Keeping Track of the Contracts

Over land and sea

13 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Not sure but in recent times Kelvin Davis or Dennis Wise? How old was Chris Perry?

Dave Beasent and Chris Woods were towards the end of their careers at saints! 

saying that, Beasent went on to Forest (I think) after saints, so could not have been as old

20 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

There's that bit in 2001: A Space Odyssey where one caveman raises a boulder to bludgeon his victim. As the rock falls, Budgie dives in and deflects it round the mouth of the cave.  🙂

I don't recall seeing any of the cavemen dojng handstands. Need to watch it again though, been a while.

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't recall seeing any of the cavemen dojng handstands. Need to watch it again though, been a while.

Kubrick was well known for getting rid of anything not used in the film. But a small section of film evaded this, showing the two cavemen tribes doing warm ups before their battle, with budgie parrying projectiles.

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

Has Willy actually signed a contract? It currently says on page 1 that he's here until 2023, but hadn't seen that announced.

Not that I've seen, but we do seem to have got in a job lot of keepers today, so you never know.

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Kubrick was well known for getting rid of anything not used in the film. But a small section of film evaded this, showing the two cavemen tribes doing warm ups before their battle, with budgie parrying projectiles.

Not that I've seen, but we do seem to have got in a job lot of keepers today, so you never know.

I've had to give up on the OS as the official source of contract info as it is wholly unreliable.  There are some reports from usually reliable sources that Willy has signed an extension of one year.

1 hour ago, Over land and sea said:

I've had to give up on the OS as the official source of contract info as it is wholly unreliable.  There are some reports from usually reliable sources that Willy has signed an extension of one year.

It would be a decent option. I thought he improved in his second game, and he has bags of experience.

3 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Dan N'Lundulu gone out on loan to Cheltenham Town until January. Hopefully Dan does really well there and comes back fighting for a place in the squad :)

He won't. Miles away from being good enough for us. He'll do well to make a career in the football league.

On the contract side we have lost and saved annual salary of:
Fraser Forster       £3.7m
Harry Lewis           £0.62m
Shane Long           £3.0m
Broja                       £0.442m + Loan Fee
Prospective Moves Away
Djenepo                 £1.7m
Walcott                  £3.6m
Valery                    £0.832m
Lyanco                   £2.6m
Contracts Extended (previous wage costs shown)
McCarthy               £2.7m +/-
Stephens                £2.6m +/-
Contracts with 0ne year remaining
Tella                         £0.468m
Romeu                     £3.0m
Redmond                £3.8m
Elyonoussi              £3.0m

To be taken into consideration is the arrival of 2 new 'keepers and Cabellero's one year contract extension, a central defender and a midfielder probabaly at an overall wages cost of £9-10m.
Hopefully there will be a much needed striker and may be a defensive midfielder and it is likely that once fit Livramento's agent will be looking to improve on the lads reported £364k per annum salary.

20 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

On the contract side we have lost and saved annual salary of:
Fraser Forster       £3.7m
Harry Lewis           £0.62m
Shane Long           £3.0m
Broja                       £0.442m + Loan Fee
Prospective Moves Away
Djenepo                 £1.7m
Walcott                  £3.6m
Valery                    £0.832m
Lyanco                   £2.6m
Contracts Extended (previous wage costs shown)
McCarthy               £2.7m +/-
Stephens                £2.6m +/-
Contracts with 0ne year remaining
Tella                         £0.468m
Romeu                     £3.0m
Redmond                £3.8m
Elyonoussi              £3.0m

To be taken into consideration is the arrival of 2 new 'keepers and Cabellero's one year contract extension, a central defender and a midfielder probabaly at an overall wages cost of £9-10m.
Hopefully there will be a much needed striker and may be a defensive midfielder and it is likely that once fit Livramento's agent will be looking to improve on the lads reported £364k per annum salary.

Sorry but I lost track of the fact that we signed the lad from Man City as a defensive midfielder and suspect he will add £50k per week to the wage bill!!

On 11/07/2022 at 11:10, spyinthesky said:

Sorry but I lost track of the fact that we signed the lad from Man City as a defensive midfielder and suspect he will add £50k per week to the wage bill!!

I'd be surprised if we were paying him that much straight out the Man City U23s. 

2 hours ago, tajjuk said:

I'd be surprised if we were paying him that much straight out the Man City U23s. 

He has been signed to go straight into the first team squad (and probably starting line-up relatively quickly). So Lavia and his agent may expect first team PL wages to match his squad role.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Younger age groups

just a couple from the junior groups showing up.   Perhaps unusual but not totally uncommon.

Tyler Dibling was 15 when he came into the U18 side last season, and Dom Ballard was just 16 . 

Historical note:  Jake Vokins got his (then) U23 debut whilst still aged 15, and kept his place for several games afterwards.

There are several more Saints lads who have already been taken into  England U16 squad, but not played for Saints U18s yet.

32 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

just a couple from the junior groups showing up.   Perhaps unusual but not totally uncommon.

Tyler Dibling was 15 when he came into the U18 side last season, and Dom Ballard was just 16 . 

Historical note:  Jake Vokins got his (then) U23 debut whilst still aged 15, and kept his place for several games afterwards.

There are several more Saints lads who have already been taken into  England U16 squad, but not played for Saints U18s yet.

All true.  Lots of injuries in the youth ranks so it’s been quite fluid in regards to who trains where & and who features “up” an age. 

Firstly, many thanks as always to Over Land and Sea for the excellent work yesterday on keeping track of all this. Always appreciated by me.

Looking at the longest contracted players (26 & 27) shows what excellent work the club has done recently, and also how exciting the future looks. 
A couple of years ago we were strangled by having players we didn’t want on long, expensive deals. Now (apart Liz which still confuses me) we’ve got exciting talent.

Ok, so not all of them will work out, but equally their wages won’t be excessive. 
There’s 12 players on deals ending 26/27 and you can make the following team (excluding Liz)

Bazunu

Livramento ABK DCC Larios

Aribo JWP Lavia Edozie

Mara Morgan

Realistically both Mara and Morgan are not out and out strikers which helps demonstrate the gaping hole in our squad, and of course Morgan (though very highly rated) is yet to kick a ball for us. But that leaves us 10 of the 11 spots filled until 2026 with real talent and potential.

Add in the prospects of Pearce, Payne, Edwards, Ballard, Doyle and now the returning Dibling and I think there’s real cause for optimism.

Great work by the club. If only we could have nailed that number 9 we need …

Edited by Chewy
Spelling

The 25 man squads have been published on the PL website.  Our squad is, as expected, only 18 players over 21 years old plus 57 players who are under 21. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2786707

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

1. Abdul Karim, Mohamed Salisu
  2. Adams, Che Sac Everton Fred*
  3. Armstrong , Adam James*
  4. Armstrong, Stuart
  5. Ayodele-Aribo, Joseph
  6. Caballero Lazcano, Wilfredo Daniel
  7. Caleta-Car, Duje
  8. Diallo, Ibrahima
  9. Djenepo, Moussa
  10. El Younossi, Mohamed
  11. Evangelista Silveira Neves Vojnovic, Lyanco
  12. Lancashire, Oliver*
  13. Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
  14. McCarthy, Alex Simon*
  15. Perraud, Romain Paul Jean Michel
  16. Walcott, Theo James*
  17. Walker-Peters, Kyle Leonardus*
  18. Ward-Prowse, James Michael Edward*

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

1. Amo-Ameyaw, Samuel Christian Osaze K O
  2. Andrews, Joseph Daniel
  3. Armitage, Will
  4. Babic, Goran Gogo
  5. Bailey, Isaac Joseph
  6. Bailey, Samuel James
  7. Ballard, Dominic
  8. Bazunu, Gavin
  9. Bella-Kotchap, Armel
  10. Bellis, Samuel Lawrence Alexander
  11. Boot, Nathanael Joshua Asiimwe
  12. Bragg, Cameron Roger
  13. Bycroft, Jack Thomas (loan)
  14. Carson, Matthew
  15. Charles, Brandon Davis
  16. Chauke, Kgaogelo (loan)
  17. Chavez-Munoz, Ryan Jorge
  18. Davis, Sonnie
  19. Dibling, Tyler-Jay
  20. Doyle, Kamari Olivier
  21. Edmondson, Tyler James
  22. Edozie, Samuel Ikechukwu
  23. Edwards, Milan Diamond Lazane
  24. Evans, Reggie James
  25. Finnigan, Ryan James
  26. Hall, Matthew
  27. Hartness, Ethan Andre Thomas
  28. Hewlett, Jeremiah James
  29. Higgs, Tommy Lee
  30. Jeffries, Josh David
  31. Larios Lopez, Juan
  32. Lavia, Romeo
  33. Lawrence, Nico
  34. Lett, Joshua Matthew
  35. Livramento, Valentino
  36. Mara, Sekou
  37. Merry, William George
  38. Mohamed, Adli Hatim Othman Husain Elkhidir
  39. Morgan, Jimmy-Jay
  40. Olaigbe, Kazeem Aderemi J. (loan)
  41. Otseh-Taiwo, Zuriel
  42. Pambou Makaya, Leon
  43. Payne, Lewis James
  44. Pearce, Luke Edward Andrew
  45. Prescott, Alfie Leo
  46. Rodriguez Borja, Jeremi Alexander
  47. Ross-Lang, Fedel
  48. Simeu, Dynel Brown Kemgo (loan)
  49. Small, Thierry (loan)
  50. Squires, Joshua David
  51. Stepien Iwumene, Emeka Alex
  52. Tizzard, Wiliam (loan)
  53. Turner, Jack
  54. Watts, Caleb Cassius (loan)
  55. Woods, Harvey James (loan)
  56. Wright, Oliver
  57. Wright, Rylee

Those under 21s out on loan are listed.  In the over 21 list we omit 7 players out on loan (as we are not required to list them):

•          Bednarek, Jan
  •         Lis, Mateusz
  •         Nlundulu, Dan*
  •          Smallbone, William Anthony Patrick*
  •          Stephens, Jack*
  •          Tella, Nathan*
  •          Vokins, Jake*

I note the OS profiles have been updated to include the new scholars and has moved last season's 2nd year scholars into the  B team.  Tyler Dibling is excluded from U18s.  The B team includes 5 players who are out on loan but the other 10 players out on loan are excluded.  That may get corrected.  I doubt some of those listed in the U18 list will  play much for the U18s - e.g. Ballard, Morgan, Bragg, Doyle - but they are still 2nd year scholars (1st year for Morgan).

Edited by Over land and sea
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

He did, I believe. He's a year younger than the other one, so only 15 and not yet a full scholar and no need to announce it. 

I'd expect him in the new scholarship intake next summer. 

I’d heard (last week) it wasn’t done yet.  Unsure what the hold up was. Imagine there’s lots in for him.