Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

:lol:

So I simply ask a question wondering IF Ince's hamstring injury could have been an issue in their pursuit of Coutinho (I honestly thought most people would get the young players & Hamstrings & Liverpool link = Owen's early days)

And woosh

MLG decides I am talking about a different player, shoots and scores.

:lol:

Sorry MLG still love you

Don't think height is an issue. Being short is increasingly an advantage IMO but if you are short better to be on the stockier side, especially if you're taking on players alot, to take advantage of that low centre of gravity.

Not always as more muscle mass can decrease your flexibilty and agility, meaning you can't turn as quickly or easily which would effect dribbling. Also extra upper body muscle mass could decrease acceleration and put more strain on your legs thus more injuries.

Look at someone like Rooney, pretty stocky fellow, isn't axactly known for his jinking runs and when not 100% fit an look laboured and slow in possesion.

Or say the difference between Bale and Silva.

Silva is slight and short so can jink his was through tights spaces with quick feet, goot balance and agility.

Bale who is taller and stronger, uses power and pace to blast past opponents, rather than jink past them.

Edited by tajjuk

It was a clear typo, thought I'd try and get away with it with a quick cheeky edit. But failed. :p

Everything else in that post was clearly about Blackpool (fixtures and teammate Matt Phillips), I was reading about Crystal Palace selling Zaha to Man Utd whilst typing and my brain couldn't cope doing two things at once clearly. I am and was always fully aware who Tom Ince plays for.

What Turkish overlooks though is he is wrong and Ince played throughout the last 3 months.

Not being funny, but why was that post clearly about Blackpools fixtures ? Could've been anyones, even Palace.

Not always as more muscle mass can decrease your flexibilty and agility, meaning you can't turn as quickly or easily which would effect dribbling. Also extra upper body muscle mass could decrease acceleration and put more strain on your legs thus more injuries.

Look at someone like Rooney, pretty stocky fellow, isn't axactly known for his jinking runs and when not 100% fit an look laboured and slow in possesion.

True -I also think the whole move to tiki taka football has helped shorter players who are closer to the football, helping them keep better control of it. But that's more about possession football than the ability to take players on.

Not being funny, but why was that post clearly about Blackpools fixtures ? Could've been anyones, even Palace.

Because Blackpool and Palace didn't play on the same dates in that period. For example Tom Ince played for Blackpool on Friday night Sky game on 21st December, Palace played on the 22nd. So I was clearly using Blackpool's fixtures, why would I do that if I didn't think Ince played for Blackpool?

Anyway, bored now.

Coutinho - Ramirez - Lallana

What an attacking midfield behind Lambert that would be!

Edited by Matthew Le God

True -I also think the whole move to tiki taka football has helped shorter players who are closer to the football, helping them keep better control of it.

Indeed, Messi is not only one of the world's greatest footballers but at 5' 7" and a slight frame he has shown that skill and ability are more important than physical attributes.

More strict refereeing also helps the smaller players.

Getting the balance right in terms of muscle is something where there isn't a one rule fits all policy, different players need to train different ways.

Because Blackpool and Palace didn't play on the same dates in that period. For example Tom Ince played for Blackpool on Friday night Sky game on 21st December, Palace played on the 22nd.

Ok fair enough, but that's hardly what I'd call clear, not unless you took the trouble to go onto both their websites and look up the fixture list dates.

Indeed, Messi is not only one of the world's greatest footballers but at 5' 7" and a slight frame he has shown that skill and ability are more important than physical attributes.

More strict refereeing also helps the smaller players.

Getting the balance right in terms of muscle is something where there isn't a one rule fits all policy, different players need to train different ways.

Tho Messi has bulked up significantly - quite apart from his skill and ability, I would say being short is a physical attribute that's helped Messi (as well as Xavi, Iniesta etc). The simple physics of a game that's played with feet on the deck and requires close control and coordination, presaged by the move to a shorter passing game, makes football ideally suited to shorter players.

Tho Messi has bulked up significantly - quite apart from his skill and ability, I would say being short is a physical attribute that's helped Messi (as well as Xavi, Iniesta etc). The simple physics of a game that's played with feet on the deck and requires close control and coordination, presaged by the move to a shorter passing game, makes football ideally suited to shorter players.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Warwick_Davis_interviewed_2.jpg/220px-Warwick_Davis_interviewed_2.jpg

sign him up, sign him up...

Just get the feeling that we are getting overly excited about a player based on his youtube videos! I read the guy has only started 3 games for Inter this season, is that because he's been injured or is his position just blocked by a better player? I would quite like to see us go for Ince and I've always thought Phillips has looked good when playing against us. Been quite proud of the fact our team has come up and now continued to use a good number of home based players not sure I'm keen on a future team full of overseas players like at Chelsea.

Just get the feeling that we are getting overly excited about a player based on his youtube videos! I read the guy has only started 3 games for Inter this season, is that because he's been injured or is his position just blocked by a better player? I would quite like to see us go for Ince and I've always thought Phillips has looked good when playing against us. Been quite proud of the fact our team has come up and now continued to use a good number of home based players not sure I'm keen on a future team full of overseas players like at Chelsea.

who'd have thought it!!!

If you believe what you read online the lad really does not fancy coming here,Liverpool is his preferred choice but they will not go over €8 mill when Milan want €12-13,but they are desperate to sell to buy Paulinho,the only way I can see him coming here is if Liverpool pull out completely and Inter tell him he is not wanted.

Only 3 league starts, 5 champions league starts as well. It's Inter though, would be like saying Marin isn't good enough for us because he doesn't play for Chelsea.

Were there no photos of Micky Skate Quinn?

101fatty1_800x483.jpg

@tancredipalmeri: Many asking on a Tottenham bid on Coutinho. So far had no confirmation of that

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=302393.msg11323369#msg11323369

Reply #719 on:Today at 02:02:01 PM »

Ok, let's have some fun. Let's make up a twitter rumour re: Coutinho and see how many retweets we can get. Make it plausible.

I'll send it from my @statsdan account, you guys RT it we'll get the ball rolling.

a5161ee29b48fecde7f6bf599852d25d_normal.jpegDan Burt ‏@statsdan

#Skyitalia reporting #Spurs have had a £9.5m bid for Coutinho provisonally accepted. Morratti: "There is interest." #LFC