January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Poch said we had been looking in England and abroad. Wonder who we've looked at in England?

Berbatov apparently. Wouldn't say no, available for a couple of million.

Don't think he's a serious option though. Reckon we've weighed up priorities...and it could well be that Lovren's injury is worst than first though?

Poch said we had been looking in England and abroad. Wonder who we've looked at in England?

Don't think he's a serious option though. Reckon we've weighed up priorities...and it could well be that Lovren's injury is worst than first though?

What makes you think that?

Just a lazy inaccurate rehash of the Guarin swap rubbish from weeks ago. Still, they managed to not be too sexist, homophobic or racist in this article so good for them.

Although they did refer to Fonte calling Ossie a " homo spick b*tch"...make of that what you will.

“What we are assessing is the balance of the squad. Obviously, we have had people working with this and maybe we will see something in the next few days.

“We are assessing several possibilities. We are working here in England, as well as abroad, and we will see if we have to make a decision.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/talking-points-mauricio-pochettino-27012013-1320513.aspx#o6fzGZqKdYXk9Xy9.99

Reckon he'd be a good fit for our high-pressing, close down from the front style?

Something I heard on Saturday, but didn't take it as gospel to be honest. But it's a realistic option I guess, Fulham are open to it in this window as Berbatov has requested it.

Its hard to see him being a Pochettino type player. On his day he is a superb player, but if anything his lack of work rate is the complete opposite of what you'd expect Pochettino to be looking to sign. He also will turn 33 years old on 30th January, so again doesn't match our previous transfer policy.

Its hard to see him being a Pochettino type player. On his day he is a superb player, but if anything his lack of work rate is the complete opposite of what you'd expect Pochettino to be looking to sign.

Fully agreed, but to be fair our options may be limited and we do need additions.

S Clarke are you on a wind up or been on the beer my son?

You normally talk sense, but are you seriously saying Beebatov would be a good signing for us? Really? Honestly? Has one of the wind up merchants hacked your account?

I didn't say he would? Just relaying what I heard!

If we could get him for £2million and sell Osvaldo for the reported fee to Valencia then this would surely be good business till the end of the season.

I do agree that with the pressing game would he fit our style but he is a proven PL goalscorer. Who knows.

If we could get him for £2million and sell Osvaldo for the reported fee to Valencia then this would surely be good business till the end of the season.

I do agree that with the pressing game would he fit our style but he is a proven PL goalscorer. Who knows.

Absolutely NOT.

our team is full of energetic hungry youthful players and you want to sign a lazy passed it merchinary in Berbatov? Yes let's undo all the good work that has gone into picking only players that fit both in footballing skill and personality

Papers saying it's Pap!ss Cissé we've inquired about (loan move with option to sign in the Summer).

He's the definition of 'purple patch' !

Looked good during that spell, but teams seem to have got the hang of him now. Looks pretty average to say the least, and when Ameobi is ahead of you....you know you've got issues! ;)

I'm a big fan of Hernandez. Boy knows where the goal is, and capitalises on mistakes ruthlessly. Conventional wisdom might suggest he's way out of our league. I'd be quite interested in seeing him and JRod play together. Not sure if it'd work, seem to eke a lot of their goals from the same places, but if our game is all about pressurising the opposition into f**king up, that would be an interesting front line.

This is from another rumour site which I follow and they seem to have some good insight and up to date info. Remember it is only a rumour, but this is the type of player I would like (no slow lazy berbatov, no miss-firing Cisse, no poor attitude ince, no unproven ings) and the kind of player MP would get, no mention in all the rags about this player (Southampton out of the blue style) and exciting young player that ticks all the right boxes............Luis Muriel!!!

Luis Fernando Muriel Fruto (born 16 April 1991) is a Colombian striker. He currently plays for Italian Serie A club Udinese.

He has been considered to be one of the most promising strikers in world football. Often receiving praise from European dominants, Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona. During his first season with Udinese, Muriel won the Serie A Young Footballer of the Year along with Stephan El Shaarawy. is technique with the ball as led to many comparisons to that of Brazilian legend Ronaldo. Muriel's acceleration, speed, dribbling, ball control, aim for goal and passing accuracy are his key attributes.

here are the rumours...lets hope this has some truth it........

27 Jan 2014 20:13:21

"Saints have flown in a striker from Udinese Calcio tonight & he will be at the game tomorrow"

"Wouldn't mind it being Muriel or Nicolas Lopez both Lacey and young."

"Udinese are hoping Di Natale stays on for another season but they are not sure if he will. He is 30 but a class goalscorer with a lethal eye at goal, according to the club website."

"This was an exciting post to see! Luis Muriel would be a great investment if it's him, valued at 12 million so a swap of some sort with Osvaldo would be fair. Di Natale is a fantastic goal scorer but doesn't provide the same investment for the long term. Nicolas Lopez only signed for them from Roma back in the summer and the fact that he's only 20 makes him the most unlikely as we have our own youngsters on the fringes of the first team."

This is from another rumour site which I follow and they seem to have some good insight and up to date info. Remember it is only a rumour, but this is the type of player I would like (no slow lazy berbatov, no miss-firing Cisse, no poor attitude ince, no unproven ings) and the kind of player MP would get, no mention in all the rags about this player (Southampton out of the blue style) and exciting young player that ticks all the right boxes............Luis Muriel!!!

Luis Fernando Muriel Fruto (born 16 April 1991) is a Colombian striker. He currently plays for Italian Serie A club Udinese.

He has been considered to be one of the most promising strikers in world football. Often receiving praise from European dominants, Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona. During his first season with Udinese, Muriel won the Serie A Young Footballer of the Year along with Stephan El Shaarawy. is technique with the ball as led to many comparisons to that of Brazilian legend Ronaldo. Muriel's acceleration, speed, dribbling, ball control, aim for goal and passing accuracy are his key attributes.

"Saints have flown in a striker from Udinese Calcio tonight & he will be at the game tomorrow"

"Udinese are hoping Di Natale stays on for another season but they are not sure if he will. He is 30 but a class goalscorer with a lethal eye at goal, according to the club website."

"This was an exciting post to see! Luis Muriel would be a great investment if it's him, valued at 12 million so a swap of some sort with Osvaldo would be fair. Di Natale is a fantastic goal scorer but doesn't provide the same investment for the long term. Nicolas Lopez only signed for them from Roma back in the summer and the fact that he's only 20 makes him the most unlikely as we have our own youngsters on the fringes of the first team."

Good stuff - the window is warming up. I predict an entertaining Friday for us.

I like that they're Lacey too - it's the new hungry.

Maybe. Bridcutt would be cheaper and Poyet will already know him well from his time at BHA.

Banega is the great enigma of the press. On one hand he's off to Utd with a £20M price tag. Then he's rated at £6M on another report.

He's reported to be available on loan somewhere else too! - I've never seen reports on a player be so wildly all over the place.

Di Natale is MUCH older than 30...