Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

Saw this. No idea if its reputable

@MurrayGroves: Southampton are having secondary talks with Roma and Italy striker Pablo Osvaldo in view to increasing the players personal terms #saintsfc

Well if we have gone back in for him it seems a credible statement.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/08/12/4181326/will-the-real-roma-please-stand-up?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Perhaps the biggest challenge for Garcia will be to handle the mercurial Pablo Osvaldo.

There are no doubts about his talent. He is still in Italy’s plans for next year’s World Cup in Brazil and scored 17 goals in 31 games last season, but it’s his temperament and attitude that threaten to taint his career in the capital city. With no potential suitors for his signature, it would be of immense benefit for both the club and the player if he keeps his head down and concentrates on his game with a potential World Cup spot hanging in the air.

Murray Groves @MurrayGroves

Reputable established football associate. 14 years of experience representing several professional footballers. Views expressed are my own and not those of G.A. Manchester/London, UK

e01b6bf6e806e14b21537f3e005fe79c_normal.pngMurray Groves@MurrayGroves

This isn't rare, #SaintsFC would need to offer a more lucrative deal than previously offered by Wolfsburg. Look out Wednesday.

e01b6bf6e806e14b21537f3e005fe79c_normal.pngMurray Groves@MurrayGroves

The Osvaldo situation is not dissimilar to the Wanyama saga, just a case of a player holding out for a more lucrative deal. Roma can sell.

Edited by trousers

If we are to beat the offer from Wolfsburg at £2.8mil a year we would be offering him £60k a week !!

I wonder if any of our players have a clause in the contract to match the wage of any player coming in higher than them??

If we are to beat the offer from Wolfsburg at £2.8mil a year we would be offering him £60k a week !!

I wonder if any of our players have a clause in the contract to match the wage of any player coming in higher than them??

Thats a Football Manager type of clause that dont exist in real football (or is extremely unusual at least). Not even Messi has it....

And it was €2.8m which make it a bit different but £60-70k is what we need to be ready to pay if we want players like this...

Not necessarily so, many of the contracts now include performance related pay so it will be hard to judge what a player may get, partly why it takes time for a player to sign these days.

2.8m euros works out about £45k a week. Relatively cheap for a striker who is a full international for a top nation and has a very good record. We are paying Ramirez more than that anyway.

SHHHH!! He's rreading the thread you know ......we were [---] that far away from him signing and now you've let it out that Gaston's on more he's walked off in huff !!

Pablo ...come back love...... its Ur-os not Euros.....

Doubt it... that sounds very FM to me.

Possibly, though it wouldn't massively surprise me in the case of Gaston.

He said he came to saints as he was effectively told the team would be built around him. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he did therefore have a clause that means he stays/matches the highest earner at the club.

In fairness you did say that and copped a fair bit of abuse...

Is that why he gets abuse? For saying that we will have pay more than others to get him? Who disagree's with that sentiment?

Maybe it's because he constantly accuses the club of being cheap and then on the other hand says players only sign for us because of the money.

Is that why he gets abuse? For saying that we will have pay more than others to get him? Who disagree's with that sentiment?

Maybe it's because he constantly accuses the club of being cheap and then on the other hand says players only sign for us because of the money.

Finger....pulse

Hmmm. Reports are that Spurs are in for Lamela for £30m.

Not sure if I can believe that one to be honest. Adam's been a great player for Saints and I think most of us are fond of him because he's come through our own ranks, but I can't see anyone paying £30m for him. More likely less than £7-8m would be my guess if true. Lets hope he stays loyal though as I've got a feeling he will be more effective this season than last.

Not sure if I can believe that one to be honest. Adam's been a great player for Saints and I think most of us are fond of him because he's come through our own ranks, but I can't see anyone paying £30m for him. More likely less than £7-8m would be my guess if true. Lets hope he stays loyal though as I've got a feeling he will be more effective this season than last.

I love posts when you dont know if the one writing it is serious or not :)

A bit funny either way though, good job!

I love posts when you dont know if the one writing it is serious or not :)

A bit funny either way though, good job!

Was thinking the same. Do I point out he's making a pratt of himself or sm I guilty of a whoosh moment . Funny either way

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Didn't see that Roma wanted him to come here a month ago?

Wasn't there an earlier story circulating - probably on this thread - that he got wind of an effort by his club, or telephone call/e-mail or whatever, to direct him towards us ?

Sounds like promising developments, though t'would be nice if Pablo came of his own accord.

The Fulham link is a complete non-starter - well, Simon Peach said as much. They aren't willing to go anywhere near the price so have no clue why the Express keep making that link.

from what I have seen in reports/tweets etc etc, he wouldn't MIND coming here its just seems he would like to hold out to see if a bigger club e.g arsenal/inter would take him on. its nearly the same situation as the lovren deal. Lyon hated lovren and couldn't wait to get rid of him but he was more then happy to join us but for Osvaldo, it might be a different story.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alfredopedulla.com%2Farticoli%2F26997-esclusiva-osvaldo-il-southampton-non-molla

Exclusive: Osvaldo, Southampton does not give

Osvaldo and Southampton, a negotiation of which we speak for some time but returned to narrow topical in recent days. Compared with the initial Roma striker is starting to really assess the track leading to the Saints coached by Mauricio Pochettino, the Argentine great temperament like him. Even during the day there were frantic contacts, the British have put Pablo Daniel Osvaldo top of the list to reinforce the offensive department and hope that the forcing will soon bear fruit. The will of the player at this point should make a difference, friction with the environment are known although Rudi Garcia, with statements made in recent days, had given a strong signal from the perspective of brightening reports. We will update you on further developments may be the days of Oswald.

Sounds like he is actually considering us as a serious option. Would be an incredible buy, someone that's good enough to rival Balotelli for a starting spot in the Italian national team is definitely too good for saints. Would make this a perfect transfer window(well maybe another cb who can cover comfortably at fb if im being greedy)

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alfredopedulla.com%2Farticoli%2F26997-esclusiva-osvaldo-il-southampton-non-molla

Exclusive: Osvaldo, Southampton does not give

Osvaldo and Southampton, a negotiation of which we speak for some time but returned to narrow topical in recent days. Compared with the initial Roma striker is starting to really assess the track leading to the Saints coached by Mauricio Pochettino, the Argentine great temperament like him. Even during the day there were frantic contacts, the British have put Pablo Daniel Osvaldo top of the list to reinforce the offensive department and hope that the forcing will soon bear fruit. The will of the player at this point should make a difference, friction with the environment are known although Rudi Garcia, with statements made in recent days, had given a strong signal from the perspective of brightening reports. We will update you on further developments may be the days of Oswald.

If this isn't a **** take, then these translation programmes are well sh1te. Makes F all sense this paragraph. Or have I just recovered from a stroke, and don't recognise English anymore?