Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

I watched romas pre season game against greek side aris solonika last night, osvaldo was on bench.

He came on about 60 minutes with roma 1-0 down and played quite well within minutes they equalized with osvaldo and burdisso going for same ball it was burdissos goal though, roma ran out 2-1 winners but definately looked better with osvaldo up front

The fact they have included him in their squad for the states does not bode well for our chances of getting him

Makes little difference he's part of the first team squad, therefor of course he would travel and be included

He already has, fee not an issue. Osvaldo has twice rejected the move.

That was when he was imagining he might be able to move to mAn City or Napoli and play in the Champion's League. Now that he's been made aware of what his true levl currently is (i.e. Fulham) he may be more amenable to a move to lil ol' Saints, the mighty Man City of the south coast. :)

Lot of reports from Italy that Osvaldo will be sold even though they stated otherwise the other week.

Talks about first Benzema and now they want to sell Osvaldo to fund signing of Mandzukic....

Inter is interested but Romawould prefer not to sell to another team in Italy and reports think Inter cant afford it. Napoli is lurking but depends a lot on if they manage to land Jackson Martinez or not I would guess....

http://cervelliamo.blogspot.it/2013/08/calciomercato-roma-colpo-sorpresa.html

Lot of reports from Italy that Osvaldo will be sold even though they stated otherwise the other week.

Talks about first Benzema and now they want to sell Osvaldo to fund signing of Mandzukic....

Inter is interested but Romawould prefer not to sell to another team in Italy and reports think Inter cant afford it. Napoli is lurking but depends a lot on if they manage to land Jackson Martinez or not I would guess....

http://cervelliamo.blogspot.it/2013/08/calciomercato-roma-colpo-sorpresa.html

Will Liverpool go for him if Suarez goes though..?

Okey members of SWF. Can we organize a foundation for this one?

Definitely worth it, dont you think people??

;)

Well I did make similar offer a couple of seasons ago when certain posters said it was a certainty that we would sign Hooper. Done deal and all that ! In fact I offered to implode.

If Roma are interested in Mandzukic it suggests he is available. I really doubt that. The article is based on him being a bit miffed with the new manager and that translates into a fantasy story in which he joins Roma and replaces Osvaldo.......He is the centre-forward for the current champions of Europe and will be starting cf this season again. They already unloaded Gomez so what is it with Guardiola - does he hate centre-forwards? :-)

Mandzukic apparently "only" earns 3.2M euros per year. Why would he go to not-even-europa league Roma? For the food perhaps - certainly not the money, certainly not the trophies. Out of 100 I give it 5 chances of happening. He is more likely to join the likes of Arsenal than Roma if anything. And no, he would not join Saints unless we at least doubled his wages (my limited math makes that about 120,000euros a week..), nah don't think so.

And as for Osvaldo - his name is being touted around again. If we get him it would only be September 2nd at 10.30pm after we agree to pay him what he thinks he's worth, nobody else is prepared to pay him what he thinks hes worth so far otherwise he would already be at Napoli or Zenit or Liverpool or Atletico. My bet is he ends up at Napoli as vice-striker to Higuain. Our vice-striker (back up striker) will probably be the maverick samba assassin to quote a well known hack :-).

And don't start me on Damiao..

Edited by Giordano

Looking at all reports I would think it´s 90% certain that he will leave Roma.

But, he wants to join Inter or perhaps Napoli while Roma want to sell him to a team in another league.

It probably will be a fight between players will and the clubs will in this case, let´s see who wins....

But will happen last days of the window....

When will the penny finally drop, he does not want to come to Saints, and IF he did so he would be here against his own initial wishes... do we really want someone here in these circumstances ?

Somewhat simplistic view of the life of a professional footballer.

**** him/them.

The problem with all these prima donnas is that they all think that these big clubs are going to come in for them. How many big clubs are there? Say 4 in Spain, 5 in England, 5 in Italy, 3 in Germany, 2 in France and say 2 out East. So that's 21 clubs. How many players per position are these clubs wanting on their books? 2? So that's 40 or so places, and the whole world to fill it. At least half those teams are already happy with what they have, so that's 20 spots gone.

I know that this is overly simplistic, but just trying to show that all these players hanging out for a move to a "big" club might get a nasty shock.Their arrogance thinks that Real or Barca should be knocking on their doors, but if that was the case, then they would already have been signed up. Arsenal might well be the one, but they are targeting Suarez. So who else is wanting to sign Osvaldo? Personally, if this is his attitude (and you never know what is true and what isn't), then I would prefer to look elsewhere for someone who does actually WANT to play for us. I suppose that is why Championship strikers can go for a fair bit. They WANT to make that step up, they know the English game and they are therefore somewhat a more known quantity. Question is, is there anyone good enough in the lower leagues? Look at RL and his rise - while foreign players are more exotic, are they all always the better option?

I believe I have been saying this for months, Cortese has been naive and delusional, the only way to ***** the ears and attention of true European class players is to pay well over the odds, Cortese will not do that (bar Ramirez which was his pet and pride took over) so we will not get them, again keep this post for referal as I am getting bored and tired writing it.

No. This shows how we are perceived by a 14 year old Froggie? girl who has a pubescent crush on Oswaldo and follows Rome for some reason unknown.

She isn't old enough or presumably well enough informed to know much about Geography, or football in this country compared to Italian Serie A.

So excuse me if I don't consider her as any sort of barometer of how players in other countries perceive us.

No. This shows how we are perceived by a 14 year old Froggie? girl who has a pubescent crush on Oswaldo and follows Rome for some reason unknown.

She isn't old enough or presumably well enough informed to know much about Geography, or football in this country compared to Italian Serie A.

So excuse me if I don't consider her as any sort of barometer of how players in other countries perceive us.

They dont perceive us, thats the issue Wes.

I believe I have been saying this for months, Cortese has been naive and delusional, the only way to ***** the ears and attention of true European class players is to pay well over the odds, Cortese will not do that (bar Ramirez which was his pet and pride took over) so we will not get them, again keep this post for referal as I am getting bored and tired writing it.

As we are getting bored and tired hearing it....