Rickie 100 league goals Lambert

paulwantsapint

Terrific buy - best bit of business the club has ever done perhaps? Struggling to think of another gamble that has paid off so handsomely - and £1m was a gamble no doubt.

Well done for coming up with an interesting thread amidst Glasgows tedious thread fest by the way!

He paid for it, with his goals in gaining promotion from league 1, let alone the championship promotion to the big time.

It seems that the momentum is still in the right direction even though I thought it might be derailed a little.

Safe by the end of February.... Never heard of!

You will never, ever, ever see £1m spent as well again.

This. Still amazes me that some fans just cannot see the passing, vision and link up play he brings to the team. The only issue with Lambert is when he doesn't play or has been injured it takes him a while to get up to speed......altho he didn't do badly today after a couple of weeks out :-)

Today's goal for Lambert got me thinking, would he still have been here to score if Nicola was still here? We heard the stories of him wanting to go to West Ham, was it true? If so was it Rickie who wanted to leave or was it Cortese wanting to ship him out? Either way I'm glad he is still here. Really chuffed for Rickie today. A true Saints legend! I hope that is the first of at least the next 50 for us.

Edited by Saint J 77

When he signed from Bristol Rovers, I didn't have a clue who he was and instantly wrote him off as being over weight, slow and not the sort of signing we should be making.

How wrong.

Top, top player. Still slow and annoys the crap out of me for pulling wide and often being behind the play, especially when counter attacking BUT he's been an incredible signing for us.

Congrats Sir Lambert.

I still remember when he scored against us in the FA Cup, playing for Bristol Rovers. It's been a great story and one that I've been proud to be part of. I missed most of MLT's career as I lived abroad for 17 years in the days when there was no internet. So to watch another legend develop has been a real priviledge. I just will echo some of the comments from other posters - his support play is excellent and a joy to watch. The pass to J-Rod yesterday for his goal was even better than I first thought when I saw it again on MOTD.