Keeping Track of the Contracts

Over land and sea

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Not really given him much of a reason to stay.

Not at all. Very frustrating when you have players of his quality not being given chances. One of the real negatives this season is the lack of chances for the (ours at least) youngsters.

Even SAA dropped out after a promising start. 

• 2 weeks later...

On current form we should definitely get an extension for Stuart Armstrong - (probably wouldn't want to move his family at this stage).

McCarthy has come to the end of the road, but Lumley is a likely longer term replacement .. (maybe get a trial run out in the Cup v. Walsall ?)

Surely Ché Adams will find a suitor somewhere in January.  He refuses to sign a new contract, but we will want to recoup some of his fee.

IF  he were to stay... he can walk in the summer - for nothing - and still be able pick up a juicy " loyalty bonus " ..( Haha !)     SELL NOW .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Over land and sea Thierry Rohart-Brown scored for the B team but isn’t on this list; not sure if he’s too young to officially be a scholar? Google suggests we got him in October from Reading as part of the Ballard loan deal.

And seeing as I’m messaging … thanks once again for your work on this - love this thread

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

@Over land and sea Thierry Rohart-Brown scored for the B team but isn’t on this list; not sure if he’s too young to officially be a scholar? Google suggests we got him in October from Reading as part of the Ballard loan deal.

And seeing as I’m messaging … thanks once again for your work on this - love this thread

You're welcome.

Yes I think he's in line to join as a 1st yeat scholar in the summer, which is why he's not listed on the OS either.  Last year I added a list of those pre-scholars that had played for the U18s (or U21s) - I will do that when I get a moment.  That list will form the bulk of next year's first year scholars

• Like 3

Updated squad lists have been published on the EFL website https://www.efl.com/news/2024/february/08/efl-squad-list--season-2023-24/

Over 21s (*=home grown)

1. Adams, Che Zach Everton Fred*
  2. Armstrong , Adam James*
  3. Armstrong, Stuart
  4. Ayodele-Aribo, Joseph*
  5. Bednarek, Jan
  6. Bree, James Patrick*
  7. Brooks, David Robert*
  8. Djalo, Ussumane ++
  9. Downes, Flynn*
  10. Fraser, Ryan
  11. Harwood-Bellis, Taylor Jay* ++
  12. Lumley, Joseph Patrick*
  13. Manning, Ryan Phelim*
  14. McCarthy, Alex Simon*
  15. Rothwell, Joseph Matthew*
  16. Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick*
  17. Stephens, Jack*
  18. Stewart, Ross Cameron
  19. Vokins, Jake*
  20. Walker-Peters, Kyle Leonardus*

++Although qualify as U21s, any loaned in player must be listed in the 25 man squad

Under 21 Contract players

1. Abu, Derrick
  2. Alcaraz Duran, Carlos Jonas
  3. Amo-Ameyaw, Samuel Christian Osaze K O
  4. Armitage, Will
  5. Awe, Zachariah
  6. Ballard, Dominic
  7. Bazunu, Gavin
  8. Boot, Nathanael Joshua Asiimwe
  9. Bragg, Cameron Roger
  10. Carson, Matthew
  11. Charles, Shea Emmanuel
  12. Davis, Sonnie Kelvin
  13. Dibling, Tyler-Jay
  14. Dobson-Ventura, Tommy Eric
  15. Edozie, Samuel Ikechukwu
  16. Edwards, Milan Diamond Lazane
  17. Ehibhatiomhan, Princewill Omonefe
  18. Hewlett, Jeremiah James
  19. Jeffries, Josh David
  20. Larios Lopez, Juan
  21. Lawrence, Nico
  22. Lett, Joshua Matthew
  23. Mara, Sekou
  24. McNamara, Joshua Anthony
  25. Meghoma, Jayden Ade Trindade
  26. Merry, William George
  27. Mohamed, Adli Hatim Othman Husain Elkhidir
  28. Moore, Jayden James
  29. O'Brien-Whitmarsh, Joseph Paul
  30. Payne, Lewis James
  31. Pearce, Luke Edward Andrew
  32. Simeu, Dynel Brown Kemgo
  33. Sulemana, Kamaldeen
  34. Williams, Barnaby Joe
  35. Wright, Oliver

A few points to note:

• Six over 21s who are out on loan are omitted while seven under 21s who are on loan are listed
  • Brandon Charles is omitted from the U21 list although he has signed a pro deal.
  • Nick Oyakunle's new contract came too late for him to make it to the U21 list (although Jeffries is included)
  • The under 21 list includes contracted players only - a further 19 scholars that have not yet signed pro deals are omitted (as well as Oyakunle/Brandon Charles).
  • Interesting to see Aldi Mohamed listed - it seems he has signed a pro deal.  He signed an extension to his scholarship last summer.
Edited by Over land and sea
Info about loaned in U21s
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/01/2024 at 15:11, Over land and sea said:

You're welcome.

Yes I think he's in line to join as a 1st yeat scholar in the summer, which is why he's not listed on the OS either.  Last year I added a list of those pre-scholars that had played for the U18s (or U21s) - I will do that when I get a moment.  That list will form the bulk of next year's first year scholars

I am also grateful for your updates on players.

As to underage players, I think we've seen Harrison Miles and Jay Robinson  turn out for the U21s on a few occasions this season

and I think they are both still around 15 / 16 ...or ? 

Edited by david in sweden

On 22/02/2024 at 21:41, 6ft8saint said:

Has kwp got a 30m buy back clause as surely he's worth way more than that now? On southampton newsnow today. Never heard it mentioned today

that wouldn't surprise me.    Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has a hand in every deal they do and he rarely misses a trick.   A buy back deal is quite likely. 

Historically we've always got the sh*tty end of the stick when dealing with Spurs, but KWP was a rare exception, but he's easily worth 30 million in today's market. 

35 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Dynel Simeu has confirmed to the Echo that he'll be leaving at the end of his contract in the summer. 

Top lad.  He will do very well in his career, IMO.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what he is doing at present?  He does not seem to play many games.  He went out on loan a couple of times and I remember that he did well at Carlisle and seemed to have been well regarded by the manager and fans.  But I have not heard much of him this season.  He has the physicality needed for a reasonable cb and his background suggests that he should be skilful enough to play competently for a Championship side now or in future.  He’s gone off my radar so I do not know how he is getting on now.  If he does go, I wish him a good and long career at a progressive club.

3 hours ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

Does anyone know what he is doing at present?  He does not seem to play many games.  He went out on loan a couple of times and I remember that he did well at Carlisle and seemed to have been well regarded by the manager and fans.  But I have not heard much of him this season.  He has the physicality needed for a reasonable cb and his background suggests that he should be skilful enough to play competently for a Championship side now or in future.  He’s gone off my radar so I do not know how he is getting on now.  If he does go, I wish him a good and long career at a progressive club.

Rehab. Has been injured for a long time.