Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

I've a couple of friends who are season ticket holders at Anfield.

They aren't impressed!

Youngest Son was indoctrinated by the ex wife & inlaws as a Scouser.

He had a hissy fit over Forren, and hasn't spoken to me for two days over this. Just keeps scowling from under his hoodie in that annoying Skater Dude way.

Youngest Son was indoctrinated by the ex wife & inlaws as a Scouser.

He had a hissy fit over Forren, and hasn't spoken to me for two days over this. Just keeps scowling from under his hoodie in that annoying Skater Dude way.

they speak to you more often than every couple of weeks or so ? I must be really bad parent then.

they speak to you more often than every couple of weeks or so ? I must be really bad parent then.

Mainly along the lines of Dad any food left in? When you going to the booze shop? Can I watch the Scouser game on the big telly tonight.

He's 24 & moved back down here with work but can't afford his own place yet so no, you're fine

Your always at the bloody ballet no doubt!

no seriously though Tokes, I like the ballet, well certain ballets anyway, I also like Opera and am usually willing to tolerate popular musicals with strange if there's a chance of leg-over. Used to be a big leg-over with strange fan.

On the offspring front I have one who's a naval officer somewhere in the Indian Ocean and one who's always in strange places looking for new marine life so you kinda get used to them not checking in very often.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Is anybody else not that excited by the prospect of signing him? Would rather we were after world-class defenders, rather than cluttering up the place with more attacking midfielders.

As I am not yet up to speed with MPs plans I can't quite see how we're gong to fit another AM in, given that I presume AL is still in our plans. Instead of Puncheon perhaps but I don't honestly think we've seen all he has to offer yet because Punch, he defends pretty well when needed.

Is anybody else not that excited by the prospect of signing him? Would rather we were after world-class defenders, rather than cluttering up the place with more attacking midfielders.

With Lallana out injured and Mayuka in Africa, we've been playing Guly Do Prado and Steve De Ridder. Would you not like some more competition for the 3 attacking midfielders in the 4-2-3-1 system?

In any case, why do you think signing Coutinho means they won't strengthen elsewhere? They can do more than one deal at once, plus we have signed an international centre back already this window.

Edited by Matthew Le God

With Lallana out injured and Mayuka in Africa, we've been playing Guly Do Prado and Steve De Ridder. Would you not like some more competition for the 3 attacking midfielders in the 4-2-3-1 system?

In any case, why do you think signing Coutinho means they won't strengthen elsewhere? They can do more than one deal at once, plus we have signed an international centre back already this window.

Factually proven that Cortese couldn't finish off the Forren signing because he was too busy with MP's deal ;)

Factually proven that Cortese couldn't finish off the Forren signing because he was too busy with MP's deal ;)

couldn't have Adkins presenting him with his shirt on Thursday and getting sacked on Friday though could we. I just think we had

correct tweet, Forren wanted to make sure that Pochettino wanted him here.

As I am not yet up to speed with MPs plans I can't quite see how we're gong to fit another AM in, given that I presume AL is still in our plans. Instead of Puncheon perhaps but I don't honestly think we've seen all he has to offer yet because Punch, he defends pretty well when needed.

It's about having a quality squad, not just a quality first 11.

Would you not rather have an option like Puncheon/Coutinho/Lallana come off the bench instead of SDR or Chaplow? Or Rodriguez player out of position?

Our quality in depth in those positions is woeful.

When one of the first choice 3 are injured we have very little to bring in, I think we need someone else in that role for sure, especially with our current backup being De Ridder.

TBF Nixon appears to be speculating rather than reporting info in this case (which has often proven correct). "Unlikely to fancy" seems like his two pence. Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree. Either he doesn't know much about our activity this window or we aren't doing much as he's been very quiet on us.

I am mindful of the fact that in about 2-3 weeks Lallana and Mayuka are both going to be back. If we were to bring another CAM in I'd rather they were a big strong player, not yet another flair player as we already seem to have an abundance of them.

I know we signed Forren, who based on being a Norwegian international I wouldn't straight off put as 'world-class', but we could certainly do with cover at LB, because IMO Fox is nowhere near up to the task. I'm well aware we can sign more than one player, but personally if we are looking to shift another £10m-£12m on an attacker I'd rather it was someone with a bit more experience and a different style of play to Coutinho.

Am I the only one kinda worried about doing a Pompey and spending all our parachute money before we've even got it?

If we keep making signings like this, unless someone is willing to put their hand in their pocket and gift us some money, we are f*cked if we go down.

yep.......definitely...

when you look at swansea team starting tonight.........the whole 1st 11 costs less than Ramirez and Rodriguez

Am I the only one kinda worried about doing a Pompey and spending all our parachute money before we've even got it?

If we keep making signings like this, unless someone is willing to put their hand in their pocket and gift us some money, we are f*cked if we go down.

I would like to think / hope that Cortese ( being a very successful business man) has all angles covered should we f up =\

Got to trust the decision-makers, but this transfer seems like a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a risk. Doesn't feel right to me.

We definitely need another forward player who can play wide though.

I would of been happy if we did this last summer, bought quality and let them settle, seems amatuerville to do so now and almsot like Cortese is conceding he made a mistake now by "panic buying" and paying over the odds, a huge gamble with our clubs future.

I would of been happy if we did this last summer, bought quality and let them settle, seems amatuerville to do so now and almsot like Cortese is conceding he made a mistake now by "panic buying" and paying over the odds, a huge gamble with our clubs future.

I think one thing we should all have learnt over the last few days especially is that 'our club' is most definitely not 'our club'

I think one thing we should all have learnt over the last few days especially is that 'our club' is most definitely not 'our club'

Its apparent now but I have known that from day one and also said it, people who call Cortese the "Don" in their own silly little complimentary way are correct. Its a regime and we all go along like sheep as long as we win and dont get relegated.

To be fair, if I was a young Brazilian flair player I would have to seriously think about leaving Inter (one of the biggest clubs in the world). Despite some of our delusions of grandeur we aren't anywhere near the level of Liverpool in terms of pull. If he does sign, it will be probably because we offer him a decent deal and there are relevant clauses if we get relegated etc.

I still think we may get him, but it will drag out rather than be sorted quickly.

Its apparent now but I have known that from day one and also said it, people who call Cortese the "Don" in their own silly little complimentary way are correct. Its a regime and we all go along like sheep as long as we win and dont get relegated.

You have an alternative strategy that will work perhaps? I have supported Saints for 60 years and what Dellman says is true - it has always been my team who I support but it has never been my club that I belong to or have any influence over and it never will be. We are no different as a club to most of the others in the league are we?

How do we know it isn't a kitty put aside by Markus Liebherr for when we reached the premiership / complete the 5 year plan ?

How do we know it isn't a kitty put aside by Markus Liebherr for when we reached the premiership / complete the 5 year plan ?

Getting a loan out sort of hints at there not being one.

You have to be a fool not to be concerned that we are already spending our parachute money and probably have a massive wage bill.