Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Nicola is in Austria, and apparently having broken his leg is not the most mobile at the moment.

Nick nack in a cast I know I know its serious

Nick nack in a cast I know, I know its serious

There where times when I could have murdered him

Bu it would hate anything to happen to him

Do you really think he'll walk again

Do you really think he'll walk again?

At least he's not in a coma!

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/fulham-and-arsenal-interested-in-osvaldo/

Walter Sabatini travelled to England. Roma’s sporting director will meet with Arsenal tomorrow to resolve the Gervinho negotiation. There is optimism, the deal could be completed. In the meantime, Sabatini also likely met with two English clubs to discuss Osvaldo’s future. He spoke to Southampton, but the player has not accepted the destination. Other meetings likely happened with Fulham but also Arsenal.Wenger’s team is looking for a striker since Higuain is very close to joining Napoli, and they could be the surprise team in the Osvaldo race, the player would accept the solution.

How is Nicky going to wear his built up shoes now one leg is in plaster?

Maybe it's all cover for him having his legs broken and repinned to make him taller ? Plaster boots are pretty built up anyway aren't they ?

Wasted on me I'm afraid, took me a day to recall which song it was based on and that's the only line of the song I know.

This is not a news update on Osvaldo, therefore it is trolling.

there is no news on Osvaldo

* issues infraction on oneself *

Maybe we could bid for Ulrich Van Hobble as our cover right back.

*infacts himself*

Edited by Turkish

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417150/Spurs-and-Southampton-set-to-be-disappointed-as-Fulham-edge-ahead-for-Pablo-Osvaldo

I would be ****ed off if we lost out to Fulham FFS.

However - doesn't have much credibility once I read they're happy for him to go for €8m.

Why? They are an established premier league club with rich and ambitious news owner, recent history of european football and also based on London which will be attractive to a player. Why would it make you angry if a player prefered them to us?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417150/Spurs-and-Southampton-set-to-be-disappointed-as-Fulham-edge-ahead-for-Pablo-Osvaldo

I would be ****ed off if we lost out to Fulham FFS.

However - doesn't have much credibility once I read they're happy for him to go for €8m.

Me too. Can't see what they can offer him that we can't, unless he wants to live in London or he is being offered bumper wages.

Maybe it's just that he's afraid of being worked like a 'dog' again by Poch.

Why? They are an established premier league club with rich and ambitious news owner, recent history of european football and also based on London which will be attractive to a player. Why would it make you angry if a player prefered them to us?

Because if the chairman wants us to push on to the Champions League like he has said many times, then we can't be losing top players to clubs on the decline like Fulham. IMO of course.

Because if the chairman wants us to push on to the Champions League like he has said many times, then we can't be losing top players to clubs on the decline like Fulham. IMO of course.

Yet again you show how little you kkow

Yet again you show how little you kkow

I get the impression that he would like to play for a club in contention for European football. As it stands, Fulham are a long way off that, regardless of their recent history.

We've shown ambition in the transfer market, we've proved we can compete with the likes of Fulham, we have an ambitious chairman, and a manager who Osvaldo once played for (also Argentinian). Yet we're talking about a player who refused to even talk to us. With that said, if he went straight to Fulham it would be disappointing.

If we should only look for players that sees us as their first option we will only sign players from Championship and League One level. FACT.

Very true, Wanyama said he choose us as we wanted him more, I expect Osvaldo got so fed up with Cortese phoning every morning that he has decided to join :)

perhaps their new owner with his reported $1-2bn fortune might turn their fortunes round.

perhaps their new owner with his reported $1-2bn fortune might turn their fortunes round.

But you can say the same about Liebherr, apart from we've already got a very good set of young players, Fulham must have the oldest team in the league at the moment? I can see why players would want to go there, but I still think we should be able to persuade players to come to us rather than them, we are a bigger club afterall.

But you can say the same about Liebherr, apart from we've already got a very good set of young players, Fulham must have the oldest team in the league at the moment? I can see why players would want to go there, but I still think we should be able to persuade players to come to us rather than them, we are a bigger club afterall.

Fulham would be a more attractive club than Southampton imho. Fulham are a bigger club than us also imho

Players join clubs that pay the most....... FACT

True enough, but signing someone who it is clear is really so disinterested in the club in advance is a mistake, imo. I would imagine most players would think "they are paying so much for me, they must want me, lets do it", a bit like VW. Two players we signed who were utterly disinterested in the club :

David Speedie

Kevin Phillips

Want an expensive repeat ?

True enough, but signing someone who it is clear is really so disinterested in the club in advance is a mistake, imo. I would imagine most players would think "they are paying so much for me, they must want me, lets do it", a bit like VW. Two players we signed who were utterly disinterested in the club :

David Speedie

Kevin Phillips

I understand the point you are making but Kevin Phillips scored 13? goals that season. I'd prefer a 13 goal striker to a 2 goal a season Ormerod for example!

Our average gate is 5000 more than Fulham's. Plus a fair few of their crowd aren't even Fulham supporters, but go in the neutral stand.

I reckon we are a bigger club.

, if they had a bigger ground their average would be higher.

David Speedie

Kevin Phillips

I am realistic and realise that most players outside the UK will not have heard much about Saints. They will see our recent history (relegated to league 1, bounced back) and if they look back further they will see years of prem survivals.

We are never goung to be a players "dream" move so its upto NC to convince any way possible. You can do this in many ways, but ultimately money talks.

Id prefer a world class player who reluctantly joined us than an average Joe Bloggs that joined us without question.

The calibre of player we are looking at means we are competing with Europes elite (& Fulham ha) so need to be persuasive in some ways (£££££)

Edited by Glasgow_Saint