Daniel Osvaldo - Signs 4 Year Deal

SO16_Saint

A couple of bits and pieces which may explain why Roma want rid of such a talented player

On 25 November, Osvaldo was apparently angry with teammate Erik Lamela after not receiving a pass during the 0–2 defeat at Udinese and was fined and suspended by his club for punching Lamela in the face.

In the club's 2013 Coppa Italia Final loss to Lazio (1–0), Osvaldo allegedly shouted at and insulted caretaking manager Aurelio Andreazzoli after the match for only being given 15 minutes of playing time off the substitute's bench. Osvaldo also refused to attend the Coppa Italia awards' ceremony in protest to the manager's decision.

Doesn't sound like the consummate professional to me.

AS Roma are trying to sign Strootman from PSV so they might be trying to make some funds available by selling Osvaldo quickly. If we're the only team interested at the moment then the situation between him and Lamela combined with AS Roma needing funds could push Osvaldo our way. I'm worried about his antics as well but on the other hand MP has been his manager before, he must know what he is getting into.

Not very positive responses underneath that story

Nazzareno Ing Patania

refused d again?? but want to understand that good teams nn want?

Fabrizio Bandini

Osvaldo **** ...

Lorenzo Michelini

If nn is leaving the place x he's taja l grass de trigoria ... so just what makes that little whore de **** ...

Club Cycle Passo Corese

Sloppily Cabinet

Fabio Fasano

that then goes to the city to do that? To remove dust from the bench seat

Sloppily Cabinet, what an insult!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/414616/Southampton-bid-to-ascend-to-heavenly-heights

Apparently MP and Osvaldo spotted together at Espanyol's training ground. Please footballing gods although this signing to happen.

Article just said, they were at Espanyol together not at training ground! Just hashing together story based on our noted interest I think!

Seems like he wants to go to Man City but they are looking at other players like Jovetic and even Ibra is a rumour now.

Dzeko is staying so I dont think they will pursuit Osvaldo leaving him with one less option.

Atletico Madrid was mentioned a couple of weeks ago but they have signed others now like Villa so that´s no option any more for him too....

It´s a waiting game at the moment but pressure from Roma directors are there and they want a quick solution of it....

And if we want a domino effect to get him interested I think Banega is the guy we should bring in.

Edited by Olallana

Osvaldo is going to leave Roma for sure. Today on gazzetta calcio mercato is revealing news on how he threatened to take on the Roma fans abusing him during a training session one at a time....some of the things Italian ultras can get away with at the training sessions is incredible- big banners saying he lacks respect, shouts that he is a traitor and crybaby, shouts to totti to tell osvaldo he should go etc.... Not a cat in hells chance he will stay at Roma after that. I think it was yesterday's morning training session at 9.45am so after they were done there I reckon osvaldo would be VERY incentivised to leave ..... Exactly like sporting director Sabattini unwittingly revealed he wanted him to be in that taped phone thing to the radio station where he failed to put he phone down and was overheard discussing the transfer policy( or was that a set-up?)

If Spalletti can convince him to go to Russia good luck to him.....I hope MoPo has got the pull of being his ex coach plus the EPL plus loads of cash to balance it out.....

Despite what they call the contestations in Rome over him ( basically harsh criticism by ultras) he is a top player. You usually don't get to play number 9 for Italy if you"re a muppet. Or score the goals he's scored in both seria A and La Liga. Has got something of the Batistuta about him for me - and what a great player he was....

In any case the player has got big balls ( or big ego- or both) to stand up to the abuse like that ... Interesting psyche.

Ps he trained alone in the gym for the afternoon training session yesterday ( wisely) because of a calf injury ( convenient) and the article still suggests zenit is his destination as he is not interested in Southampton. I think the bit about having turned us down is reversible - he knows about as much as most Italians know about Southampton - which is not much. A bit of a sales job from MP and NC could be all that it takes....plus maybe he WAS shown around the other day...........

Edited by Giordano

Osvaldo is going to leave Roma for sure. Today on gazzetta calcio mercato is revealing news on how he threatened to take on the Roma fans abusing him during a training session one at a time....some of the things Italian ultras can get away with at the training sessions is incredible- big banners saying he lacks respect, shouts that he is a traitor and crybaby, shouts to totti to tell osvaldo he should go etc.... Not a cat in hells chance he will stay at Roma after that. I think it was yesterday's morning training session at 9.30am so after they were done there I reckon osvaldo would be VERY incentivised to leave ..... Exactly like sporting director Sabattini unwittingly revealed he wanted him to be in that taped phone thing to the radio station where he failed to put he phone down and was overheard discussing the transfer policy( or was that a set-up?)

If Spalletti can convince him to go to Russia good luck to him.....I hope MoPo has got the pull of being his ex coach plus the EPL plus loads of cash to balance it out.....

Despite what they call the contestations in Rome over him ( basically harsh criticism by ultras) he is a top player. You usually don't get to play number 9 for Italy if you"re a muppet. Or score the goals he's scored in both seria A and La Liga. Has got something of the Batistuta about him for me - and what a great player he was....

In any case the player has got big balls ( or big ego- or both) to stand up to the abuse like that ... Interesting psyche.

Ps he trained alone in the gym for the afternoon training session yesterday ( wisely) because of a calf injury ( convenient) and the article still suggests zenit is his destination as he is not interested in Southampton. I think the bit about having turned us down is reversible - he knows about as much as most Italians know about Southampton - which is not much. A bit of a sales job from MP and NC could be all that it takes....plus maybe he WAS shown around the other day...........

Good read! FWIW, I think he was shown round, heard from 2 entirely different sources which is very unusual for me! Think he would be unreal for saints if he felt appreciated! Maybe wrong, but I would have him in a heartbeat!

Edited by thorpie the sinner

I guess we would become keen again if he changed his mind. With Damiao also unlikely we have probably moved to other targets too.

Osvaldo would be a dream, his pace, power, good footballing brain, heading ability and world class finishing would make us a serious proposition in the prem.

Ossie up front with Rickie in the Sherringham hole would be mouthwatering.

Come here Ossie, I guarantee you the fans would be eating out of your hands.

Strange one. He's going to need to make his mind up soon. Us and Zenit won't wait forever and will start working on other targets, Man City might go for another striker and he has no future whatsoever at Roma - playing a season without decent pre season prep isn't going to do his world cup hopes much good.

It was also widely reported that Wanyama wasn't interested in coming to us. I think this one has a bit longer to run...the player's position may well change when he realizes options available to him, and as Giordano says (great updates by the way) his position at Roma seems untenable. Doubt we could match the £80k a week salary offered by Zenit, but expect the signing-on fee would be significant.

Are we seriously looking at this ****?

tancredipalmeri: Rough confrontation between Osvaldo and Roma fans. The player replied to the protests: "I scored 200 goals, what the f you want more?"

I hope so. Great player. Strong character. I like him.:-).

Here is the video. http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/serie_a/roma/2013/07/15-68151/Nuovo+duro+confronto+tra+Osvaldo+e+i+tifosi

The fan is talking in a fairly strong roman accent, thankfully its the only one I really know (and speak) myself so translation should be 100%.

Paraphrased : Fan says - "can i tell you something", osvaldo comes closer,..."you really don't get it do you here in Rome?, You could have been the emperor here..." (for Roma fans it means being the boss player - the leader)...meanwhile osvaldo is listening intently and says "its you that's misunderstood".....to which the guy and a few others behind him and to the side (in outraged manner) reply- "it's us that gives you our support, its us that's got it wrong and don't get it?"( rhetorically speaking)....He carries on signing autographs, but without looking at them he says " i scored 200 goals wtf do you want?" (that's also kind of rhetorical in rome to speak like that and he uses roman slang nicely and its not as bad as you might think - but all the same its a no-no with your loyal supporters to say that anyway.....more people asking to shake his hand as he walks off..

As i've said previously...unlikely to stay at Roma...but will he join a club like saints? And could we cope with him? I Hope yes to both questions.

PS of course he did'nt score 200 goals for Roma- but that just highlights the rhetorical/hyperbolic nature of his retort- its for a real roman fans ear - not for anglo-saxons, part time supporters foreigners etc who might get a bit more outraged it came out of the mouth of SRL for instance...its not really that comparable...

Edited by Giordano

I hope so. Great player. Strong character. I like him.:-).

Here is the video. http://www.corrieredellosport.it/video/calcio/serie_a/roma/2013/07/15-68151/Nuovo+duro+confronto+tra+Osvaldo+e+i+tifosi

The fan is talking in a fairly strong roman accent, thankfully its the only one I really know (and speak) myself so translation should be 100%.

Paraphrased : Fan says - "can i tell you something", osvaldo comes closer,..."you really don't get it do you here in Rome?, You could have been the emperor here..." (for Roma fans it means being the boss player - the leader)...meanwhile osvaldo is listening intently and says "its you that's misunderstood".....to which the guy and a few others behind him and to the side (in outraged manner) reply- "it's us that gives you our support, its us that's got it wrong and don't get it?"( rhetorically speaking)....He carries on signing autographs, but without looking at them he says " i scored 200 goals for you wtf do you want?" (that's also kind of rhetorical in rome to speak like that and he uses roman slang nicely and its not as bad as you might think - but all the same its a no-no with your loyal supporters to say that anyway.....more people asking to shake his hand as he walks off..

As i've said previously...unlikely to stay at Roma...but will he join a club like saints? And could we cope with him? I Hope yes to both questions.

So do I mate

I really hope we don't sign him, he sounds far from a consumate professional and we don't need a pre-Madonna on the books, certainly not one who will throw a wobbly when lambert gets a game before him, or who is likely to punch lallanaby in the face for not passing the ball... Sounds like a great team player that will fit in with our well bonded and hard working team... nice quality guy.

Also, he doesn't want to be here, and he is 27.... please tell me we are not spending nearly £20m on this guy... I can't believe it and I hope it isn't true!