January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Will be more than happy with that, he's another player who I'd put in the 'champions league' quality bracket.

We'd get the better of that deal, I think.

He's getting on a bit - possibly has limited shelf life and definitely not one that will grow us.

If it's a loan move until the end of the season, Dani to Juve and Vucinic to us, I see a lot of merit in it. Vicinic is obviously a quialty player and if it's only until the end of the season when we sell Dani for the reported 10m it will buy us time to assess who we want to replace him permanently.

If it's a permanent swap deal (depending on if there's any cash moving as well) I have reservations due to his age. I think we need to be looking at players who have some development in them for a permanent move.

IMO Could be a very good move but only on a loan deal!

Edited by St Jim
fat fingers

Absolutely NOT.

our team is full of energetic hungry youthful players and you want to sign a lazy passed it merchinary in Berbatov? Yes let's undo all the good work that has gone into picking only players that fit both in footballing skill and personality

Sorry have I missed something about Osvaldo and Ramirez?

Banega is the great enigma of the press. On one hand he's off to Utd with a £20M price tag. Then he's rated at £6M on another report.

He's reported to be available on loan somewhere else too! - I've never seen reports on a player be so wildly all over the place.

If he was so highly rated a top top European club would have come in for him, they have not, would rather spend more on a proven Premiership player or a player from abroad from the Northern European Leagues for much cheaper.

Getting excited now as the deadline looms. I agree that Vela would be a good signing - someone that can play up front and in the attacking trio would be a great asset to have, and he's a good age too. Will it happen? Fingers crossed, though with Osvaldo seemingly moving back to Italy, I think we'll bring someone in from there.

What difference does that make ...whats his Fifa 2014 ranking thats all that matters :-)

Vucinic is apparently an 83 in Fifa 14.

Osvaldo is an 80.

That means he's 3 Fifa's better than Osvaldo.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Poch seems quite sure one in one out before deadline. Pacey striker would be perfect compliment to our attacking style. You can see lamberts lack of mobility is hampering him unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could see how Gallaghers mobility helped us last night

you could see how Gallaghers mobility helped us last night

In the first half he pulled their CB's all over the place, which opened up plenty of space. The only criticism I have is that he's not quite refined in terms of his touch, and there were situations last night where he could have done a lot better in terms of holding it up, passing it on...scoring..! but that's not really a big issue as he's only 18 and it will come. But he's got the attributes, if he continues with the coaches he'll be an able PL striker.

First time I have seen young Gallagher play last night - I thought he played well and as Clarkey say's above, was a right handful for their CB's.

Well impressed by the lad - Another one off our ever fruitful production line.

He did well, but poor lad was blowing out of his proverbial by half time. Not surprising, that is a big role against a quality defence for a debut.

He did well, but poor lad was blowing out of his proverbial by half time. Not surprising, that is a big role against a quality defence for a debut.

Agreed, but as you say a good run out against one of the leagues top sides - If he can play that well against in form Mertesacker and Kocielney, then he could run Hangeland and Hughes ragged at the weekend if he gets the nod again.

heard that we are looking to move ramirez on in january. either sold or loaned out

and to replace him with OxO...again, either loan with a view to buy. or buy if the price is right

apparently, he is desperate to play and he is way down the order now at arsenal

Batman - any update from your sources on this one?

MP confirming in his post match interview that there will "probably" be transfer activity over the next few days "both in and out"

I just watched that... loved the surprise at the end with MP breaking into English! It seemed to take everyone by surprise lol! I love the fact he's keeping his mate in a job... doing it his way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAybp_cgvPQ

Have we even got a sniff of any news? do we have any confirmed targets? surely if we were doing business in Italy it would be all over the net ?

The suspense is killing me

Vucinc, Luis Muriel, Eder...Astori, Vela......all been linked over the last week or 2

Mirko Vucinic is looking the most likely going on the reports and the origins of the reports.

Funny that given Corteses reputation for keeping his cards close to his chest, now he's left, we know even less about who the club might be signing. Theyve been more open with injuries and whether deals will happen, yet previously we had several weeks of speculation about whether we would be getting Ramirez, Osvaldo, Wanyana etc. Katrina obviously doesn't want what shes planning getting out!

Liverpool Echo suggesting Everton will bid for Jay Rodriguez after Lukaku's injury last night.

Return to the NW may possible attract JR would Everton be able to improve upon Jay's wages or be a more attractive long term prospect

Would leave us very short of experienced strikers IF it happens