Keeping Track of the Contracts

Over land and sea

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Good move for him!  He's starting for them tonight.

Interesting to see who plays at left-back for the B-Team now -- Unless anyone is switching positions (or we have trialists there) it leaves us with Carson / J-Rod v2.0 or Joshua Lett as left-backs.

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good move for him!  He's starting for them tonight.

Interesting to see who plays at left-back for the B-Team now -- Unless anyone is switching positions (or we have trialists there) it leaves us with Carson / J-Rod v2.0 or Joshua Lett as left-backs.

Slightly surprised by that, but he's not first team ready (or material) but regular games at a higher level than u23's won't do him any harm. 

The u23 side is looking very weak this season, and if we plunder the u18's again they'll struggle as well. Will be interesting. 

There is no way Saints were going to let contracts for all 3 keepers expire in 2022 (includes Lewis), you can't go into a situation of potentially having no pro keepers on your books. The strategy (in my view) was to get rid of Forster this window (more expensive of the two and in Ralph's opinion the more expendable), but Forster decided (quite reasonably) that he was better off financially seeing out his ridiculous contract than going somewhere else, no-one being apparently willing to take on his huge wage requirements for this year, when they could get him for nowt next summer. So Saints are stuck with FF, and without him off the wage bill cannot bring in the replacement/new keeper that they had planned. I still hold out a (very) feint hope that Forster might go this window but whether we have replacement locked in to come at very short notice is the problem (probably not). If anyone is to blame for this situation with the GKs its Les and FF, for stupid contract extension and FF deciding (quite justifiably) that he is better off sitting on the bench (and getting run outs in the Cups like tonight). Whatever anyone thinks of McCarthy, Forster is not the answer. 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2021 at 19:45, VectisSaint said:

There is no way Saints were going to let contracts for all 3 keepers expire in 2022 (includes Lewis), you can't go into a situation of potentially having no pro keepers on your books. The strategy (in my view) was to get rid of Forster this window (more expensive of the two and in Ralph's opinion the more expendable), but Forster decided (quite reasonably) that he was better off financially seeing out his ridiculous contract than going somewhere else, no-one being apparently willing to take on his huge wage requirements for this year, when they could get him for nowt next summer. So Saints are stuck with FF, and without him off the wage bill cannot bring in the replacement/new keeper that they had planned. I still hold out a (very) feint hope that Forster might go this window but whether we have replacement locked in to come at very short notice is the problem (probably not). If anyone is to blame for this situation with the GKs its Les and FF, for stupid contract extension and FF deciding (quite justifiably) that he is better off sitting on the bench (and getting run outs in the Cups like tonight). Whatever anyone thinks of McCarthy, Forster is not the answer. 

The only part of that I disagree with is that any of this is FF fault. Nobody is to blame for saying yes to a lucrative contract, and nobody in their right mind would walk away from it. He's a bright lad, well advised, and understandably he'll happily take what we agreed to pay him. Now the idiots that have him that deal, that's a other thing! 

11 hours ago, egg said:

The only part of that I disagree with is that any of this is FF fault. Nobody is to blame for saying yes to a lucrative contract, and nobody in their right mind would walk away from it. He's a bright lad, well advised, and understandably he'll happily take what we agreed to pay him. Now the idiots that have him that deal, that's a other thing! 

I did say 'if' anyone is to blame, and that it was quite reasonable for him to decide to stay. Can't really blame him at all, I'm sure I would have done the same, but there's no doubt he is largely the cause of the issue, maybe that's a better description rather than fault. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nope, club have not announced it.

According to the guy from the Atheltic, it is official. As in the club have formally furnished the information to journalists (same with the new 4 year contract for Stephens). They just haven't announced it on the club's official platforms/website.

Extending either of those contracts (McCarthy, Stephens) would be an act of sheer lunacy. Run down their contracts and let them leave if they wish.

Believe me they will be begging for a new contact once they realise no other team in the PL will take a second glance at them. It is time to finish clearing out the closet and dumping the rubbish.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

According to the guy from the Atheltic, it is official. As in the club have formally furnished the information to journalists (same with the new 4 year contract for Stephens). They just haven't announced it on the club's official platforms/website.

I'd class 'official' as being when the club announce it publicly. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but why delay an announcement?

On 27/08/2021 at 09:02, VectisSaint said:

I did say 'if' anyone is to blame, and that it was quite reasonable for him to decide to stay. Can't really blame him at all, I'm sure I would have done the same, but there's no doubt he is largely the cause of the issue, maybe that's a better description rather than fault. 

What issue ?

He is just fullfilling his contract is he not he had a horrible injury and some mental health issues and I believe his contract was amended but when he signed his contract he was a decent keeper was he not

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'd class 'official' as being when the club announce it publicly. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but why delay an announcement?

Yep, seems odd to delay it. It went through my mind that they may want to tie it up with another announcement but its hard to see what. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'd class it as official as soon as they formally and unambiguously tell someone outside of the club. I'm putting the delay down to incompetence, most likley. The administrative side of the club seems a bit chaotic at the moment.

On 26/08/2021 at 21:53, egg said:

Exactly this……..FF’s father is a QC and a former/current Judge. All footballers are advised I’m sure but in Fraser’s case he’s probably bright enough to realise a number of things himself.

FF was offered a new contract but turned it down. My inference from that is that FF was preferred over AM but as he is obviously leaving at the end of the season and AM has signed a new contract, AM will be #1 this season and #2 thereafter when a replacement for FF is signed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the full list.  https://www.premierleague.com/news/2247219

With one exception, there are no surprises.  We have listed 24 over 21s and 49 under 21s.  The only contracted player omitted is Dan NLundulu who is the only over 21 out on loan.

The surprise (to me anyway) is the listing of someone called Adli Hatim Othman Husain Elkhidir Mohamed.  I have never heard of him!

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2021/22 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 2000.

25 Squad players

First name Surname  
Mohamed Salisu Abdul Karim  
Che Sac Everton Fred Adams HGP
Adam James  Armstrong  HGP
Stuart Armstrong  
Jan Bednarek  
Ibrahima Diallo  
Moussa Djenepo  
Mohamed El Younossi  
Lyanco Evangelista Silveira Neves Vojnovic  
Fraser Gerard Forster HGP
Oliver Lancashire HGP
Harry Charles John Lewis HGP
Shane Patrick Long HGP
Alex Simon McCarthy HGP
Samuel James McQueen HGP
Romain Paul Jean Michel Perraud  
Nathan Daniel Jerome Redmond HGP
Jack Stephens HGP
Nathan Tella HGP
Yan Valery HGP
Oriol Romeu Vidal  
Theo James Walcott HGP
Kyle Leonardus Walker-Peters HGP
James Michael Edward Ward-Prowse HGP

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

First names Surname  
Goran Gogo Babic HGP
Samuel James Bailey HGP
Dominic Ballard HGP
Edward James Beach  
Samuel Lawrence Alexander Bellis HGP
Cameron Roger Bragg HGP
Armando Broja HGP
Ethan Burnett HGP
Jack Thomas Bycroft HGP
Matthew Carson  
Kgaogelo Chauke HGP
Ryan Jorge Chavez-Munoz HGP
Teddy Jay Davey HGP
Sonnie Davis HGP
Kamari Olivier Doyle  
Milan Diamond Lazane Edwards HGP
William Ferry HGP
Ryan James Finnigan HGP
Matthew Hall HGP
Jeremiah James Hewlett  
Tommy Lee Higgs HGP
Joshua Matthew Lett HGP
Gustav Erik Lillienberg  
Valentino Livramento HGP
Ramello Dejorn Mitchell HGP
Adli Hatim Othman Husain Elkhidir Mohamed  
Kazeem Aderemi J. Olaigbe  
Oludare Samuel Araba Olufunwa HGP
Zuriel Otseh-Taiwo  
Leon Pambou Makaya  
Lewis James Payne HGP
Luke Edward Andrew Pearce HGP
Kayne Ramsay HGP
Jeremi Alexander Rodriguez Borja  
Fedel Ross-Lang HGP
Dynel Brown Kemgo Simeu HGP
Benjamin Smales Braithwaite HGP
Thierry Small HGP
William Anthony Patrick Smallbone HGP
Jayden Pharell Llamar Mills Smith HGP
Joshua David Squires HGP
Wiliam Tizzard HGP
Kaya Sean Tshaka HGP
Jack Turner HGP
Jake Vokins HGP
Caleb Cassius Watts HGP
Harvey James Woods HGP
Oliver Wright HGP
Rylee

Wright

Edited by Over land and sea
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Where did you see that? Someone has edited the Saints Wikipedia page to say he is a goalkeeper from the UAE, but I can't find anything about him from any reliable source. Makes adding him on FM22 difficult! 😁

Didn’t know about the Wiki link, but believe it’s accurate. 

On 12/09/2021 at 11:54, Matthew Le God said:

Where did you see that? Someone has edited the Saints Wikipedia page to say he is a goalkeeper from the UAE, but I can't find anything about him from any reliable source. Makes adding him on FM22 difficult! 😁

Was on the bench on Saturday.

Definitely a keeper. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good news. Has had a really good season and can seemingly play all over the pitch.

Great news. He has had a really strong start to the season with the B team. Scoring and assisting quite a few already. He is versatile too and I'm sure Ralph has been keeping a close eye on his progress :)

• Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 17:11, davefizzy14 said:

Great news. He has had a really strong start to the season with the B team. Scoring and assisting quite a few already. He is versatile too and I'm sure Ralph has been keeping a close eye on his progress :)

Yup great stuff.  It's abiout a 10 year cycle, so this set of kids coming through, would have been brought into the club just as we were back in the premier league.  Will expect a lot more talents over the next few years, than the last 10.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2021 at 10:06, Saint Garrett said:

Yup great stuff.  It's abiout a 10 year cycle, so this set of kids coming through, would have been brought into the club just as we were back in the premier league.  Will expect a lot more talents over the next few years, than the last 10.

unless Chelsea's youth system ramp up over that period hasn't completely swept up all the talent.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2013 at 08:58, Over land and sea said:

• Alex McCarthy
  • Fraser Forster
  • Harry Lewis*
  • Oliver Wright*
  • Matthew Hall*
  • Zuriel Otseh-Taiwan*
  • Oludare Olufunwa
  • Jack Stephens
  • Will Tizzard*
  • Ethan Burnett*
  • Jack Turner*
  • Kgaogelo Chauke
  • Shane Long
  • Benni Smales-Braithwaite
  • Ramello Mitchell
  • Jayden Smith*
  • Sam Bellis
  • Kazeem Olaigbe
  • Armando Broja (end of loan)

Scholars not on a professional contract

• Gustav Lillienberg
  • Eddie Beach
  • Matthew Carson
  • Kaya Tshaka
  • Harvey Woods
  • Sam Bailey
  • Teddy Davey

That’s a big chunk of academy players to make decisions on still.  We’re now at the stage where we will see players go on trial at lower league clubs to see who we might not be keeping.

PS -  7 goal-keepers (!)

36 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

That’s a big chunk of academy players to make decisions on still.  We’re now at the stage where we will see players go on trial at lower league clubs to see who we might not be keeping.

PS -  7 goal-keepers (!)

Teddy Davey has been on loan at Poole Town for the past month (not sure if he’s still there).

On 06/12/2021 at 09:19, Saint_clark said:

Dragging the ball back with his right foot to change direction, I assume. 

Looks to me like we might be letting Stephens go on a free 🤞

so Stephens (and McCarthy) haven't signed new contracts as reported earlier in the year by The Athletic then? What's going on there. Very strange.