Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

As apposed to our recent record of admin, two relegations and then our incredible unstoppable juggernaught like rampage to runners up in League One and the championship and a JPT trophy, yes?

Ugh?....my point is ..that he's been " sold " the historical version of Liverpool's former grandeur and rejected us in favour of that?.

Can't see any other (obvious) reason? ...given our own recent successes, and his previous experience of MP at Espanyol.....

Maybe he's one of those players with an " attitude" or has disciplinary problems ....and didn't like MO's (reputed) hard-line methods?

Ugh?....my point is ..that he's been " sold " the historical version of Liverpool's former grandeur and rejected us in favour of that?.

Can't see any other (obvious) reason? ...given our own recent successes, and his previous experience of MP at Espanyol.....

Maybe he's one of those players with an " attitude" or has disciplinary problems ....and didn't like MO's (reputed) hard-line methods?

They are also 7th and we are 15th, they will also most definitely be in the league next year, whereas with us it's less certain.

I can see your point but to him he's joining one the biggest supported clubs in the world, and one of the few big clubs where he will most likely get into the first team.

I'm also doubting our interest in this, Inter didn't need to sell so I can't see them accepting a lower offer, which to me puts our improved off into doubt.

They are also 7th and we are 15th, they will also most definitely be in the league next year, whereas with us it's less certain.

I can see your point but to him he's joining one the biggest supported clubs in the world, and one of the few big clubs where he will most likely get into the first team.

I'm also doubting our interest in this, Inter didn't need to sell so I can't see them accepting a lower offer, which to me puts our improved off into doubt.

I don't disagree with your point but even that might be in doubt. Liverpool's purchases have been pretty poor in recent seasons....Torres couldn't get into the side for a long time ...and as for Carroll :uhoh: .....if it wasn't for Suarez and his handball issues and his diving tactics, they wouldn't even be where they are today...paying out big money for a reputation is no guarantee of success - is it ?

.goodness knows what they'll be like as a team after Stevie G, retires..?

I don´t rate Rodgers at all either and am a bit puzzled if Coutinho will fit in there at all.

Rodgers want to play pass pass pass pass all the way. Coutinho in my view is more a great one-on-one player that loves his dribbles etc.

Well, time will tell.

I don´t rate Rodgers at all either and am a bit puzzled if Coutinho will fit in there at all.

Rodgers want to play pass pass pass pass all the way. Coutinho in my view is more a great one-on-one player that loves his dribbles etc.

Well, time will tell.

Suarez? Sterling? Think he will be fine.

From SSN:

Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho has arrived at Melwood ahead of his move to Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers confirmed yesterday that talks were ongoing between Liverpool and Inter Milan, but the deal looks to have taken a big step forward with Coutinho's appearance on Merseyside.

Tim Vickery less than effusive about Coutinho, and a couple of fairly negative comments from Inter fans: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21229538

According to the BBC this morning (and apologies if already posted) Milanese sportswriter Ramazotti has reservations on Coutinho. Perhaps we've been spared a disappointing signing:

0910:

TRANSFER LATEST

Liverpool have agreed an £8.5m deal for Inter Milan's Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho, but the 20-year-old remains a player for the future rather than a star of the present.

Andrea Ramazzotti, who covers Inter for Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport and has watched all Coutinho's 28 games for the club, told BBC Sport: "He just didn't show his potential in Milan. Coutinho played very well when he was on loan at Espanyol last season, and started well for Inter this season, but they were only brief spells really.

"For the rest of the time he just showed flashes of his potential and I fear the way of playing in England, which can be very physical, will not suit him, because he has a slight frame."

(I would much rather that we went for Ince since Reading are after him now.)

(I would much rather that we went for Ince since Reading are after him now.)

I was never very excited about Coutinho but I've always wanted to see us make a move for Ince. All the more so because Puncheon is still a big question mark - in terms of whether we want to sign him, whether he wants an extension with us, and whether - with his past attitude issues - he'll still perform well without contract expiry on the horizon.

And if Reading are in for him I'd be highly p*ssed off if we don't step in at the last minute.