You sign Whittingham, we sign Pochettino....

Saint Mikey

When did Pompey become "Portsmouth Community Football Club"?

Since the day that 'the fans' acquired the club from the administrator - it got signed over to a new company. All of which means they can ditch any bad history associated with the old company yet keep all the good history associated with the football club...

Oh when the Saints go marching in, with it's catholic connotations is deeply offensive to non catholics. How are we meant to attact muslim fans to SMS when the song suggests by wanting to be in that number they would have to turn their backs on islam to be a Saints fan?

Anglicans and Methodists also recognise Saints, you know.

When did Pompey become "Portsmouth Community Football Club"?

serious!?!?

Since the day that 'the fans' acquired the club from the administrator - it got signed over to a new company. All of which means they can ditch any bad history associated with the old company yet keep all the good history associated with the football club...

Which also happened to be the day they ceased being Portsmouth City Football Club (or whichever of their numerous rebirths they were on at that point), they've definitely been PCFC Ltd at some point though - it's irrelevant, just like we weren't Southampton Leisure Holdings.

Ah : http://www.bakertilly.co.uk/media/news/Baker-Tilly-appointed-liquidators-to-Portsmouth-City-FC.aspx (so definitely in 2011, Andronikou admin). No idea what they were called after that and before April 2013.

Edited by The9

Good tune, but it would have made more sense at Arse to have sang

"You signed Wenger, we signed Pochettino"

-and so on, whoever the opposing manager is. Especially since clubs now envy us having MoPo as our manager.

How does that tie in with What's it like to be P*mpey, what's it like to be poor ? which is the start of the song

This was 1 of 3 songs that we can all manage to sing at away games. OWTS, Pochettino song and we're by far the greatest team. Pathetic.

Really?

At Arsenal I thought I'd heard "we all follow Southampton...", "when I was just a little boy...", "hello, hello...", "is this a library", Luke Shaw chants, Rickie Lambert chants and chants about Boruc.

Admittedly I was watching on a dodgy stream in Portugal, so there may have been more.

Edited by Golden Balls

Really?

At Arsenal I thought I'd heard "we all follow Southampton...", "when I was just a little boy...", "hello, hello...", "is this a library", Luke Shaw chants, Rickie Lambert chants and chants about Borac.

Admittedly I was watching on a dodgy stream in Portugal, so there may have been more.

At Arsenal we also managed "your a saint and you know it" - to walcott, and a rendition of celtics Wanayama chant.

There was no "one Artur Boruc" however, and I feel this directly contributed to his performance.

Really?

At Arsenal I thought I'd heard "we all follow Southampton...", "when I was just a little boy...", "hello, hello...", "is this a library", Luke Shaw chants, Rickie Lambert chants and chants about Borac.

I'm talking in general, there's only 2 or 3 songs that our whole end actually sings. There's pockets of people here and there singing other songs but they don't catch on to the whole end.

We have about 20-30 songs, and this is still the worst of them.

Current version with exact words as being sung according to this thread :

What's Tell Is it this us how it feels to be Pompey

What's Tell Is it this us how it feels to be poor small

You you've got signed sacked Whittingham

We we've signed got Pochettinooooooo...

It is rubbish.

We have about 20-30 songs, and this is still the worst of them.

Current version with exact words as being sung according to this thread :

What's Tell Is it this us how it feels to be Pompey

What's Tell Is it this us how it feels to be poor small

You you've got signed sacked Whittingham

We we've signed got Pochettinooooooo...

It is rubbish.

Que ? Is it only me that doesn't recognise this as English ? No wonder no-one sings it ! :-)

This is how it feels to be P*mpey,

This is how it feels to be small,

This is how it feels,

When your club means nothing at all.

Fits the original lyrics and doesn't rely upon which no-name they have in charge. Job done.

Really?

Very nice, High Five?

This is how it feels to be P*mpey,

This is how it feels to be small,

This is how it feels,

When your club means nothing at all.

Fits the original lyrics and doesn't rely upon which no-name they have in charge. Job done.

Unfortunately is also completely illogical, it doesn't feel anything like the same for us as it does them.

Just how does it feel to be P*mpey?

Oh how does it feel to be small?

That is how it feels,

When your club means nothing at all!

Slightly amended for you mate. Fits much better.

Unfortunately is also completely illogical, it doesn't feel anything like the same for us as it does them.

The song is about empathy bro. Try + be more empathy with out web-toed neighbours. I mean, don't take it to far tho, don't be knobbing ur sister or anything.

Slightly amended for you mate. Fits much better.

Except it doesn't because the song is "This is how it feels", not "Oh Just so how does it feel" or whatever it is you said. Why on earth would anyone sing that?

The whole thing remains a joke and without question the lowest we have sunk on "I erd this on Sky" hamfisted stealing of songs from bigger clubs. The dictionary definition of small-time.

Except it doesn't because the song is "This is how it feels", not "Oh Just so how does it feel" or whatever it is you said. Why on earth would anyone sing that?

The whole thing remains a joke and without question the lowest we have sunk on "I erd this on Sky" hamfisted stealing of songs from bigger clubs. The dictionary definition of small-time.

To fit the rhythm of the tune, hence the amended lyrics? And it was merely a suggestion.... You do get up-tight over the most harmless of things! Calm down sunshine!

How DARE people sing songs at a football match! Making me look bad......

To fit the rhythm of the tune, hence the amended lyrics? And it was merely a suggestion.... You do get up-tight over the most harmless of things! Calm down sunshine!

How DARE people sing songs at a football match! Making me look bad......

I think the phrase "This is how it feels" fits the rhythm of the song called "This Is How It Feels".

I think the phrase "This is how it feels" fits the rhythm of the song called "This Is How It Feels".

Even though the point The9 made was that 'this' refers to the person singing it therefore it is utterly meaningless for our fans to sing it as it stands?

The 'you sign Whiittingham' bit gave it emphasis towards the difference between us and them, as the existing lyrics sound it's as if our fans would be saying we are the skates! Which would surely make a song you find embarrassing even more so......

Tell me about it. All you hear at football games in the last 3 seasons or so, whatever level it's at, is that flippin Man U song (it gets on my nerves, it gets on my ner-er-er-erves, that Man Utd song, it gets on my nerves). You can't escape it at the cricket either although the Barmy Army haven't had a chance to air it to Mitchell Johnson yet due to the cowardice (Trott excepted) of our batsmen.