January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Liverpool Echo suggesting Everton will bid for Jay Rodriguez after Lukaku's injury last night.

Return to the NW may possible attract JR would Everton be able to improve upon Jay's wages or be a more attractive long term prospect

Would leave us very short of experienced strikers IF it happens

Can't see why that would be, they've just signed an 8ft striker on loan from Monaco, they've got all the strikers they need.

Liverpool Echo suggesting Everton will bid for Jay Rodriguez after Lukaku's injury last night.

Return to the NW may possible attract JR would Everton be able to improve upon Jay's wages or be a more attractive long term prospect

Would leave us very short of experienced strikers IF it happens

They simply have no chance. He'd cost around £10m, they don't have that sort of money spare. They may get a loan in.

Vucinc, Luis Muriel, Eder...Astori, Vela......all been linked over the last week or 2

Mirko Vucinic is looking the most likely going on the reports and the origins of the reports.

This is all twitter/net rumours though right? has anyone ITK posted anything concrete?

Vucinc, Luis Muriel, Eder...Astori, Vela......all been linked over the last week or 2

Mirko Vucinic is looking the most likely going on the reports and the origins of the reports.

None of them seem all that likely to me. In the past we've had pretty concrete speculation leading up to a deal being done, with the exception of Boruc and Lovren.

None of them seem all that likely to me. In the past we've had pretty concrete speculation leading up to a deal being done, with the exception of Boruc and Lovren.

But normally deals are weeks or months in the making, so more people get to know and leak. I guess this one is being rushed through in days because of the unexpected Osvaldo situation.

But normally deals are weeks or months in the making, so more people get to know and leak. I guess this one is being rushed through in days because of the unexpected Osvaldo situation.

Yep my take as well. And in Osvaldo's case as much determined by other teams demands as our own.

Vucinic would be an incredible signing. top player. But where is the rumour coming from? Haven't seen a source yet? Are people just getting it from twitter?

FC_Internazionale_logo_normal.pngInter Milan News@InterMilanNow 24m

Southampton ask Juventus for Vucinic in Osvaldo talks - Southampton are interested in Juventus striker Mirko Vu... http://ow.ly/2DmxuT

Twitter is the place to be to be ITK

Christ. Never expected that. Vucinic is top quality. 2 years older and won't have much resale value but if we'd paid £13m in the summer for him I'd have been ecstatic. Couple of seasons of a top quality forward is worth it. Hope that happens.

I agree - I imagine it'll be a loan exchange to start with?

I'd rather have Ings, Vucinic's record at actually putting the ball in the net isn't great.

Vucinic is attempting to put the ball in the net of a goal defended by top flight players in Italy where as Ings is doing it in the Championship. I'm not dismissing Ings as he does look promising, but you can't really draw comparisons on goal record. Vucinic is an established player (although now out of favour) at one of Europe's top clubs and in a better league than Ings.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'd rather have Ings, Vucinic's record at actually putting the ball in the net isn't great.

Once again another little englander who can't tell the difference between an efficient striker in a top european league and a second division hotshot. We'll not sign either of them as likely as not so it's academic anyway.

Once again another little englander who can't tell the difference between an efficient striker in a top european league and a second division hotshot. We'll not sign either of them as likely as not so it's academic anyway.

Our team is built around young players with something to prove and always will be.

Christ. Never expected that. Vucinic is top quality. 2 years older and won't have much resale value but if we'd paid £13m in the summer for him I'd have been ecstatic. Couple of seasons of a top quality forward is worth it. Hope that happens.
I'm not sure what his sources are, but the author doesn't look particularly ITK?

I agree but we're talking about someone who is very good so it's not relevant.

It'd be a garbage signing, everyone needs to stop getting so carried away about how good these players are compared to how good our team actually is. We're a top half premiership team now, yet every time we're linked with anyone remotely well known they're somehow out of our league and amazing.

It's better to sign someone unproven then proven to be mediocre.

Ings has scored 16 of his 22 goals for Burnley in the last 25 games, good return but it's very one seasonist. Look what happened with Andy Carrol.

Are there any one season wonders that have made it in the premiership, Dean Ashton? That Preston bloke who played for Pompey??

It'd be a garbage signing, everyone needs to stop getting so carried away about how good these players are compared to how good our team actually is. We're a top half premiership team now, yet every time we're linked with anyone remotely well known they're somehow out of our league and amazing.

We cant go the rest of the season with what have; we need a signing and we need to get rid of Osvaldo - all the space of a few days. If we sign someone half decent on a rest of season loan and sort out the longer term at leisure in the summer that would be great business imo.

In typical SWF style some will get carried away as the guy plays for Juventus "must therefore be good"

Like you say his goal scoring record is modest and his all round game for me is fairly average. His age + the fact that he doesn’t want to move are also unavoidable downsides.

I watch a lot of Italian football so consider myself qualified to comment - there are pros and cons for Vucinic, but given our style of play and his qualities I simply don’t see this as a match. and for the quoted £13 million :lol:

A loan for Stevan Jovetić or The little pea would be amazing - Vucinic would be more meh.

In typical SWF style some will get carried away as the guy plays for Juventus "must therefore be good"

Like you say his goal scoring record is modest and his all round game for me is fairly average. His age + the fact that he doesn’t want to move are also unavoidable downsides.

I watch a lot of Italian football so consider myself qualified to comment - there are pros and cons for Vucinic, but given our style of play and his qualities I simply don’t see this as a match. and for the quoted £13 million :lol:

A loan for Stevan Jovetić or The little pea would be amazing - Vucinic would be more meh.

Whats the word on the street, pal?

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alfredopedulla.com%2Farticoli%2F37443-esclusiva_osvaldo_juve_ore_calde_la_situazione

Are hot for the future hours of Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. An intermediary is in England to assess the possibility of a costly loan, with repayment guaranteed. The Southampton opened, Juve hopes to be ready in the event of the transfer of at least one of Vucinic and Quagliarella. The opportunities are there and can materialize in the late afternoon. There are other clubs that push, especially Valencia, but the Juve remains abundantly.

Seems Juve are negotiating a loan for Osvaldo, but it will only go through if Vucinic or Quagliarella are moved on.