of getting near the transfer fee required for the player.Today's Gazzetta dello Sport says that Southampton have put a bid in for the player since Pochettino took over the club and that bid is stated as being €11m, which is €3m more than Liverpool had bid, according to the famous pink newspaper, but still €4m less than Inter Milan want for the midfielder.

Inter Milan want €15m for Coutinho because they want to buy Paulinho from Corinthians, and the Brazilian club want €15m for him. Even though they've sold Wesley Sneijder they cannot finance the move without a sale and Gazzetta say that a compromise could be accepting €13m for Coutinho and then seeing if Corinthians will do the same for Paulinho.

Sounds a bit complicated doesn't it, which probably means it will be sorted out by the end of the day in this mad world of transfers!

Edited by trousers

davidanderson_normal.jpgDavid Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson

Southampton are trying to nick Coutinho from under Liverpool's noses. They will pay £10m. Liverpool £8m.

davidanderson_normal.jpgDavid Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson

No word yet on which club Coutinho would prefer. Does he really want to join a relegation fight at Saints or does the money mean more?

He goes onto say...

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson

@LouisAlbertoB There's something big happening at Saints. Cortese has plenty of dough and will back Pochettino heavily.

If they want rid of Coutinho to buy Paulinho...what don't we just buy Paulinho?

Why not? I have an image of Cortese with a big list of all the transfer gossip and just getting on the phone to random lcubs going "I see (generic big club) have made a bid for x player, whatever they are paying we will pay £3 million more"

Quite funny reading that forum. I've just spoke to my mate who is a Liverpool fan, said if they want him, they'll get him as there is no reason why he'd come to St mary's instead...

Oh and apparently they were never interested in Gaston and Forren was just a trial but weren't that fussed....LOL

Quite funny reading that forum. I've just spoke to my mate who is a Liverpool fan, said if they want him, they'll get him as there is no reason why he'd come to St mary's instead...

Oh and apparently they were never interested in Gaston and Forren was just a trial but weren't that fussed....LOL

They have an app for this that generates these things.

Player X being signed is the next Dalglish/Keegan/Souness/Hansen and is delighted to sign for the biggest club in the world.

Player X not being signed is unknown/unproven/greedy/injury prone/liverpool weren't even interested/well below the calibre of player for the greatest lcub in the world.

Liverpools budget is smaller than ours I would imagine, esp after them signing Sturridge (for way over the odds).

Their offer of 8m is way short of their 15m valuation...

This time two years ago, I was still ****ed off after watching Saints lose 2-0 to Tranmere the previous day.

Now I'm watching in amazement as it looks like we might be about to steal a third transfer target from under Liverpool's noses.

Never ceases to amaze me, either.

Not long ago we were looking to Nicholas Bignall to improve our attack - Now it's Coutinho

Liverpools budget is smaller than ours I would imagine, esp after them signing Sturridge (for way over the odds).

Their offer of 8m is way short of their 15m valuation...

Sturridge has looked class for them. Their problems stem back to King Kenny's reign and the well documented over-spenidng he oversaw.

Inter seemed think otherwise as their GM has just come out and claimed they have never made a bid for him.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Belhanda twist. Inter gm Branca: "We are sorry to contradict Montpellier president's words, but we have never bid for Belhanda"

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield

RT: “@MirrorAnderson: Contrary to some reports, Liverpool say Ian Ayre has not flown to Italy to negotiate with Inter over Coutinho

Looks promising. if true can see Liverpool backtracking to avoid embarrassment of knowing they have been outbid...