Wigan v Swansea

whelk

Wigan: Robles; Caldwell, Watson, Scharner; Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Espinoza; Maloney, McManaman, Kone

SWANS: Vorm; Tiendalli, Williams, Monk, Davies; Britton, de Guzman, Routledge; Rangel, Hernandez; Shechter

Come on! I am so pumped for this game!!!!! This is our big moment - our chance to show the world we belong in Premier League! So excited yo! Sounds like we've took a big following to support the boys just wish i could be there too - this could be one of those games you tell ur grandkids about, one of them "I was there" moments! COME ON!

Swansea have nothing to play for as safe and cant improve on place and best player and main scorer out. This is a waste of time and Wigan have bagged 3 points. I wish saints had easy games like this. Wigan 3-0.

Newcastle have a similar game vs QPR so I think Saints are relying on others losing now.

Swansea have nothing to play for as safe and cant improve on place and best player and main scorer out. This is a waste of time and Wigan have bagged 3 points. I wish saints had easy games like this. Wigan 3-0.

Newcastle have a similar game vs QPR so I think Saints are relying on others losing now.

Swansea have a top half finish to play for. If they let Wigan beat them tonight, their ''excellent'' season starts to look like a pretty bog-standard average one, as they'll then only be 5 points off the drop. Yep, just 5 points.

Just got a text off Shane (Dig Dig) - this morning he managed to get a ticket in the Swansea end and has travelled up today. Said he told his PA to book him out for the day. :lol:

Top man.

:toppa:

Tch, if he'd gone in the Wigan end he could have got himself an FA Cup Final ticket for £65. Well, he could have last week, I'm not sure whether those tickets are still on general sale.

We're relying on Sunderland or Stoke losing to us, but that's about it. And to be honest we don't really need that.

Swansea looking very casual but they're more than capable of scoring if they bother to put enough passes together.

Shaun Maloney's a real player, I'd love to have him in our team if Wigan go down

Agree, Maloney has been impressive this season.

That indirect free kick. In that situation, as swansea, I'd make a wall in front of the ball so Wigan couldn't see the play. Fake a shot down the middle, tap it wide to a waiting player, bosh, goal. Simple. Isn't it ?

Tyler is right, dont take the touch, just blast it as it will hit someone anyway

Tyler is wrong, you're much more likely to score aiming at the entirely unblocked top half of the goal than hammering it at people who all know to get out of the way if there's no touch.

The two things they did wrong were 1) not tapping it twice to misdirect the onrushing defenders, and 2) tapping it to a donkey centre back.

That indirect free kick. In that situation, as swansea, I'd make a wall in front of the ball so Wigan couldn't see the play. Fake a shot down the middle, tap it wide to a waiting player, bosh, goal. Simple. Isn't it ?

Smash it at the Wigan players to try and get a deflection on the way in.

Is that like when Kenwyne Jones cleared his own shot off the line with this head?

Not as impressive, this one was just a rolled ground pass he massively underhit and had the chance to chase after.