Pre-Season Uncovered: Episode One

Saint-Armstrong

What happened to the good old fashioned run through the new forest? All these fancy foriegn ideas, pandering to the players.

Also was it just me that thought none of the players looked very happy? Maybe team spirt is going to be an issue this season.

What happened to the good old fashioned run through the new forest? All these fancy foriegn ideas, pandering to the players.

Also was it just me that thought none of the players looked very happy? Maybe team spirt is going to be an issue this season.

Imagine being called out at 2am to fix a paper jam, you wouldn't be very happy.

Two things here, its not 2am and I'm not paid tens of thousands of pounds a week. I look at that video and I worry.

It is quite obvious why they are unhappy, they do not like the new kit they have to wear.

I question the team spirt, clearly what was built under Adkins has been shattered.

may as well accept relegation now

not only have we ONLY signed 1 player by 3 July

The kit is rubbish

MP may not even do his presser in english

and Wanyama still has not signed

has a club ever fuk'd up this much in pre season?

top it all off, the players are not 'puking'

the resident fitness expert, Alpine said this was what is required

I question the team spirt, clearly what was built under Adkins has been shattered.
Never mind all this fancy scientific sh*t, these overpaid primadonnas should be busting their lungs running up sand dunes. Strachan wouldn't have put up with this namby pamby treatment, he knew how to get the best out of real try-hards like Paul Telfer. Gaston would have sh*t bricks if he'd ever have had to run the way WGS had them going in pre-season.

Two things here, its not 2am and I'm not paid tens of thousands of pounds a week. I look at that video and I worry.

Its first day of preseason - its hardly going to be all smiles and sunshine, is it. I'll grant you Forren still looks like a cross between a bad smell and a lost sheep.

Leave the worrying to the fat **** from the Alps.

Its first day of preseason - its hardly going to be all smiles and sunshine, is it. I'll grant you Forren still looks like a cross between a bad smell and a lost sheep.

Leave the worrying to the fat **** from the Alps.

Why not? They are doing what they are supposed to love. If they don't enjoy their jobs and playing for us then we need to move them on.

A couple of bites for Turkish already and I for one and licking my lips in anticipation of what Dalek's schtick will be this year...

Alpine on mid-season form too.

Everything is falling into place for a great season

Regardless of the international players coming back, the squad does look short by about 6/7. At least a few More signings needed in the coming month. They all seemed happy to see each other and then concentrating on working hard on the exercises.

Extended summer vacation due to playing international games. Like Clyne, Ramirez, Yoshida.

I thought that, but then remembered him saying in his post-signing interview that he was going to arrive on the pre-season training scene a few days ahead of everyone else so that he can familiarise himself with the set-up in order to hit the ground running on day 1. Maybe that was just a bit of small talk for the camera.

Adidas made an error, causing an issue with our delivery by printing the 'wrong' badges on some of the equipment.

Two questions, why did you not get in trouble for the photo of the new shirt & that fitness video was shocking.

I run a martial arts business and they should of been doing more dynamics etc, the jumping over a hurdle like that and the lifting of a 20k weight on one leg is just so nuts.

Two questions, why did you not get in trouble for the photo of the new shirt & that fitness video was shocking.

I run a martial arts business and they should of been doing more dynamics etc, the jumping over a hurdle like that and the lifting of a 20k weight on one leg is just so nuts.

First day back, I'm sure they're not on the full training schedule.

I only counted 13 'senior' players leaving the dressing room. Plus the 5 or so returning from International duty. That's a pretty light squad?

Saints aren't particularly light in numbers, in fact it needs quite a bit of trimming...

Boruc

K.Davis

Gazzaniga

Clyne

Fox

Shaw

Hooiveld

Fonte

Lovren

Forren

Yoshida

Schneiderlin

Cork

Ward-Prowse

S.Davis

Isgrove

Mayuka

Lallana

Puncheon

Ramirez

Rodriguez

Do Prado

Lambert

That is 23 players that will train as the senior squad in pre-season!

and then...

Sharp

Chaplow

De Ridder

Martin

Hammond

Forte

Tadanari Lee

and then the under 21 development squad and under 18's.

I only counted 13 'senior' players leaving the dressing room. Plus the 5 or so returning from International duty. That's a pretty light squad?

Interesting point actually. Unless injured, I can only assume the following players were asked not to come (or they trained with the Development Squad):

Dean Hammond

Jonathan Forte

Billy Sharp

Steve De Ridder

Richard Chaplow

Tadanari Lee

Not sure on Lee's status, I know he wasn't called up to the Japanese squad but he was still playing football in June (I think) so maybe he has extended time off. But the others...

I remember how well we started the Championship season, with our ball control being far superior to everyone elses, and the players saying that was down to the fact we trained with footballs from day one of pre-season. I'd of liked to continue that trend, but I guess it was an Adkins thing.

I remember how well we started the Championship season, with our ball control being far superior to everyone elses, and the players saying that was down to the fact we trained with footballs from day one of pre-season. I'd of liked to continue that trend, but I guess it was an Adkins thing.

According the Lamberts interview on Saintsplayer they were/will be using the footballs on the first day back.