Leandro Damiao!

Lambert7

Was just chatting to a Napoli fan - (random I know but he's my barber) he reckons they'll go for Higuain, and one of Osvaldo or Damiao. But apparently he read this morning that Roma's new manager wants Osvaldo to stay at Roma. Did say he wouldn't be surprised if the one they don't get comes to Saints, and speaks of Osvaldo very highly.

Was just chatting to a Napoli fan - (random I know but he's my barber) he reckons they'll go for Higuain, and one of Osvaldo or Damiao. But apparently he read this morning that Roma's new manager wants Osvaldo to stay at Roma. Did say he wouldn't be surprised if the one they don't get comes to Saints, and speaks of Osvaldo very highly.

Randomly I was chatting to a Napoli fan this morning too, he works in the cafe at my gym. He reckons that they won't get any of them and will instead try and sign Wayne Rooney and lukaku and Saints will sign Osvaldo and Diamao. Who'd have thought it!!

Randomly I was chatting to a Napoli fan this morning too, he works in the cafe at my gym. He reckons that they won't get any of them and will instead try and sign Wayne Rooney and lukaku and Saints will sign Osvaldo and Diamao. Who'd have thought it!!

Was it Mario or Luigi?

One of them you can trust but the other one not so much... :)

The janitor at my children's school is a Napoli fan and he reckons they'll get both Osvaldo and Damiao... How itk is your guy? Working in a cafe he sounds like an untrustworthy character compared to a good old-fashioned janitor. All IMHO of course!

The janitor at my children's school is a Napoli fan and he reckons they'll get both Osvaldo and Damiao... How itk is your guy? Working in a cafe he sounds like an untrustworthy character compared to a good old-fashioned janitor. All IMHO of course!

My guy claims to be mates with the son of the bloke Diego Maradona bought his house from when he joined them in 1985, so he is well connected if true. He also told me that Napoli use maximuscle lean performance protein shakes after training and that turned out to be spot on.

The Italian janitor at my son's school also works at the cafe at my local gym and drives cabs part time, he also happens to be a Napoli fan and very close to the board being a cousin of a friend of the doorman at the Stadio San Paolo and he reckons they'll get both Osvaldo and Rooney and we'll get nothing

I used to know the son of an Italian Ice cream man who lived in Calshot. He moved back to Naples years ago. He and one of my mates had a fight in his front garden, and the old man came out brandishing a carving knife. Which was a pity really, because it was a bloody good fight up to then. The re-match at school the next day was nowhere near as good. Anyway, my point is, if we were still friends I could have asked him if he knew anything about this possible transfer.

The Italian janitor at my son's school also works at the cafe at my local gym and drives cabs part time, he also happens to be a Napoli fan and very close to the board being a cousin of a friend of the doorman at the Stadio San Paolo and he reckons they'll get both Osvaldo and Rooney and we'll get nothing

That's ridiculous, no way would he have time to do 3 jobs.

Don't think this one will happen now to be honest. The Brazilian window shuts on the 22nd, and even though they can still sell, they can't re-invest. I can't see them selling after the 22nd, they'd surely need a replacement pretty sharpish for their own aspirations, and they don't necessarily need the finance from the deal at the moment anyway.

I don't think he'll move full stop, one we may revisit next year.

Don't think this one will happen now to be honest. The Brazilian window shuts on the 22nd, and even though they can still sell, they can't re-invest. I can't see them selling after the 22nd, they'd surely need a replacement pretty sharpish for their own aspirations, and they don't necessarily need the finance from the deal at the moment anyway.

He is close to joining Napoli.

If he has a storming WC you can pretty much double his value,I am pretty sure Inter were hoping he would be fit for the Confed cup to boost the price up

Napoli are nearly there with Damiao according to this mornings Calciomercato section of the Corriere...

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/serie_a/napoli/2013/07/19-328754/Calciomercato+Napoli%2C+Damiao+in+pugno.+Julio+Cesar%2C+manca+l%27ok

Paraphrased:

Damiao is in the palm of Napolis hands. Napoli have significantly closed the gap on the 25M euros Inter requested and the transfer, along with that of his International team mate Julio Cesar (from whom Napoli are awaiting a response,and will go for Reina if its a NO) seems imminent. RM are not budging on 40M for Higuain who is the other striking target for Napoli (as well as not instead of).

I cant see both Higuain AND Damiao joining Napoli myself - one or the other imo, and I'm 90% sure it will be Damiao at this juncture. But stranger things have happened...Napoli were linked with Zlatan overnight- and thats a game changer if it comes off...

One day it will be us linked with the Higuains and Zlatans...dreams..

Napoli are nearly there with Damiao according to this mornings Calciomercato section of the Corriere...

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/serie_a/napoli/2013/07/19-328754/Calciomercato+Napoli%2C+Damiao+in+pugno.+Julio+Cesar%2C+manca+l%27ok

Paraphrased:

Damiao is in the palm of Napolis hands. Napoli have significantly closed the gap on the 25M euros Inter requested and the transfer, along with that of his International team mate Julio Cesar (from whom Napoli are awaiting a response,and will go for Reina if its a NO) seems imminent. RM are not budging on 40M for Higuain who is the other striking target for Napoli (as well as not instead of).

I cant see both Higuain AND Damiao joining Napoli myself - one or the other imo, and I'm 90% sure it will be Damiao at this juncture. But stranger things have happened...Napoli were linked with Zlatan overnight- and thats a game changer if it comes off...

One day it will be us linked with the Higuains and Zlatans...dreams..

I think you can take any news reported out of Italy with a huge pinch of salt

I think you can take any news reported out of Italy with a huge pinch of salt

Yes they will be about as reliable as the UK press but sometimes theres no smoke without fire, and in the absence of any UK based information source its the best I can do atm.

I just post the link with a (helpful i hope) paraphrased translation so if there are any Saints fans interested in whats being said out there about one of our possible targets they have something to look at, rather than nothing.

Yes they will be about as reliable as the UK press but sometimes theres no smoke without fire, and in the absence of any UK based information source its the best I can do atm.

I just post the link with a (helpful i hope) paraphrased translation so if there are any Saints fans interested in whats being said out there about one of our possible targets they have something to look at, rather than nothing.

Your input on this and other transfer rumours is much appreciated - please keep it up :thumbup:

Reckon he won't move anywhere this or jan window, seems like he is set with Inter and his commercial deals so why bother moving with a world cup coming up unless you get paid $$.

I'm starting to doubt he'll every move anywhere! The Spurs fans I know seem to be right about him being the ultimate transfer saga target, trust us to have a go!

Are Zenit the european liverpool ??

Zenit have offered Leandro Damiao €4.5million per year and €25m for Internacional. Napoli offering €20m and €3m for Damiao.

Have they sold Hulk yet ?

Not yet, he was being typically rubbish versus Rubin Kazan today.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&u=http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-damiao-zenit-contatto-ad-ore-le-ultime-468096

Zenit appear to be in pole position now, Damiao is reportedly going to see what they will be willing to pay him today (which I would guess is much more than either Napoli or ourselves would pay him)

Is he any good? Much hyped but scoring in Portugal doesn't seem to prove much. Looked hit and miss with Brazil when I've seen him.

For me, no. He's ok. He's alright. If ever there was an exampled of someone being overrated, its him. Sure he's powerful and he's got a presence but for me, he's a rung, possibly two below van Persie, Lewandowski etc.

So, Napoli on the verge of getting Higuain (waiting on medical completion) and tonight have reached an agreement with Jackson Martinez - another striker.

Are they really still in for Damiao as well or not? I still think we'll get him but might not be till last 2/3 days of window.

So, Napoli on the verge of getting Higuain (waiting on medical completion) and tonight have reached an agreement with Jackson Martinez - another striker.

Are they really still in for Damiao as well or not? I still think we'll get him but might not be till last 2/3 days of window.

I agree. It seems he has choice of us, zenit or stay in brazil. Zenit have hulk but he hasnt settled there and is looking to leave. Zenit will offer the mega bucks in wages but I think don is going to pull this deal off. Fingers crossed

"Napoli will unveil Gonzalo Higuain later today, but that doesn't mean Rafa Benitez's striker search is necessarily over. The prospects of Porto's Colombia star Jackson Martinez also pitching up at San Paolo are said to have increased, with Italian media reporting that a 32million euros bid could be enough to seal a deal"

Seems then that it depends on Zenit and if they want Damiao. To be fair we havent been mentioned at all in connection with him for a while, and if Spurs and Napoli have failed to do a deal then it must be tough, especially when you consider all the Cavani money that Napoli are flinging about.

Plus, in a WC year (in his home country) it would be hard to persuade him to move to Europe for a team not in any European competition.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8839934/transfer-news-internacional-warn-that-leandro-damiao-wont-go-on-the-cheap

Come and get him plea?

Internacional have told potential suitors of Leandro Damiao that they will only part with him for the right price.

Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton have previously been linked with the Brazil international striker, but their interest appears to have cooled as Internacional aim to keep hold of one of their star men.

They are prepared to let him leave if an acceptable offer is submitted, but have previously told Napoli that a bid of €18million (£15m) would not be considered and stressed that his valuation is only likely to increase after next summer's World Cup.

Zenit St Petersburg are reported to have joined Napoli in the chase for the 24-year-old's signature, but it will be difficult for anyone to prise him away.

Internacional's director of football Marcelo Medeiros told Zero Hora: "He is focusing on Internacional.

"If anyone wants to sign him, it would be a great deal, but they will have to pay a lot.

"He is still an Internacional player."