Chelsea away build up

Thedelldays

I really don't get why Rodriguez ever starts, frankly.

Because he leads the line very well, which anyone watching the Villa or Stoke game would see. Lambert was playing in a deeper role in those games, allowing Rodriguez to make runs in behind the defence. Rodriguez isn't lighting quick but is fast enough to worry defences, something Lambert can't do.

I am very surprised about Rickie as he was one of our best players against Villa.

Completely different game, we need someone to harrass the chelsea players and give them no time on the ball, and be able to play on the counter, thats not one of Rickie's strengths.

Links to streams on here

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?discipline=football&part=sports

and here

http://www.eplsite.com/streams.html

I am very surprised about Rickie as he was one of our best players against Villa.

I am very surprised about Rickie as he has been our best player for the last 3 years but yet again Nigel hasn't given him a shot at a big club away from home.

Can understand no Gaston as he goes missing at times away from home, but I think people need to get away from this 'lack of pace' nonsense because J Rod can do the running with Rickie playing deeper to play the balls through to him. We will hardly win an attacking header tonight. Stupid decision IMO.

Because he leads the line very well, which anyone watching the Villa or Stoke game would see. Lambert was playing in a deeper role in those games, allowing Rodriguez to make runs in behind the defence. Rodriguez isn't lighting quick but is fast enough to worry defences, something Lambert can't do.

Whatever team we play against, Rickie is be ten times more usefull than Jay. Yes, Rickies work rate isnt as good. He isnt particularly fast. But the outlet he provides for the rest of the team means that 4-5 other players have to work less! the net positive effect is huge, and frankly I`m baffled if Adkins dont see that!

I assume he (Nigel) is forfeiting this game, and saving Rickie for saturday. From our last match against chelsea it was obvious we missed what Lambert offers, thats for sure.

Whatever team we play against, Rickie is be ten times more usefull than Jay. Yes, Rickies work rate isnt as good. He isnt particularly fast. But the outlet he provides for the rest of the team means that 4-5 other players have to work less! the net positive effect is huge, and frankly I`m baffled if Adkins dont see that!

I assume he (Nigel) is forfeiting this game, and saving Rickie for saturday. From our last match against chelsea it was obvious we missed what Lambert offers, thats for sure.

Not sure about that tbh, I don't agree. In a game like this I think J-Rod offers more.

I think they should both be playing. Both have different strengths and were looking together on Saturday. Rickie is more effective in bringing the rest of the team into play. That's why his omission tonight is so baffling.

I am very surprised about Rickie as he has been our best player for the last 3 years but yet again Nigel hasn't given him a shot at a big club away from home.

He played away at Liverpool and was obviously so desperate to score against them that he was too selfish when he could have played in others who were in better positions.

Whoops!

Ah well can only hope packing out the midfield like city away and united at home keeps them out till Lambert comes on...

It's generally a good game plan though 7 of the out field to deal with their front 6 and more mobile dribblers up front with a return of Guly after Gastons shameful display out on the left against villa.

Result depends entirely which Chelsea turns up with a sly 1-0 for us or an 8-1 for them

Ah well can only hope packing out the midfield like city away and united at home keeps them out till Lambert comes on...

It's generally a good game plan though 7 of the out field to deal with their front 6 and more mobile dribblers up front with a return of Guly after Gastons shameful display out on the left against villa.

Result depends entirely which Chelsea turns up with a sly 1-0 for us or an 8-1 for them

That sums up football, no logic, just the mood, luck, form of the oppo on the day..... That's why I love it! :)