Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Why lol. Nothing wrong at all

Oh come on, on here everything is Boruc's fault - didn't you know that?

I quite like the nutty Pole in the goal, he might be a bit of an acquired taste but he does add a bit of colour to proceedings and will turn out to be a fine GK given half a chance IMO.

To be fair i will have kittens if we get him permanantly! The rest of the season on loan looks a lot more realistic than that though... And i'd still be chuffed!

they all look good in pussy leagues like the Calcio, wait until Vidic or Kompany sorts him out a couple of times, won't look anywhere near as fancy. PSG bought a couple of expensive players from Milan and even in the fairly pussy Ligue 1 they look a bit lightweight.

Edited by Window Cleaner

tancredipalmeri: Coutinho's agent to FcInterNews: "Aston Villa contacted us, they want him. But with all due respect to the offer, still nothing concrete"

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=102995

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose

I'm told today from the Midlands, A Villa will not be spending a significant amount of money or bring in many players this transfer window

Edited by trousers

Lol, the Moose is worse than Barry Sanchez. Probably means Villa will smash their transfer record now.

The good news for Villa and Paul Lambert is Big Ron was on Five today and has given him his backing and said Villa shouldn't sack him and he'll turn it round. That shot in the arm for them can only spell trouble for us on saturday.

Can I ask an Alpine-esque question? Why don't the clubs do all this fart arsing around negotiation stuff BEFORE the window starts and then just rubber stamp things in the window itself? Isn't that a win-win for all parties?

It is bizarre - its just the way it is. I guess clubs want to create auctions for players and players want to wait to get the best club they can.

Its nigh on impossible to be the club that does it differently as you are so dependent on the selling club and the player.

Can I ask an Alpine-esque question? Why don't the clubs do all this fart arsing around negotiation stuff BEFORE the window starts and then just rubber stamp things in the window itself? Isn't that a win-win for all parties?

I guess no one wants to waste time and effort on something without seeing it through to the very end.

Imagine thinking you had a player lined up for months, only for the player/agent/club etc to start ****ing around when the window finally opens.

Of course, some deals are clearly done and just formalised when the window opens but it's not the norm, unfortunately for us.

surely that would put hundreds of "journalists" out of employment and with the Eurozone unemployment rate being what it is that would not be desirable.

The good news for Villa and Paul Lambert is Big Ron was on Five today and has given him his backing and said Villa shouldn't sack him and he'll turn it round.

That shot in the arm for them can only spell trouble for us on saturday.

..who was it said ? ........" the vote of confidence normally comes about two weeks before the manager is sacked ....."

Imagine thinking you had a player lined up for months, only for the player/agent/club etc to start ****ing around when the window finally opens.

Have some kind of legally binding pre-contract agreement maybe? A bit like a house where you go through two phases of purchase..... exchange of contracts and then completion

Actually, the solution is to get rid of the daft transfer windows in the first place...

Have some kind of legally binding pre-contract agreement maybe? A bit like a house where you go through two phases of purchase..... exchange of contracts and then completion

Actually, the solution is to get rid of the daft transfer windows in the first place...

Guess it can't be anything too formal, may breach Fifa rules or something

Something that seems to be spectacularly misunderstood, even by the Southampton management....

Or could it possible be that it never benefits the selling club to sell a player that way unless the buyer gives them what they want...

And with all our targets now the selling club demands more than we are willing to pay straight away.......(we might pay that in the end but the correct business move is to never agree on the selling clubs demand from the start)

Selling club will always look for bidding wars between multiple buyers...

Or could it possible be that it never benefits the selling club to sell a player that way unless the buyer gives them what they want...

And with all our targets now the selling club demands more than we are willing to pay straight away.......(we might pay that in the end but the correct business move is to never agree on the selling clubs demand from the start)

Selling club will always look for bidding wars between multiple buyers...

This is the issue it in now way benefits the selling club because they have a player who know's he is going elsewhere so lacks motivation and the selling club can't get a replacement, leaves the selling club and the player in limbo. There is also the injury risk to the buying club if you commit to buy a player who then crocks himself.

There is also the the fact that most clubs don't want to sell their better players.

A few months ago I doubt Cagliari would have thought that they may be forced to sell their best assets for lower prices, they agreed a deal for Astori to Spartak for more than we are offering but the deal fell through. I would think that Coutinho in the summer might have flet he had a chance at a regular starting place, 6 months later he's been on the bench a lot and is thinking that he should maybe leave permanently and maybe Inter who are cutting costs are having their hand forced more than before.

Things change all the time in football, I doubt Astori and Coutinho would have been on our radar a few months ago, but circumstances change, the player becomes available and we then look to take advantage.

sky sports:The agent of Inter Milan winger Philippe Countinho suggested earlier on Thursday that Aston Villa had enquired as to the availability of his client. Villa have now sought to distance themselves from such reports

No distancing from us then!

sky sports:The agent of Inter Milan winger Philippe Countinho suggested earlier on Thursday that Aston Villa had enquired as to the availability of his client. Villa have now sought to distance themselves from such reports

Wonder if the original paper-link was being spun by the agent to increase any offers from us.

Think this will be another one that drags on.

Something that seems to be spectacularly misunderstood, even by the Southampton management....

OK if our management are that incompetent, then which other club has achieved this simple task? Other then the massively inflated Sturridge move (I am sure we would have got all of our targets in the summer twice their market value!), I would love know who has out executed us, and where we have missed out?

are you joking?

Personally i think we have no chance. He's one of the best players out there.

The problem I have with Youtube clips is that it always reminds me of the Episode of Mike Bassett when an agent shows him a video of a player and he sees all these wonderful goals being scored and buys the player, just to find out he's actually bought the Goalkeeper in the videos.

:lol:

The problem I have with Youtube clips is that it always reminds me of the Episode of Mike Bassett when an agent shows him a video of a player and he sees all these wonderful goals being scored and buys the player, just to find out he's actually bought the Goalkeeper in the videos.

:lol:

Also Delgado and De Ridder had great youtube videos

OK if our management are that incompetent, then which other club has achieved this simple task? Other then the massively inflated Sturridge move (I am sure we would have got all of our targets in the summer twice their market value!), I would love know who has out executed us, and where we have missed out?

Also - if you agree a transfer ready for the window - what happens if that player then breaks his leg a week before the transfer! You're stuck with him. A club wouldn't let you back down from it, why would they if you agreed to it! It's that or they are going to pay their player and not play him? Again no club would do that either!