Saints vs Stoke - Match thread

Lighthouse

Our two Shi-Tzus killed two baby raccons in our garden a few days ago....The next day, one of them stole a knife from the BBQ and carried it around the garden for a full half hour. Absolutely true story. Shi-Tzus are tougher than they look!

West Ham 2-0 up? So is that 11/12th we can finish depending on other results changing?

11th is possible based on other results going our way and us winning. Personally I'll take any position higher than 15th. (Where we are now!)

Our two Shi-Tzus killed two baby raccons in our garden a few days ago....The next day, one of them stole a knife from the BBQ and carried it around the garden for a full half hour. Absolutely true story. Shi-Tzus are tougher than they look!

Temple guard dogs, that's why!

I think the 'South American' influence in football has become a bit of a myth in football. That because a team/manager/player is from South America that they must play entertaining attacking football, when the region hasn't for at least a decade now, probably longer. I think (and I think we all realise whether some are prepared to admit it or not) that we played much better football and scored more goals (at both ends) under NA. MP has not provided a hugely entertaining or hugely attractive style. And nobody can blame it on the players he has at his disposable as it is the same players that NA had. Not to say MP won't take us forwards, but let's not pretend or delude ourselves that we are now playing better football.

What a boring game.

MP should bring on Pucheon to add some bite in midfield. Would also like to see Chambers or Isgrove come on, see what they can do.

Wonder if any of the players on the pitch is playing their last game for us.

We play so dull nowadays, compared to at the start of the season. Think the tiredness of the players is beginning to show. Hopefully Puncheon will come on and inject some pace and life into this game.

Adkins knew how to coach his side to attack, pattern play etc - Pochettino's style has massively regressed our attacking ability. How many clear cut chances have Saints created since the Reading game?

I think we've played some pretty nice stuff this half to be honest. Done everything but score.

I think for the first 20 mins or so we looked quite dangerous on the attack, but we seem to have slowed down to a snail's pace since then. Never any quick forward passes or incisive through balls - it's all just 'tap it around the midfield then lump it straight at the keeper'.