January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

Cardiff City open discussions to sell £8.5m summer signing Andreas Cornelius back to FC Copenhagen - for a loss of about £5m, reports Wales Online.

The 20-year-old has failed to score for the Bluebirds in 11 matches since arriving from the Danish club.

These big striker signings haven't worked out for many.

From what I can tell, the only 'big' summer striker signing who has made an impact is Negredo.

Soldado, Ricky-van-whatsit, Osvaldo, Cornelious, Bony (to a degree), Altidore. All cost big, big money and have all been pretty frustrating for their clubs. Rumour also has it that Ricky-van-whatsit is being made available for transfer.

My problem with Vucinic is he would just be Osvaldo mk II. Didnt want to be here, disinterested, lazy etc. Our style of play really benefits from a mobile, intelligent striker and getting goals from across the front 4. Sadly that sort of player, who also scores, is why players like Suarez, Aguero, Van Persie etc cost so much, they're rare

I'd rather take a chance on someone like Ings or stick with Gallagher and see who's available in the summer

My problem with Vucinic is he would just be Osvaldo mk II. Didnt want to be here, disinterested, lazy etc. Our style of play really benefits from a mobile, intelligent striker and getting goals from across the front 4. Sadly that sort of player, who also scores, is why players like Suarez, Aguero, Van Persie etc cost so much, they're rare

I'd rather take a chance on someone like Ings or stick with Gallagher and see who's available in the summer

Camilo Sanvezzo would fit

Cardiff City open discussions to sell £8.5m summer signing Andreas Cornelius back to FC Copenhagen - for a loss of about £5m, reports Wales Online.

The 20-year-old has failed to score for the Bluebirds in 11 matches since arriving from the Danish club.

These big striker signings haven't worked out for many.

From what I can tell, the only 'big' summer striker signing who has made an impact is Negredo.

Soldado, Ricky-van-whatsit, Osvaldo, Cornelious, Bony (to a degree), Altidore. All cost big, big money and have all been pretty frustrating for their clubs. Rumour also has it that Ricky-van-whatsit is being made available for transfer.

Agree with most of that but not Bony, would have him here in a heartbeat, even playing in a struggling team (relatively speaking) I'm betting he will outscore our present strikers this season

The one who joined Querétaro on the 17th Jan? Seems like an odd suggestion.

Ahh ok missed that! Stand out player in the MLS last 2 years and knew he was having contract issues at Whitecaps. I know its just the MLS but he looked outstanding in some of the games I saw.

Or none. Quagliarella is ****e anyway and Vucinic link ruled out by good Italian sources.

That article doesnt rule anything out, just that Vucinic prefers Inter. .

There are rumors concerning an alleged deal, basted with Juventus and Southampton, aimed at the exchange of badges of Mirko Vucinic and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. But the operation is not standing, both the attackers hope to change jersey by 31 January, but Mirko always cultivates the hope that it will re-open a crack Inter, with Arsenal and Monaco to take into account where relevant, while at the time the track Zenit is less feasible. As for Oswald, however, we have already said that tomorrow will be a middleman in England to understand the margins of the opening of Southampton.

This is a player I have kept an eye on lately and will continue to do so.

A more mobile 'target man' that is currently on loan to Hamburg from Hertha.

Player that won't exactly get the 'name dropping' brigade excited but someone I think will come good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre-Michel_Lasogga

Jovetic is a very sensible shout but I would be pleasantly surprised should that or any domestic loan/transfer happen this window.

Player that won't exactly get the 'name dropping' brigade excited but someone I think will come good.

Jovetic is a very sensible shout but I would be pleasantly surprised should that or any domestic loan/transfer happen this window.

Hint or just a general HCDAJFU comment?

Heard anything Monk?

Heard anything Monk?

Hint or just a general HCDAJFU comment?

Apologies, was just a recommendation. Last thing I was told back in January (two targets identified, will only move for one) but as ever no names. Only name I have ever seen/told in black and white was the Astori file/dvd at Staplewood back in 2013.

I have minimal contact with Fran now as I am assisting at another club.

I'm hearing Osvaldo to Juve on loan with a loan fee paid them €11m at the end of the season. With Vucinic coming on loan for rest of the season. Also another play could be coming in.

From not606, but it's a poster with genuine ITK credentials over there. Interesting.

I'm hearing Osvaldo to Juve on loan with a loan fee paid them €11m at the end of the season. With Vucinic coming on loan for rest of the season. Also another play could be coming in.

From not606, but it's a poster with genuine ITK credentials over there. Interesting.

Not another Rocketswannie special then ?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/83393/

Seems to be having a decent season, I would rather us look at the Bundesliga these days, must be bargains to be had.

Latest update from Alfredo Pedulla:

Oswald, tomorrow Juve has bid. Growing optimism. But there is also the Tottenham

A bit more..

Tomorrow Juve will present an offer to the Southampton to Osvaldo. There was a long meeting today, with possible upgrade in the evening. Southampton opened at onerous loan with guaranteed redemption, with Vucinic and/or outgoing Qadri Juve continues to check the situation carefully. Momentarily rejected Valencia, received another offer from the Premier: many clues lead to Tottenham on the hunt for a striker. But Juve is there and not the spring ....

http://www.alfredopedulla.com/articoli/37472-esclusiva_osvaldo_domani_offerta_juve_e_il_tott

Vucinic on loan to Arsenal - medical tomorrow apparently

Fair enough. Fits in with the earlier reports that a Vucinic/Osvaldo swap wasn't on the cards.

Good sign that the Osvaldo to Juve deal is on though so hopefully we also have a replacement lined up.

Edited by Saint Charlie

A striker with a bit of movement that is good in the box and one that make runs on the first post would be handy....

Like Giroud for their first goal yesterday...

Let's hope any potential new striker doesn't fly around in the air like him though.