Chelsea away build up

Thedelldays

I know that..but I remember when we stayed up on goal difference...and that was very tight (charlton went down i think)....every goal matters...

ffs :scared:

When we stayed up at Charlton's expense we were 5 points clear of them. We were 2 clear at the start of the day, then we beat Everton 2-0 and they lost 2-1 at home to Sheffield Wed.

When we stayed up at Charlton's expense we were 5 points clear of them. We were 2 clear at the start of the day, then we beat Everton 2-0 and they lost 2-1 at home to Sheffield Wed.

In 96 we stayed up under Merrington on goal difference (when Ball famously told his Man City players to play for a draw in the closing minutes of their final match against Liverpool, after fans in the crowd told him Saints had gone behind against Wimbledon :lol:).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_FA_Premier_League#Final_league_table

In 96 we stayed up under Merrington on goal difference (when Ball famously told his Man City players to play for a draw in the closing minutes of their final match against Liverpool, after fans in the crowd told him Saints had gone behind against Wimbledon :lol:).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_FA_Premier_League#Final_league_table

Yes - I knew that too ;)

Anything, ANYTHING we get out of this game will be a result of the season. I can see Jos being torn apart, more so if Fox is alongside him at left back. I'd stick Davis or JWP in alongside Cork and Morgan for this one and just play with the three attacking players, perhaps Lambert, Punch and Ramirez in a 4-5-1.

I still see it being a tighter game than in the cup, but perhaps not by much. Anything but a morale shattering defeat would do.

Do a QPR put everyone behind the ball, close them down quickly and hope to score on the counter, i'd play 3 at the back and try and keep the score down.

To be honest we can't really play that way. IMO we might as well just play our normal game and see what happens.

If we sit back we will get picked off.

I'm putting a wedge on a Chelsea win...they are on fire and we never seem to turn up against the big boys away from SMS.....

If I lose my money I'll be well happy ;)

Hey - what about the 2-4 to us at the Bridge in 2002/2003 when Beatts tore Terry a new one and scored a screamer free kick from 30 yards?

Not that I'm going to The Bridge (Hope to watching it live in Dubai though) but my 2 visits there have yielded 2 wonderful victorys.

Late 60's, my 1st ever away game, 6-2 to us with Big Ron bagging 4. Away days have all been down hill ever since then!!

Chelsea got their revenge winning 5-3 at The Dell. Maybe it's our turn to exact revenge on the 5-1 Cup defeat!

76 semi final v Palarse was y other visit. Happy Days indeed.

Hoping Abu Dhabi TV will be showing the game so that i can stay out boozing till 2am, luckily not working Thurs!!

Not that I'm going to The Bridge (Hope to watching it live in Dubai though) but my 2 visits there have yielded 2 wonderful victorys.

Late 60's, my 1st ever away game, 6-2 to us with Big Ron bagging 4. Away days have all been down hill ever since then!!

Chelsea got their revenge winning 5-3 at The Dell. Maybe it's our turn to exact revenge on the 5-1 Cup defeat!

Hoping Abu Dhabi TV will be showing the game so that i can stay out boozing till 2am, luckily not working Thurs!!

I was at both of those - didn't see you there Eric!!

See you at Wigan though (don't forget to bring the cash!!)

a draw will be a fantastic result, otherwise damage limitation and hopefully we don't make a ourselves look like fools again. On a side note... I would like to see some players coming into the club soon. I thought we'd have done at least 1 big money deal by now.

a draw will be a fantastic result, otherwise damage limitation and hopefully we don't make a ourselves look like fools again. On a side note... I would like to see some players coming into the club soon. I thought we'd have done at least 1 big money deal by now.

Damage limitation would be good, we'll go down a place if we take more than a 2 goal spanking.

I fancy a flutter on this game and am not sure what to go for. While I think Chelsea will win comfortably, there's no point betting on them as the odds are too short. What would you bet on?

Hmm, I think Jos Hooiveld to score at any time at 14-1 will do, maybe he'll head in from a corner.

Well, my mates' in the Country and needs me at work at 5:30am in Scabi Dhabi (a 90 minute drive away) so no way I'm going to join you in the pub from 11:45 to 01:45.

That means you're gonna have to wait for your tasteless souvenir from Phuket Dude

(Good news is he is paying overtime. We negotiated - instead of cash he's providing free beer one evening over the weekend - sucker)

(Oh and Rory may be up for a night out as well seeing as his missus will be down under)

Also, WTF EPL Computer. We now have THREE games in a row that kick off at midnight for us down here. Yeah sure you Yanks are happy but............

Well, my mates' in the Country and needs me at work at 5:30am in Scabi Dhabi (a 90 minute drive away) so no way I'm going to join you in the pub from 11:45 to 01:45.

That means you're gonna have to wait for your tasteless souvenir from Phuket Dude

(Good news is he is paying overtime. We negotiated - instead of cash he's providing free beer one evening over the weekend - sucker)

(Oh and Rory may be up for a night out as well seeing as his missus will be down under)

Also, WTF EPL Computer. We now have THREE games in a row that kick off at midnight for us down here. Yeah sure you Yanks are happy but............

Bizarrely the 1st 2 fit in perfectly with my roster and the last one I'll be at (thanks DBP!!)

I'd put the Development squad out and send the first team on a holiday somewhere nice, where they can relax and recuperate and not even listen to the result. Then they can come back next week and not have the inevitable mauling affect their confidence.

That my friend is the best suggestion yet. Too clever for Nigel, he isn't that savvy.

If it's not selling well then you'd think the ticket office would take the remainder up to Stamford Bridge and see what they can seel there? NOPE.

Found out today that I could get time off tomorrow night, called them up today and apparently they're not taking any up and I would have to collect from St Mary's, even though I live in London.

1 ticket needed, can collect from ground

As hard as it is to admit, I think we should try to learn from QPR last two games. Close off the opposition, and hope for a lucky goal.

Yeah that's it. Both QPR and Swansea contained them, put men behind the ball, and when they over-commited, they hit Chelsea on the break. That's the only way we can play this. Playing 4-3-3 and going gung-ho toe to toe and we'll get mauled.

Does anyone have a spare ticket for the game? Living and working in London it is impossible for me to get down to SMS to pick one up.

Alternatively, if anyone is going to the ticket office today would they be willing to pick one up for me, will reward them handsomely with beverages of choice!

Does anyone have a spare ticket for the game? Living and working in London it is impossible for me to get down to SMS to pick one up.

Alternatively, if anyone is going to the ticket office today would they be willing to pick one up for me, will reward them handsomely with beverages of choice!

All the tickets the club have been selling have been for pick-up at Stamford Bridge tonight - give Saints a call and I'm sure they can sell you one for collection at the ground this evening.

I am in precisely the same situation, and quite fancy going. If anyone can help at all, let me know. Thanks.