Philipe Coutinho - Medical at Liverpool

itchen_dan

Anfield In The Know @anfielditk

Coutinho is on the flight with Ian Ayre back to Anfield for a Medical and to agree terms. Deal to be announced before the weekend

According to lots of people Ian Ayre never even went to Italy.

IMHO I think Inter are playing a game with Liverpool to up the bid as I can't see why Saints would sign someone in the region of 11m that's only played a few games.

Lenny Aidefors ‏@lfcindex

If Coutinho ends up in Southampton it means he's not good enough. As soon as we are linked with a player he is suddenly a huge talent

:facepalm:

I actually think Lenny has got this the wrong way round!

If Cortese has got a masterplan for tearing the Prem a new one he is certainly going to take a lot of the old guard by surprise...

According to lots of people Ian Ayre never even went to Italy.

IMHO I think Inter are playing a game with Liverpool to up the bid as I can't see why Saints would sign someone in the region of 11m that's only played a few games.

You might be right, but he did play well for Pochettino at Espanyol.

Lenny Aidefors ‏@lfcindex

If Coutinho ends up in Southampton it means he's not good enough. As soon as we are linked with a player he is suddenly a huge talent

:facepalm:

What like Jordan Henderson ...right. Although I think talent and Liverpool became diametrically opposed when Dalglish was manager for a while.Seem to remember telling you all at that time that according to a collaborator of Comoli he wanted Morgan but Dalglish wouldn't wear it and the price was high so he went for Henderson whose price wasn't of course high, it was just ridiculous. PL experience and all that. Kenny was a one for experience.

Alvarez too....?

http://www.thefootballfamily.com/home/?p=4282

Southampton are on the prowl in Serie A once again with a move for Inter Milan pair Ricky Alvarez and Philippe Coutinho being reported this morning.The Premier League side who were only promoted last season have already signed Gaston Ramirez from Bologna in the summer, and recently failed with a bid for Cagliari defender Davide Astori.

Attacking midfielder Alvarez has found his time at Inter Milan a tough one, with only a handful of appearances after his move from Velez Sarsfield in 2011. The player, who also represents the Argentine National team, is extremely creative, and at 24 would be available for around £9 million.

His fellow compatriot at the San Siro is another attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho who new Manager Mauricio Pochettino is extremely keen on after having the player on loan at Espanyol last season.

Coutinho is only 20, and has been linked heavily with a move to Liverpool in the past few days. He looks likely to be heading to England in the near future, with a fee of £8 million being enough to sign the talented youngster.

Southampton have the financial backing under Cortese to fund either of the deals, after spending over £30 million on players this season.

just read bits on the redandwhitekop forum...there is one poster the others reply to as if he was ITK and a trusted ITK said that our interest in him is very real and our manager was a big influence on him at Espanyol.....and they they should be worried

one scouser asked where the hell are we getting our money from

another replied that we are owned by a billionaire family, so we are richer than god

Just watched the obligatory YouTube vid on the first page. He needs a haircut and not sure he'll get the time to do his tricks in the EPL. Also, I was a bit worried that all the clips ended after he'd done his little footwork and was about to unleash a pass/shot, hardly saw what came after which makes me think he stuffed the next bit up? Could he be another Fabrice Fernandez (only better), lot's of skills but no end product?

Just watched the obligatory YouTube vid on the first page. He needs a haircut and not sure he'll get the time to do his tricks in the EPL. Also, I was a bit worried that all the clips ended after he'd done his little footwork and was about to unleash a pass/shot, hardly saw what came after which makes me think he stuffed the next bit up? Could he be another Fabrice Fernandez (only better), lot's of skills but no end product?

Most of the reports do mention his "inconsistency with final ball" but put that down to a lack of maturity rather than a lack of ability. Reminds me a bit of Lallana a few years back...

I also watched ricardo alvarez compilation he seemed to have loads of end product with most of his highlights resulting in goals!

I also remember watchin him a couple of times for inter and thinkin he looked a top player,

Would be happy with either of them to be honest but really praying theres tru in the riquelme link :-)

I also watched ricardo alvarez compilation he seemed to have loads of end product with most of his highlights resulting in goals!

I also remember watchin him a couple of times for inter and thinkin he looked a top player,

Would be happy with either of them to be honest but really praying theres tru in the riquelme link :-)

Not being funny but they are his highlights, what do you expect? Do you think his highlights would include him f*cking stuff up and making mistakes, over hittting crosses and misplacing 5 yard passes?

Not being funny but they are his highlights, what do you expect? Do you think his highlights would include him f*cking stuff up and making mistakes, over hittting crosses and misplacing 5 yard passes?

I get that but the poster above was saying how coutinhos compilation had no end product after the tricks,

I was just saying The alvarez one is the oppisite and is full of end product.

Is the 10.1million being quoted in pounds or euros? If it is £'s I think we could get better than him elsewhere tbh.

I'm pretty sure it is pounds.

The relationship with Pochettino must be a key driver in this, and our early January interest the first indication of his upcoming employment here.

I don't think Coutinho will happen. Ramirez always likely after he said he was close to joining, but get the impression that Coutinho wants to stay at Inter, but Inter want rid of him to fund Paulinho.

All smells a bit dodgy to me as his price seems to keep increasing on a daily basis...

I don't think Coutinho will happen. Ramirez always likely after he said he was close to joining, but get the impression that Coutinho wants to stay at Inter, but Inter want rid of him to fund Paulinho.

All smells a bit dodgy to me as his price seems to keep increasing on a daily basis...

Didn't Gaston's price keep increasing on a daily basis?