Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Of course we can, anyone can.

However - anyone who can't see our approach is better than WH or QPR is from the Mongo Jerry school of thinking.

Are you a Mongo Jerry?

I know you can..but all of a sudden, spending way beyond our means is now all ok as we will DEFINITELY re coup as said players will be a hit......

football is a funny old game...

I know you can..but all of a sudden, spending way beyond our means is now all ok as we will DEFINITELY re coup as said players will be a hit......

It is - but if a Chairman like Cortese couldnt recoup the money on a player like Ramirez he would be pretty woeful.

He is clearly worth what we paid for him. Any Prem team who is interested knows they would get a player who has adpated to the League.

Besides, NC is probably confident we will stay up. But IMO we could easily make 30m plus on the first day after any relegation by selling a few players. We have lots of players teams would want.

It is - but if a Chairman like Cortese couldnt recoup the money on a player like Ramirez he would be pretty woeful.

He is clearly worth what we paid for him. Any Prem team who is interested knows they would get a player who has adpated to the League.

Besides, NC is probably confident we will stay up. But IMO we could easily make 30m plus on the first day after any relegation by selling a few players. We have lots of players teams would want.

I agree...totally...with a large player turnover from the first 11....immediate promotion would be very very difficult...

Of course we can, anyone can.

However - anyone who can't see our approach is better than WH or QPR is from the Mongo Jerry school of thinking.

Are you a Mongo Jerry?

Ah Mungo Jerry...Jug Band

Would not be acceptable as politically correct in our day and age, advocated treatment of girls according to parental revenue.

Not to mention DUI

Edited by Window Cleaner

Been asking around on an Inter fore arm. So far all I've got is;

"There seems to be an offer of 12m for Coutinho from Southampton.

The club is evaluating as it would depend on the situation with Alvarez and Wes (two others likely to be sold).

My personal opinion is Southhampton should keep their grubby mitts away from Coutinho. You guys already got Ramirez and we want to keep Cou"

I agree...totally...with a large player turnover from the first 11....immediate promotion would be very very difficult...

So the other option is to have players on lower wages, who would be less coveted by other teams but who probably arent as good.

IMO Im pleased we are giving it a go, would rather bring in good players that we might lose if we went down because their quality is generally more likely to keep us up.

Been asking around on an Inter fore arm. So far all I've got is;

"There seems to be an offer of 12m for Coutinho from Southampton.

The club is evaluating as it would depend on the situation with Alvarez and Wes (two others likely to be sold).

My personal opinion is Southhampton should keep their grubby mitts away from Coutinho. You guys already got Ramirez and we want to keep Cou"

That's just amazing, Inter Milan fans, yep Inter Milan, are asking us to keep our mits off of one of their best young players. Who on earth saw this as a possibility a few years back? Our rise is incredible really when you think about it.

A lot of thanks to ML, for sure.

That's just amazing, Inter Milan fans, yep Inter Milan, are asking us to keep our mits off of one of their best young players. Who on earth saw this as a possibility a few years back? Our rise is incredible really when you think about it.

This is one of the best things I've read on here in a while.

Our La Liga expert David Cartlidge gave us his view on Coutinho based on his spell at the Cornella last season:

"The Brazilian was a key fixture for Espanyol despite being on loan, as he provided a real creative impetus and vibrancy. He has the skill, technique and confidence you'd expected from a Brazilian attacking midfielder.

"The only negative is perhaps his fondness of attempting to do it all on his own. If the boy can get his head up, he'll be a huge success."

Impressive youtube video? Needs keep his head up while he has the ball? Sounds like a Brazilian Steve De Ridder.

better, but that doesn't mean we won't still be up **** creek if we get relegated.

Most teams are screwed when they get relegated, unless they keep their best players which isnalways hard.

But I would rather fight to stay up by signing good players rather than worry about relegation now before it even happens.

Most teams are screwed when they get relegated, unless they keep their best players which isnalways hard.

But I would rather fight to stay up by signing good players rather than worry about relegation now before it even happens.

fingers got burnt the last time we gambled. Some it seems never learn.

Yep, I agree. It feels like only yesterday when Celtic fans were saying similar things about Gary Hooper

Didn't get a lot wrong regarding us in the summer...

I'm sure we are genuinely interested in both, but also sure there are games being played. Would say we're a lot more likely to sign Astori than Coutinho.

Let's be honest, the players are clearly going to be more keen to move to the likes of Liverpool, Milan etc, you can't blame them for that, but it depends on who has made a bid. The lure of the premier league was enough for Gaston as Spurs and Liverpool didn't back up their interest (if they had any). Astori will move to us if we are the only option IMO as the league and money is a step up on Cagliari.

Coutinho is at a traditonal massive club, one of the biggest in the world but if he's not playing and they are short on cash it;s viable.

Is there anyone else actually interested in Coutinho? I've seen a Milan, Liverpool and Everton mentioned about Astori but only us in the hunt for Coutinho.

Always worries we when you see the phrases "One of the best young talents in the world" and "Cannot get into the Inter first team" in the same thread.

Lescott can't get in the Man City first team but he's way better than any defender we have and probably better than any centre back outside the top 6.

Inter are one of the biggest clubs in the world, He's played 11 times for them this seasons including 5 in the Champions league, I think an Inter rotation player is good enough for relegation battling Saints.

Always worries we when you see the phrases "One of the best young talents in the world" and "Cannot get into the Inter first team" in the same thread.

Probably because he is good but not one of the best young players in the world. Just saintsweb have decided he is

Edited by Thedelldays

Depends on where the cash/funding is coming from. Dont think anyone wants us to spend beyond our means, but is hopeful that whatever legacy Marcus left is funding this from within our means.... would be nice to know for sure, but I simply cant belive having rescud the club form teh scheidt we were in, Nicola would risk it all through a desperate attempt to stay up without thinking of the worse consequences of major debt

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/coutinho/profil/spieler_80444.html

Yet it adds up to

Had a fair few injuries for a 20 year old.

I would like another DM too, Cork/Morgan in there together is good but if one can't play or is moved to a different position to cover an injury we will struggle to control the middle of the park against most sides.

Yet it adds up to less time than lallana in 2012?

He looks an interesting player, but from the videos his final ball/shot is poor half the time. And Inter loaned him out so he can't yet be top premier class.

That said he seems to fit the mold of player we go for in the young and exciting "will increase in value" sort of way. I feel sorry for puncheon but this lad is a class above. Although in the videos he seems to be running down the left or middle. Not the right. Ads on the way out perhaps? Surely not, but we aren't going to drop Gaston now are we...

He looks an interesting player, but from the videos his final ball/shot is poor half the time. And Inter loaned him out so he can't yet be top premier class.

That said he seems to fit the mold of player we go for in the young and exciting "will increase in value" sort of way. I feel sorry for puncheon but this lad is a class above. Although in the videos he seems to be running down the left or middle. Not the right. Ads on the way out perhaps? Surely not, but we aren't going to drop Gaston now are we...

Or Ads is injured....

He's played on the right for Inter this season, seems he can play right, left, up front or in the hole. Mainly played on left cutting in for Espanyol when I saw him. Doubt it matters much though he's decent enough on his left foot so I'm sure he could play on the right. Lallana could also easily play on the right but I'm not sure Puncheon would have much sucess on the left.

It's all about options, we are lucky that Puncheon has stepped up this season as we seem to be lacking in these positions and our transfer rumours both in the summer window and this have indicated this as we have been linked with a lot of wingers/wide players.

It's just about strength in depth isn't it though?

Adam is still injured, we don't know how long for. Were Ramirez or Puncheon to also get injured, we're then down to De Ridder starting, probably. You have to move, you have to get better than what you have as well. If this guy is better than Adam, or Puncheon, then we move on and improve.

Sentimentality has pretty much gone from football; results-driven business and all that guff - but we have to do the same as everyone else which is constantly improve.

For a few more games maybe. You won't base a signing this big on the need to cover an injured player fro a few weeks.

It wouldnt be based on that alone no, he could quite easily do a job for us anyway.

For what it is worth, I have heard several people mentioning Easter for Lallanas return.

Interesting signing. I had dinner with a Saints player at the weekend (family friend), I asked him what was Gaston like in training? He replied he was a different level, the only problem really that only Lallana could match his footballing brain and other players are still struggling to read his passing, by this player's own admission it is down to them, not Gaston, everything he does seems to be "worldy".

He also told me how long Lallana will be out for, I won't say on here how long but long enough, IMO, for us to get someone else in - especially a player of Coutinho's class on a loan.

Watching Coutinho it's interesting that often he shoots like Rivaldo: with a toe-poke so it's too quick for the keeper and that he he knows where the space is so is happy to flick it and run, relying on his speed. He also, while being mostly right-footed, likes to address (i.e. kick-forward in little pushes, as you do) the ball with his foot turned slightly in and into the centre of the ball so he can go either inside or outside - I like that.

As for Gaston, if you watch him, often you'll see that he points to where he wants a return ball played and if players played with their heads up when they receive the ball they'd read him a lot easier in that regard. He too, knows where the space is and looks to push the ball into it and make use of it. He also has very good awareness of where other players are, both sets, but the team really should look to give him three options: two short, one long, but not so short that space is constrained. They do seem very static when he gets the ball, as they are otherwise tbh. A problem with English players.