The Luke Shaw Rumour thread

Saint Garrett

In fairness, I have posted before and Glasgow Saint has been willing to admit / acknowledge another viewpoint, so am going to 'play the ball, not the man'.

I do think he is misguided on this point though; to me Pochettino is showing indecision maybe, but not disloyalty. Would prefer he just signed a new contract because I think he is a good manager for us, but also think that nothing likely to happen until the season is over.

He has one agenda only, to propagate his myths and disharmony. By answering his posts it enables him to get across his anti saints agenda.

So, Daily Mail reckons £55m for both Shaw and Lallana. That is massive money, and although Lallana is integral to the way we play, I just don't know. If we reinvested the majority of it we may be fine. Would be gutted to lose Adam mind.

I've accepted Shaw will go, but Lallana is the one I really thought wouldn't leave this summer. Would be a massive blow to lose him.

So, Daily Mail reckons £55m for both Shaw and Lallana. That is massive money, and although Lallana is integral to the way we play, I just don't know. If we reinvested the majority of it we may be fine. Would be gutted to lose Adam mind.

In fact a double deal could be just the way to cut down radically on Bournemouth's share. 50 million for Shaw and 5 million for Lallana. Doubt if Bournemouth would be happy though, probably appeal.

Sorry jeff, can you be sure we would get at a creative mid fielder and LB as least as good, ideally better for £55mil that owould be willing to join us? sorry but sales of prize assets will mean a weaker squad next season, no matter what as we can not attract players of that quality... And I don't think we have any ready academy boys that can slot in just yet...

You must really enjoy your football on that basis :?

I enjoy it but I am a realist

Bloody hell! Cheer up! :D

That is some bizarre logic.

Logic doesn't come into it when emotions are involved. I cannot get emotionally attached to anyone who probably isn't going to stick around. I'm a realist and I've seen it all before. Young lad comes through the ranks, looks exciting, makes mistakes but we make allowances for that because he's still learning, and then he's off for bigger bucks at a bigger club.

That's a shame. I have enjoyed watching his development and enjoyed the fact he is a saint.

It has amused me that every "Big Club" lover on site or in the pub has creamed over him and bragged/bullsh1tted about how he's going to be at their club next season. As if this makes a difference to me this season. Job knockey's.

I've enjoyed his performances this season although there have been a few mistakes in positioning. I don't think our home form has been particularly good, to be honest.

When I watch him play I get a sense of pride, as I know he was made here - not bought, not poached...but made and developed at my club.

Whenever I see Bale ripping up the CL for Real Madrid I still feel pretty privileged to have had the chance to watch him play for us. He was always an incredibly special player, just as Shaw is.

Me too, but once he's gone we'll hardly hear a mention of Southampton and the role we played. How many people know that Shearer started his career here?

I'm not depressed about the situation, just resigned to the fact that if anybody is any good then they won't be hanging around for very long.

Logic doesn't come into it when emotions are involved. I cannot get emotionally attached to anyone who probably isn't going to stick around. I'm a realist and I've seen it all before. Young lad comes through the ranks, looks exciting, makes mistakes but we make allowances for that because he's still learning, and then he's off for bigger bucks at a bigger club.

Did you treat Lallana and Le Tissier the same from their first team debut onwards?

Did you treat Lallana and Le Tissier the same from their first team debut onwards?

Lallana's taken a while to reach his present level and from what I can remember wasn't playing regularly to start with. I suppose initially I viewed him in the same way as all those other youngsters who started playing the odd game for us before eventually being shipped out to pastures new, in some cases never to be heard from again. If he were to leave now he'd leave a big hole in our team but in his early days I think we would have got over it quite quickly.

Le Tissier is a unique case. I never really thought that he would leave although I suppose the closest came in 1992 at the end of the season.

I've always been wary about forming emotional attachments and as far as our academy is concerned I suppose I view it somewhat like someone who breeds horses to sell. Don't make pets out of any of them.

For me, I think they will both stay. I feel that Shaw may well want to play another season with us to further his development with regular football at a top half premier league club.

I really do not know what is going to happen. But this is what I think MoPo will leave the club, if he does this could change things at the club with regards to players staying, as the new man would need to have the same style of football. The players may see this as a good time to move on and the club may want to cash in on some players.

I still think the club will be sold before anything happens with the players, again I have no reason for thinking this apart from a gut feeling.

What I hope is that it stays as it is and we carry on the dream, and the fantastic football we play, as it is a joy to watch in what has been a fantastic 5 years. The 5 year plan worked :)

I do not think we will be involved in a relegation battle next season..... But football is very strange!

I think Luke's smart enough to stay here for at least one more year - guaranteed starting position, excellent coaching, already in the England squad. One more season, and he'll go after that if we're not pushing 4th/5th.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe Adam became as good as he is because he didn't leave to "a big club" at a very early age. Let that be a lesson to mr Shaw.

Shaw is already really good though, the situations aren't comparable.

if Shaw moves to a big club, he will move and play for them most weeks.