United game live on Setanta Sunday 4th

Edmonton Saint

So it was. Should of known considering I watched it on tv!!

I think it was actually on Celtic TV if you are being picky! (tho that is part of the Setenta 'Empire'!

From the FA web site article there are only two games being shown on tv for the third round this year. Was the new tv contract with itv and setanta just to show half the number of games than were shown last season? I seem to remember that on the Saturday Sky had the lunchtime game and the BBC the evening one and then on the Sunday Sky had the 4pm kickoff and the Beeb the late evening one. I'm surprised nothing more was made about the new FA Cup tv deal showing only half the number of games than the old Sky/BBC one.

I think it was actually on Celtic TV if you are being picky! (tho that is part of the Setenta 'Empire'!

From the FA web site article there are only two games being shown on tv for the third round this year. Was the new tv contract with itv and setanta just to show half the number of games than were shown last season? I seem to remember that on the Saturday Sky had the lunchtime game and the BBC the evening one and then on the Sunday Sky had the 4pm kickoff and the Beeb the late evening one. I'm surprised nothing more was made about the new FA Cup tv deal showing only half the number of games than the old Sky/BBC one.

You should read the FA website headline again

It says the two 2nd round replays and two of the 3rd round matches have been decided which will be live

I read that as if more 3rd round matches will be selected in due course

To be even pickier, it was actually shown on the main Setanta channel at midnight and the following lunch time. Although not live, its proof we have been on this channel before.

Anyone know the person that has Setanta subscription, perhaps we can all go round his house to tune in. Setanta FFS, at least it won't affect our gate ;) I doubt that it would be a sell out anyway (even with the corners closed)

Should the demand be there they will re-open the corners.

I'm gonna have to seriously consider now whether I can be arsed to go as I have to be back up in Essex for work the next day

You complete softcore ;)

I went to Newcastle away in the FA cup (5.20pm kick off) Got home at 3.30 am and was up for work on the sunday at 6.30am.

probably the best thing that could happen to us, i dont know a great many people with setanta subscriptions so wont seriously affect the gate like it being on sky, and setanta probably paid a fair amount for the game because no doubt it would have gone to the highest bidder and they seem to have a rep for throwing money around, also, no curse of the sky tv! (just the curse of tv) ... and for anyone interested, last time i checked saints are getting odds of 250 to 1 to win the FA cup, with the comparisons to 76 n all, might as well put a tenner on it! lol

Exactly my thoughts (Although for me its the West Midlands.)

No disrespect, but last week your concerns over football turning into a business had come to the fore so much at Saints that you couldn't bring yourself to want to go and see them. To me it looks a lot like you saying that the lure of Saints V Man Utd is enough to banish those thoughts from your mind, whereas the idea of supporting the lads in the bread and butter league games is too much for you.

Hope I'm wrong and would love to see you confirm that you'll be at SMS as often as you can make it for the remainder of the season.