January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Assuming we have someone lined up it is interesting theres no real leak as to who. Most likely not a high profile player I would assume, especially as Poch bigged up the scouting network in his interview the other day.

Usual negative drivel from you pal. Could be a MASSIVE player ; )

MP sounded pretty confident of a signing which makes me think it's a long-term target that we had lined up rather than an opportunistic swap or someone being hawked around late in the window.

And we don't often grab players at a whim, all of our signings in recent years are ones we have a huge amount of information on - they're all targets for a period of time, in some cases - over 18 months.

This is where you see the benefit of such a big scouting and player database system, when you need someone you don't have to panic - we have all the information available to us to make a sensible approach. So I think you're right, whoever we're after will have been a genuine target, whether or not Osvaldo left.

MP sounded pretty confident of a signing which makes me think it's a long-term target that we had lined up rather than an opportunistic swap or someone being hawked around late in the window.

Surely will be a loan though otherwise we could end up stuck with the new vuy and Osvaldo in the summer.

Also thought MP was pretty genuine re no business in his pressers, obviously the Osvaldo thing has forced our hands so until that we probably had no plans. Unless his Exit was on the cards prior to the Fonte incident.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-transfer-news-jack-cork-3090263

Mirror says we have turned down Swansea's 3m offer for Cork. Easily worth 5m.

Hope Cork isn't looking to move. You couldn't of blamed him having been overlooked earlier in the season. Maybe the regular place he has right now will be enough to keep him happy

Surely will be a loan though otherwise we could end up stuck with the new vuy and Osvaldo in the summer.

Also thought MP was pretty genuine re no business in his pressers, obviously the Osvaldo thing has forced our hands so until that we probably had no plans. Unless his Exit was on the cards prior to the Fonte incident.

And the two bad injuries

And the two bad injuries

Perez said no plans to replace them. And if we get a striker we won't have.

Re Cork, imagine the story has been leaked by his Agent to get us to firm up plans for his future. Out of contract end of next season so if we arent going to offer him a new one then we may well sell for the right price. Or we will offer one soon.

i think we always have targets, it's just a question of whether we decide to buy them or not in any given window. We are pretty certain to finish 9th or thereabouts so it was probably felt that we should give the squad the chance to develop until the summer as there was no point investing a load of cash to finish 9th more emphatically!

With Ossie-gate, we have maybe accelerated on a target on the basis that it's now worth it overall to spend some money.

i think we will be looking for a loan for Osvaldo with a permanent transfer obliged in the summer.

Cork for £3m....I don't get which bit is meant to be funny?

The joke is that Swansea are trying to keep their reportedly unhappy manager satisfied by signing David Ngog and making insulting offers for a player who was dominating the midfield against Arsenal just 24 hours ago.

The joke is that Swansea are trying to keep their reportedly unhappy manager satisfied by signing David Ngog and making insulting offers for a player who was dominating the midfield against Arsenal just 24 hours ago.

We don't know behind the scenes how much we value Cork though. He barely got a minute on the pitch until December in the league.

We don't know behind the scenes how much we value Cork though. He barely got a minute on the pitch until December in the league.

Maybe so, I still think we can get more than 3m for him he's too good to be let go for that cheap. I wonder when his contract is up though, if he only has 18 months left then the low bid may be more understandable.

Danny Fox on his way to Forest?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10972987.Italian_giants_confirm_interest_in_signing_Saints_star/?ref=var_0

relevant bit at the bottom of this article

There are other European clubs interested in a move for Osvaldo, and it could be that if Saints cannot tie up a permanent deal with Juventus in time they try to loan him out, with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

That is the route that Danny Fox is expected take, with Nottingham Forest set to complete a loan deal for the left back with a permanent move agreed for the summer.